UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dark Angel Max X5-452

I am confused about your question.

I know she was an exclusive. Previews I think. She was going to be part of a whole line of Dark Angel minimates (to go with the AA action figures) but I don't remember why the line was shot dead. I have seen concept art for four or five more characters.

Maybe if you were a little more specific in what you wanted to know.....

from the Minimate Wiki

Other than that I'm at a loss as to where else to find info on this mate. Not unless you want useless trivia or something.

EDIT: tiny photos of prototypes of the unreleased Dark Angel mates

Edited by NorthRaider

I sense some potential sarcasm in this entry:

The shock cancellation of the show, Fox choosing to instead direct it's funding towards some barely watched and little known show called Firefly, effectively killed the line before release.

Firefly was barely watched when it first came out, of course, but developed a huge cult following afterward culminating in Serenity. I don't think Dark Angel's cult popularity even comes close. Anyway. . .

Although I've looked all over the place I can't seem to find any information on what I understand to be the very first Minimate 'character' ......incredible perhaps but I can't find a damned thing. Can anybody help?

Thanks for the help which I appreciate. I'll clarify my question by saying that I can't find anything about the Dark Angel Minimate. Specifically ,there is no review I can find of the character in my normal path of choice ,MMCentral.

...which is strange cos I do have the figure. She's being wooed by Captain Kirk in one pic. Sadly she'll be in storage somewhere now, along with Eddie, who was my first ever Minimate (being a massive Maiden fan) and yet never graced with a review.

I want to be a masculinist scholar. "Hulk: Kicking Ass With Huge Extremities - Justification for Lou Ferrigno as Traditional Masculinist Hero"

Please get on this. I would also like to see a paper on John McClane: Use of Phallic Weaponry and American Machismo as an Appropriate Reaction to Male Pattern Baldness.

Any fans of the Dark Angel show here? I caught a few episodes one day on Scifi. I found it to be pretty forgettable.

I can't really add more than what has already been said. Previews exclusive figure to launch the line. Based on the Jessica Alba TV show. Line died when Fox canceled the show. Minimates were too new and the show was only on the air for (checking wikipedia...) two seasons so there was no way the 'mates would sell without a media presence.

Side note. The other Max prototype figure from the first series seemed to have a sculpted chest block yet the Cindy character did not.

The only thing I remember from the TV show was that it had James Cameron's name plastered all over and it had an interesting (for the time) design/visual aesthetic. As far as plot or acting, meh.