UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Taco Bell Thread?!! (what!!!)

Crayfish™

Yeah..this is not a joke. I just got back from Taco Bell and on the wall advertising the kid's meal they have a thing for Bellheadz...which is a cross between Qees and well...I don't know. They have a bell shaved head and lots of different designs...27 of them (I think).

So someone find out more about these cause I was hungry and in a hurry. :D

Edited by Crayfish™

You mean these?

Huh. They remind me more of Dunnies than they do of Qees. I guess that explains why there's (oddly) so much controversy surrounding these toys: Dunnies, Qees and other urban vinyl platform toys are very artist-centric, so in theory companies can't just copy them willy-nilly. Think a more street-level version of copyright infringement.

They look okay for kid's meal toys though. FYI Burger King (or at least the ones around here :confused:) used to do something similar, though at least they actually had the foresight of using *somewhat* more original designs rather than directly riffing off a popular toy line.

Bellendz have been popular in the UK for quite some time although displaying your Bellendz is frowned upon. We keep our Bellendz loose & generally in a smoke & pet-free environment ,keeping them behind glass is unthinkable.

I could definitely get into trouble if I were to continue so I'll stop there before the Mods pull my Bellendz....er...post :lol:

Somebody ,somewhere is having the last laugh though if these are being marketed....." a bell shaped (shaved? -Freudian-slip perhaps) head & lots of different designs" :rolleyes:

edit: Sorry........ Bellheadz :unsure:

Well, you know you've succeeded if you're getting copied. However, since the Urban Vinyl zombies pride themselves on being Underground, could their own success kill the genre? Where will those toadying independent free-thinkers flock to next?

As for the figures themselves -- very Dunny and definitely no worse than some of recent Dunny releases.

They'd be ok if they werent called something so stupid ,the toys in kids meals here in the UK are always junk based on the latest kids movie. Although it does take some of the "cool" away from them being from such a mainstream company it is a great entry level way to get into "art toys".

oh and damn you northraider now i want some dunnies never really seen much of them before but they're awsome :)

Edited by gledzee

Interesting. Finally an original "kids meal toy" that doesn't suck horribly. I'm not saying they are great, but they look cool and are a somewhat original idea (granted they are very close to Dunnies).

Are there Taco Bell shops outside the USA?

I've got a purple "Kanye" one. They're cool, but I don't get fast-food much, so I'm not sure how many more I'll get before they go away. I wonder if they'd allow you to buy them like Mc D's did for Beanie Babies back in the day.

They do. That's how i got mine; 3 Volcano Tacos, and then bought "him" seperately.

Speaking of the Bellhead, it's a blue version of the Red Fire one in the first posts. Very cool, even if i only wanted the green one.

• 2 weeks later...