UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

good news on TRU shipments

seems like the negative feedback TRU has received on their(actually NOT theirs as items are sent via UPS to your local usps hub and then repostaged and sent out to your home via USPS) shipping service and the horrible condition items are received in due to the "bubble envelope" packaging.

today i received 2 12"x 10" x 4" boxes each containing 1 minimate two-pack, now its over kill! :blush:

That is good news however late it may be! My BSG series 2 were sent in 4 seperate manilla envelopes and all came slightly crunched (which ultimately is ok since I don't keep the packages but it is the concept of it). Atleast my miniflyers will hopefully come in a box when they get released.

I have wondered to myself if this was an intentional response to all the negative feedback about the bubble wrap. Personally, I'm really digging this. Those boxes they send are a great size for sending other stuff of mine away when I sell/trade. I still don't completely understand their processes for breaking up orders, though. Yeah, shipping one set at a time makes some sense, if they are processed by pack or something. But I ordered multiple Venkman/Demon Dog packs coming to me, and less than half my order of that single pack are being sent to me in their own box.

Over the last several business days, I've had the UPS guy show up with one or two small, light boxes of TRU stuff, and there's another one supposedly coming today.

My BSG2 shipments came like this.

- One pack in a padded envelope.

- Another pack in a padded envelope.

- Two more packs in a single padded envelope.

- Last pack in a box.

As for why they break up orders into multiple shipment, maybe it goes like this? The TRU distribution center gets a pallet full of DST cases with a shipping list that says "XX cases of Ghostbusters Minimates." They don't know what individual packs are in a case. So they have someone whose sole job is to open all the cases and sort and group all the packages. You know, group all the Slimer/Louis packs together, and Jogger/Egon together, etc. Once everything is sorted and counted they input the numbers into the inventory control database. The problem is this person is slow. Reeaaalllyy slow. Or maybe they are easily distracted.

...340 Slimers, 341 Slimers, 342 Slimers, hmmm, what would happen if somebody lit Slimer on fire? Is slime flammable, or is it inflammable. Wait, aren't those the same? Wait,where was I? Oh smurf! 1 Slimer, 2 Slimers...

I'd imagine the shipping department runs a report at the start of a shift to see what needs to be sent out. That report queries the inventory control database and sees there are X Jogger/Egon packs in stock. So the report simply says ship one to Elmer, ship one to Malachi, ship two to Ezmerelda, ship 3000 to BBTS, etc. Even though the rest of the items in the order are technically in stock, the DB doesn't know it so it doesn't know it can ship the whole order (or multiple items from the same order.)

Anyway, that's my guess. If this is TRUs problem, the obvious solution is to update all the quantities for a given series at the same time. Maybe there are external reasons and they can't do this. Performance measuring? Warehouse politics? Lack of writing instruments with which to take notes? Feral flying iguanas with a taste for human blood? Who knows?

In my mind's eye I have guy's working in the TRU warehouse carefully scanning the mailing destinations with 'inside information' about whom is actually the MMMV member each order is going to . As each 'member' is identified a decision is made as to whom gets what ........

.......as my name appears (for example) a series of decisions are made to first of all stomp on each pristine packet or perhaps worse.....just creasing the corner of an otherwise perfect packet....or bending the 'J' hanger!

Once these operations have been completed the packets are then carefully bubble-wrapped & placed gently amongst a veritable sea of polystyrene peanuts inside a heavy double-gauge virtually undentable,uncrushable ,state of the art carton. The carton is then sent on its way with the words 'Fragile' & TRU emblazoned on the parcel. The parcel of course arrives in a pristine state at my door where I am elated to see that TRU have at last learnt something :) ....... :(

Next up is Ivan's order.....

"We'll show this guy.....he's the completist ain't he?"

"Yep.....does that DatingBase thing"

"Pack 4 out of 5 .. & put in an 'Out of stock on item 3' letter in his shipment ....then it's good to go "

" But we've got plenty of item 3?......Oh.... I get it.... :yes: "

Groundhog's.....

Each packet in each wave is opened , an accessory is removed,the packet re-sealed & then dispatched.

Dio's is perhaps the cruellest ......

Special custom-printed packets are packed with special-custom Minimates that bear little reference to anything that is sent to anyone else ......then dispatched

These special custom packets & 'mates had previously been glued to a TRU toy-rack ,in Houston, weeks before the Wave had even been announced.......coincidentally the very night TM2Dinobot was known to be shopping there.

In my mind's eye I have guy's working in the TRU warehouse carefully scanning the mailing destinations with 'inside information' about whom is actually the MMMV member each order is going to . As each 'member' is identified a decision is made as to whom gets what ........

.......as my name appears (for example) a series of decisions are made to first of all stomp on each pristine packet or perhaps worse.....just creasing the corner of an otherwise perfect packet....or bending the 'J' hanger!

Once these operations have been completed the packets are then carefully bubble-wrapped & placed gently amongst a veritable sea of polystyrene peanuts inside a heavy double-gauge virtually undentable,uncrushable ,state of the art carton. The carton is then sent on its way with the words 'Fragile' & TRU emblazoned on the parcel. The parcel of course arrives in a pristine state at my door where I am elated to see that TRU have at last learnt something :) ....... :(

Next up is Ivan's order.....

"We'll show this guy.....he's the completist ain't he?"

"Yep.....does that DatingBase thing"

"Pack 4 out of 5 .. & put in an 'Out of stock on item 3' letter in his shipment ....then it's good to go "

" But we've got plenty of item 3?......Oh.... I get it.... :yes: "

Groundhog's.....

Each packet in each wave is opened , an accessory is removed,the packet re-sealed & then dispatched.

Dio's is perhaps the cruellest ......

Special custom-printed packets are packed with special-custom Minimates that bear little reference to anything that is sent to anyone else ......then dispatched

These special custom packets & 'mates had previously been glued to a TRU toy-rack ,in Houston, weeks before the Wave had even been announced.......coincidentally the very night TM2Dinobot was known to be shopping there.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

I think something that frustrates me as a new TRU.com customer is how things are shipped seperately :pinch: Why not just send everything at the same time in the same box? Are they pretty much doing what they did when they were part of Amazon and farming out their services? Which is why things come in multiple packages/boxes from different locations?

Just received my Lego Batman 360 game in a bubble wrapped envelope <_< Why didn't they just send it in a media container :unsure: Hopefully the game plays fine or I'm going to be a little put out. Can't wait to see how my new game arrives.

Edited by The_Donster