UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TENIME_art Returns!!!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metallo looks awesome, TENIME! Mirage is another great addition to your collection.

What did you use for Mirage's "helmet"? I can't place the part. Is it Minimate?

Metallo looks awesome, TENIME! Mirage is another great addition to your collection.

What did you use for Mirage's "helmet"? I can't place the part. Is it Minimate?

Thanks to all you guys!

Mirage's helmet was Darkseid's!! I just cut the chin strap off!

Wow that was a really quickly done Metallo! Awesome work.

Right? I started on him right after you suggested I do him, and took the picture while even the red paint in his right eye was still drying!! Lol...

• 1 month later...

Geat quick custom! As much as I hoped and wished and prayed for a Green Arrow to be released, the official version just didn't wow me as much as i thought it would(and I really do love 99% of the minis that come out) But this hood really looks like a perfect fit, and improves on a pretty damn good mate.

TENIME, no offense meant, but the head seems kinda big, escpeccially since the body has no sculpting. Can I recommend adding to the body? Also, do Wreck-Gar so I can laugh. :D

You can suggest it, but when I upload pictures, I'm done with the custom.

Every Jazz custom I've ever seen has had the giant bunny ears.

Sorry, I'm happy with it.

Hey, that's fine. I love your work. No problem, and no offence meant. Hasbro needs to make some official ones. Although Robot Heroes rocks pretty hard.

Pick your two favorites. I made Prime first, since I'm obsessed with him. Then, making Megatron seemed the next logical step (why make the main hero, if you're not gonna make the main villain?). From there, I just started to eyeball my Classics shelf, and see what Minimate pieces I had in my parts box. The Daredevil mask and Doc Ock belly dictated Bumblebee would be next, and an Invisible Woman torso decided Soundwave for me (yes, his tape door is translucent!).

I just tried to go through the ranks of who I knew (I was just starting to get back into TFs, so I had to be reintroduced to everybody), the 20th Anniv. DVD helped provide inspiration, as well as some great design ideas from Lurch (my Starscream is almost exactly his design!). I made Springer, and now Jazz, because I'm really starting to love those characters (maybe not enough to supplant Prime as my #1, but still pretty favorable). Headstrong was made simply because the Rhino headpiece was just too perfect (thanks again for them, Lurch! And the Cyclops helmets - Jazz used one!).

Plot it out first, before you jump in. These designs (even the simple G1) are pretty complex for such tiny, detail-less figures. Something I've learned is with Minimates: Less is more.

Good luck, and I look forward to seeing your finished products!

I paint with Testor's Enamels and toothpicks. The toothpicks allow me to do smaller details than I'd be able to do with a brush. Also, as nice as glossy colors can look, don't underestimate the coolness of flat colors. They dry faster, and sometimes look better in place of glossy. I don't use acrylics, because they scrape off too easily. But others will tell you that acryls are better than enamels. It's all up to your preference. Try some trial and error. Learn to love something, and go with that. If you prefer acryls, go with those.

Hope that's a help.

• 2 months later...