UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dr Who Minimates Survey.

You may or may not remember Gerg from the AA boards. Basically he has a School GCSE Graphics Design Project coming up, and would like your help. Here is what he has to say:

"I am a 14 year-old, located in London, England, who is just starting work on a GCSE Graphics course in my school. I have chosen to design a product concerning the rather popular American toy "Minimates": I am going to design packaging for fictional "Doctor Who Minimates" and hopefully be able to create a few, customised Doctor Who Minimates throughout the duration of this summer. Nonetheless, would it be possible if you could link to a survey I will be making on your forum, so that I can collect some data to aid me in designing, and making, a realistic-looking product?"

So without further ado here is the survey. Please answer sensibly :D

I'd be down.

Visibility is HIGH in both the US and UK, so the time to strike, if ever there were any, would be NOW.

I'm somewhat torn between how I would like tis sort of thing packaged. I like the thematic elements, but would equally be satisfied with blind-boxing, because that route generally makes army-building more accessible. If you have non-blind single-packaging, then you have to weigh in how to balance out the 'heavies' (The Doctor, sidekicks) with the generics (Cybermen, Daleks, Guy-covered-in-mud Guys, etc). Blind-boxing is advantageous in that you can be more 'off' with the ratios, and still get away with it, as long as you don't stick the most desired character in a 'rare' slot (just ask Palisades! oh, wait...).

Even within sets, I think themes would be good, such as restricting a particular wave to a particular Doctor. Start with modern(most visible), then go Baker(most well known), and after that it is up to you.

I'd be down.

Visibility is HIGH in both the US and UK, so the time to strike, if ever there were any, would be NOW.

I'm somewhat torn between how I would like tis sort of thing packaged. I like the thematic elements, but would equally be satisfied with blind-boxing, because that route generally makes army-building more accessible. If you have non-blind single-packaging, then you have to weigh in how to balance out the 'heavies' (The Doctor, sidekicks) with the generics (Cybermen, Daleks, Guy-covered-in-mud Guys, etc). Blind-boxing is advantageous in that you can be more 'off' with the ratios, and still get away with it, as long as you don't stick the most desired character in a 'rare' slot (just ask Palisades! oh, wait...).

Even within sets, I think themes would be good, such as restricting a particular wave to a particular Doctor. Start with modern(most visible), then go Baker(most well known), and after that it is up to you.

Heck yeah! I've been saying this for a few years in "desired license" polls. With the international success of the new series, now is the ideal time for this to happen(the market has ALWAYS been hot in the UK). Throw in some "regeneration" sets compiling Doctors through the ages and some "history of Dalek"sets as-well. Although, AA might need to redefine their formula and design a new base for the Daleks, however, if it were in three parts(dome, center, and base)they could make infinite variations including Davros. Just imagine,"Tardis-shaped blind-boxes with siren j-hooks"...too cool! Although I'm not personally a fan of blind-boxes (I like to know what I'm buying), I think most would buy these by the case anyway and trading could be fun in forums like this. The fan-base exists(more-so than many other acquired licenses), and the subject matter would translate perfectly into MMs.