UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU shipping = no protection

Webhead

So I got this huge bubble mailer today and opened it up. It was my 2 Dark Avengers Box set that I ordered. The boxes were crushed. Now i know TRU was offering free shipping but come on! Who mails toys that come in a box in a bubble mailer!!!

Can you tell I'm thoroughly pissed about this? @#$%$#@$%

The same thing happened to me!! <_<

I actually called TRU and complained today about my mashed package (mostly because I paid the $5.00 shipping) and they appologized, told me it was a experiment the warhouse was trying, and that they would inform them it was not working. She then offered me two options,

1.) to send a pre-paid envelope to me and replace the item or

2.) reemburse me the shipping ($5.00) and credit me $5.00 off of the purchase. ($10.00 total)

I took them up on offer #2.

At least customer service did something about my problem instead of doing nothing, so I give them some props. Hopefully the warehouse will stop going the cheap route and start putting orders in boxes again.

I actually called TRU and complained today about my mashed package (mostly because I paid the $5.00 shipping) and they appologized, told me it was a experiment the warhouse was trying, and that they would inform them it was not working.

Hopefully the "experiment" will be over by the time my Secret Wars set needs to be sent out.

Ok, this has nothing to do with TRU or a smashed package, but it's about shipping.

I placed an order through AFX for the SDCC goodies. I chose priority mail because UPS sucks. It was nearly 15 dollars for shipping. I got the package today and there's the postage sticker. It's $8.09. Should I tell AFX that they over-charged me, as It's nearly half of what I was told to pay.

Ok, this has nothing to do with TRU or a smashed package, but it's about shipping.

I placed an order through AFX for the SDCC goodies. I chose priority mail because UPS sucks. It was nearly 15 dollars for shipping. I got the package today and there's the postage sticker. It's $8.09. Should I tell AFX that they over-charged me, as It's nearly half of what I was told to pay.

AFX uses another company to do it's shipping as they are based in Hawaii, that company is based out of LA, CA.

This other company obviously has to make something for the service. Think of the charge as a mixture of postage costs, packing materials and time to pack the items.

T.

I have been in the self-same situation & I contacted AFX & politely queried the shipping ,they replied quickly & refunded the excess ,as simple as that. This was well over a year ago & I can't say you'll get the same response but you'll lose nothing by trying.

Let us know!