UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Sorry AA/DST, but I'm going to have to boycott TRU for now

Dio

Exclusive is likely a relative term which holds very little weight any more. If you look at the video game industry, exclusive doesn't mean a whole lot most of the time. Different consoles get "exclusive" rights to a game, only for the rest of the industry to release the game at some point down the road. All exclusive really means is that at this one particular moment, this is the only place to get this. So, the Web Armor Spider-Man was exclusive to AFX when it first came out, only now you can get it from TRU as well. If anything AFX should be more miffed by the new Venom figure than Web Armor Spidey, since they've been swimming in excess stock of WASM for a while now. Venom, though, is a new figure slated to come out in a box set later this month, only to have the thunder stolen by shoving him in a 2-pack a good month or so in advance.

Oh, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the excess keychains either bundled together in some sort of "set" for sale on AFX or tossed in as freebies for future purchases from AFX.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything AFX should be more miffed by the new Venom figure than Web Armor Spidey, since they've been swimming in excess stock of WASM for a while now. Venom, though, is a new figure slated to come out in a box set later this month, only to have the thunder stolen by shoving him in a 2-pack a good month or so in advance.

Complete speculation of course, but I thought that AFX might have re-sold a big chunk of its over-stock of WA Spideys back to DST so that they could re-release them in the 2-pack with Venom. Though I don't know the logistics of transferring those little buggers from their baggies into new packaging, or if the cost involved would really outweigh the manufacturing of new ones. . .and AFX is still selling them.

Edited by karamazov80

Companies rarely take back excess stock to repackage them. The costs involved are not worth it. Personally I'd bet that the WA Spidey is new and will have a new copyright date on the leg.

Companies rarely take back excess stock to repackage them. The costs involved are not worth it. Personally I'd bet that the WA Spidey is new and will have a new copyright date on the leg.

Indeed, they have different copyright dates.

post-37-1247593642_thumb.jpg

I know this is a slightly redundant post, but I had already put the work into taking the pic and then learning how to post it at a reduced size (has it really been that long since I was active on here? :blush: ) when I saw that BHM beat me to it... so Im putting it in anyway :P

And it may just be the ones I got, but it seems that the paint app on the TRU releases are a bit more sloppy than the AFX releases - especially the eyes. The print for the webbing on the head shows through the white paint a bit, whereas the AFX version has no bleedthrough...

Hopefully we will see BE/MS in some other fashion and hopefully it is just the pairing that is exclusive like the Hulk/Abomination and PUnisher/Jigsaw packs that said exclusive but obviously it was just the pairing that was exclusive. I am still just crossing my fingers that this wave will show up at my TRU. I have been diligently checking every day so if they do come in and I miss them I will be pissed.

Hopefully we will see BE/MS in some other fashion and hopefully it is just the pairing that is exclusive like the Hulk/Abomination and PUnisher/Jigsaw packs that said exclusive but obviously it was just the pairing that was exclusive. I am still just crossing my fingers that this wave will show up at my TRU. I have been diligently checking every day so if they do come in and I miss them I will be pissed.

EDITED: Sorry Matt!! Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I went out on my first TRU hunt after seeing the Help-an-overseas buddy out with BE/MS post. I have no need for any of the recent exclusives, but since I was in town I figured I check out the Minimates selection. All I found were Wolverine Origins, Heroes and Villains, and Union Jack sets. The pegs were completely full. When I asked a clerk if they had any Ghostbusters figures they said that the only new toys they had were G-Force. :confused: I'm not really sure what this means, other than the fact that I won't be going to brick and mortar TRUs for Minimates any time soon.

However, my brother in Illinois found the Bullseye/Moonstone

Seriously where? I'm just asking so I don't waste my time going to that TRU if it's too far.

I knew there was another good reason why I got doubles. :) (Oh and the packaging variants :blush: )