UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Does Anyone know how to fix Broken Minimates?

I have no idea if this has been posted before, or if it's even in the right spot. But Anyway, Like I said in my introduction topic; http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=6885 ; I said, that I had given my youngest brother the minimates I used to have, because I lost interest in them years ago, anyway, as you will see, he is very 'talented' in customizing burnt victims, people with missing limbs, and suggestions otherwise. He liked to 'customize' with the things he had, and this is the result:

GEDC0101.jpg

GEDC0102.jpg

GEDC0103.jpg

GEDC0097.jpg

(The White stuff on the desktop, is just paper I couldn't remove, after cleaning. lol.)

Anyway, is there anyway I could get to make it so I could add both legs on? Or would I have to buy a new one? Thanks for reading, and replying!

Honestly, the only thing I can think of is supergluing the leg onto the crotch piece. While you'll lose some articulation, at least he'll be able to stand up. :shrugs:
That's what I was afraid of. D: Thanks.

I suppose hypothetically it would be possible to fix the articulation on a break like that... I might not be the best authority on this since I'm not a customizer, but off the top of my head you can possibly free the detached ball joint from the leg first (maybe loosen up the plastic a bit by heating or freezing it a bit... I'm not sure), then reattach the ball joint to the T-piece with either some good superglue or with one of those little screws... then again that would depend on the detached ball joint still being intact somewhere and some drilling into the T-piece might be required...

I'm afraid punisher's suggestion might be the quickest (meaning less needlessly complicated) solution to your predicament. Either that or our very own Parts Exchange thread where you can find a replacement for whatever was broken. Sorry I couldn't be more help :sweat: Good luck with those breaks.

I remember seeing in somone's customizing thread I believe, that they were able to drill a hole through the crotch piece, and insert a small metal pin of some kind and use sculpting putty to reform the ball joints for the legs. You would also need to drill out the remaining plastic from the severed leg also. I had to fix a busted Nightcrawler, but I painted a new crotch piece to match, and drilled the plastic from the leg. Either way you cut it, it's a PITA.

BS

One Thing I did forget to say, The Ball that keeps the leg on, is missing. The only Idea I have come up with is the one that punisher said, and another would be like water and paper trick. I think what Blacksun had said seems the best, besides what North said with the replacements, which is a nice idea too. Thanks Everyone.

I remember seeing in somone's customizing thread I believe, that they were able to drill a hole through the crotch piece, and insert a small metal pin of some kind and use sculpting putty to reform the ball joints for the legs. You would also need to drill out the remaining plastic from the severed leg also. I had to fix a busted Nightcrawler, but I painted a new crotch piece to match, and drilled the plastic from the leg. Either way you cut it, it's a PITA.

BS

would've suggested something like this. had to do the same with my nightcrawler, but as it was plain black, i simply replaced the top half of the leg as well

Maybe if you behave yourself & comply with Forum rules someone might send you a replacement.

edit: At the moment you haven't a leg to stand on! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the Honesty BHM. And The Humour. B)

In one of my post i explained how i did it (ive had to do it 2x actually) with my wolverine Minimate('s).

Youll need super glue

a plastic rod ( i like to use a leg from the plastic t3 legged stands used in pizza boxes to keep the roof of the pizza box from being pressed against the pizza. Its a flexible yet firm plastic)

a drill and the smallest drill bit available

a dremel with a diamond burr (or use the smallest possible drill bit VERY slowly).

*Possibly a bit of sculpy or cotton fibers from a cotton ball. I used sculpy myself but you want something that will give the glue something rough to attach to

Drill a hole through the waist

Insert rod

Drill/dremel holes into the ball ends

add a drop of glue into each ball end (at this point you can add a bit of cotton ball fiber or the tiniest piece of sculpy inside the hollowed out ball)

Attach one ball end to one end of your rod thats been measured to the appropriate length

Slide it through the waist

Attach other ball end

Let dry and your done. Personally i give my fixed waist pieces ample drying time.

In one of my post i explained how i did it (ive had to do it 2x actually) with my wolverine Minimate('s).

Youll need super glue

a plastic rod ( i like to use a leg from the plastic t3 legged stands used in pizza boxes to keep the roof of the pizza box from being pressed against the pizza. Its a flexible yet firm plastic)

a drill and the smallest drill bit available

a dremel with a diamond burr (or use the smallest possible drill bit VERY slowly).

*Possibly a bit of sculpy or cotton fibers from a cotton ball. I used sculpy myself but you want something that will give the glue something rough to attach to

Drill a hole through the waist

Insert rod

Drill/dremel holes into the ball ends

add a drop of glue into each ball end (at this point you can add a bit of cotton ball fiber or the tiniest piece of sculpy inside the hollowed out ball)

Attach one ball end to one end of your rod thats been measured to the appropriate length

Slide it through the waist

Attach other ball end

Let dry and your done. Personally i give my fixed waist pieces ample drying time.

Thanks for the help, and I see what you were talking about. I don't know when I'll fix it, but when I do, you know there'll be pictures!

http://www.unitednuclear.com/magnets.htm

You could try drilling a small hole into the crotch piece and inserting a disc magnet

In the Leg joint, insert a ball magnet.

Not sure how effective this would be, but these are extremely strong magnets so it would almost be like gluing the leg on.

Just a thought

A little too expensive for me, not to mention I haven't got a paypal account.