UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Family-friendly board or not?

buttheadsmate

:P:P

Hi guys!!

Put it this way, if I got that much fun from riding a stationary bike I'd never leave the gym ~ although I'm not so sure how well it would good down with the good Christian folks that run the gym!! :P

Actually, it could a whole new angle for the world of Shinzonlust (which is all fiiiiiiiiiine, thanks for asking TBT!)...

Moving swiftly on...

I was really picking up on another member's comment about the sig which I had noticed before, but had not felt sufficiently offended to make a complaint, although I wondered really why it needed to be there at all. It comes down to a question of asking the question 'should I just because I can?'

I'm not certain that the mods would necessarily be obliged to act upon the complaint of only one member anyway because in extreme cases of basic illiberal intolerence, the place could soon be a tyranny of censorship, and I think the mods should only act if a lot of members complain. I think it would be more of a problem if you could see more of her body.

Usually, on the forums I frequent a lot, I actually make people's sigs invisible because I find them mostly too large and distracting. I presume there is that option here as well.

Still it's always worthwhile to have a thread like this that acts as a kind of self-audit of usual practice because it will bring out issues that don't always become headlines.

Edited by JulesLuvsShinzon

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still it's always worthwhile to have a thread like this that acts as a kind of self-audit of usual practice because it will bring out issues that don't always become headlines.

See also: Bob Harris's avatar thread ;) (We miss ya, Bob!)

This is what I've always loved about this board: we have a lot of fun here, but we're still civil and tactful enough not to resort to anything too crude and obnoxious. As others here have already said, a lot of the shenanigans that do occur here are mostly done in good fun with relatively little outright malicious intent, not like *other* places. And when issues do arise, we're able to work them out with open, coherent discussion like this one (grammar nazis and Kang jokes notwithstanding :P)