UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TENIME_art Returns!!!

Not sure how I missed the incredible Transformers you've done, but I just stumbled across them all today. Words cannot do these justice. This is why minimates deserve to be the premiere toy line in the world. Everything looks good as a minimate. Anyway, these are very superbly done and are quite frankly mini-art. Well done!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you!

Okay, I may not have been able to do the Autobot I had wanted due to lack of paint (and, now I can't do him, because I'm not sure how...Lurch is working on a design for me...) - but my next Decepticon went off without a hitch (knock on wood!): STARSCREAM!!!

Lurch again provided the design, even though I still can't quite figure out what to use for his cannons...

His turbines are full-size Minimate feet, glued to a makeshift collar of his engines (made out of a Gwen Stacy coat). His cockpit is (again) an Invisible Woman foot, only this time Sharpied yellow (the bluish tint may have worked for Jetfire, but not Starscream).

His feet are full size Minimate feet (a rarity for me, since I now solely use C3 feet), with a little notch cut in the bottom of them to denote a separation from his jet exhausts. His hands are Juggernaut hands (why? I don't know...I just liked how they looked!).

His wings are the same thing I used for my Archangel: DVD case!! Only, this time I used different scissors to get a smoother cut, and used an exacto knife for the inside corners.

The Decepticon logos are homemade stickers.

The next Autobot is going to be awhile, because I can't quite figure out how to do his headgear or other apparati.

I will say this, though...he's utilizing a 2 & 1/2" body...

Damn Tenime! You've been pumping these out!

Starscream looks amazing! Nice use of some obsolete feet there...

Can't wait to see what you do with that Grimlock! You'll figure it out.

Starscream looks amazing! Nice use of some obsolete feet there...

I was going to say the same thing. I have a whole box filled with the old feet from where I've been updating the old figures with C3 feet, so its always nice to see new and inventive ways to cut down on the overstock.

Nervous, I took the lazy way out. It's a Marvel Legends base for Movie Daredevil.

Yes. I purchased a Ben Affleck action figure. I was trying to collect all the ML's at the time, and, unfortunately, he was one of them. Sue me. :lol:

Energy-Man, thank you. I'm pretty sure this is his third costume. First was his yellow, then his red, then this, then he went back to red.

Just finished Professor X in his Jim Lee costume last night.

Thanks to bruticus for inspiration and technical help!

And, my old Mr. Sinister custom finally got a background to call his own!!

Thanks, 'addict!

First, a new custom: Using the brand new Lex Luthor head, I gave him a business suit, replete with vest, loosened tie, and Kryptonite (care of Gamma Hulk...some might remember from the AA boards my picture of Joker with the chunk of green meteor rock)!!

The rest are old, old customs, with new backgrounds: Superboy, Supergirl, Antman, and Xorn (thanks again to Luke for sculpting the helmet for me)!

The next Autobot is still coming along...stupid white paint...needs 8 frickin' coats... :angry2:

Just finished Professor X in his Jim Lee costume last night.

Thanks to bruticus for inspiration and technical help!

No worries mate, i'm glad he came out looking as good as he did...

And in turn i'll thank Donny B for the general idea in the first place...

Thanks, bruticus!

ULTRA MAGNUS....

This took forever, but I'm so happy with how he turned out!

His body is a 2 &1/2" 'Mate, while his head is a 2" (thank god I did that, 'cuz otherwise his head would've been too wide, and his "shoulder stacks" wouldn't have worked!!). His helmet is Silver Centurion Iron Man's, trimmed, with parts of Gandalf's staff, shaved down for his antennae, and a 2" 'Mate non-C3 foot, trimmed for the ridge. His face is a decal.

His "stacks" are two Gwen Stacy coats, sliced up, and glued together. They are complete, except for a little notch for his shoulder to fit inside them, and the open bottom. The Autobot symbol is a sticker.

ASTROTRAIN....

The ridge and..."side parts"(?) on his head were carved out of a Magneto helmet.

The outspread tail on his chest was DVD case (my only real source of thin, but still thick, flat plastic).

His wings were cut from the back of Saruman's tunic.

His shoulder pads were Wolverine boots.

The "train noses" on his arms and the "shuttle noses" on his legs were non-C3 'Mate feet.

The gun is just a repaint, and the Decepticon symbol is, again, a sticker.

My favorite thing is, before I glued them on, the coloring on the "train noses" and his shoulder pads line up (as) perfectly (as I could manage with my shaky hands)!! Now, if only I hadn't had to glue them, and he could transform... <_<

Thanks, DP. You should like this next one...

GRIMLOCK...

I went with the Classics design, but gave him his blue eyes, instead of red. His ridge & "ears" were carved from Magneto's helmet, his shoulder pads were C3 Batman's boot...thingies. They were affixed to Classic Iron Man's chest piece. His "dino-head" were Colossus boots, and his "dino-feet" were Lady Deathstrike's hands, affixed to Invisible Woman shield rings. If you have the Classics figure of GL, compare him to my 'Mate: his left leg becomes his right arm. I could've moved LD's thumb, but I liked it where it was, and it works on the back of his arm!! His gun was from a generic G.I.Joe-type weapons pack, with a slice of Heavy Assault Batman's wing on the underside of it.

Enjoy!

Grimlock was actually supposed to be after Starscream, not Ultra Magnus; but I wanted to see what Lurch was going to do, since he had mentioned he was doing a design. He came up with a cool design, but I liked the Classics version so much, I just decided to wing it.

I hate using a flash, because it distorts the colors, but lighting my pictures takes way too long for such a simple request!

autobot-mates.jpg

These would've been up sooner, had my parents not downloaded a virus, causing me to fix the computer...

SHOCKWAVE:

Head: Lego head with the top peg cut off

Ears: Invisible Woman's heels

Eye: Invisible Woman's arm peg

Chest: Iceman's torso Sharpied fuchsia, Back left unpainted for light-piping

Right Hand: Iceman's Sharpied fuchsia

Blaster Hand: Invisible Woman's foot, trimmed around the edges, glued to her forearm - Sharpied fuchsia

Decepticon Logo: Homemade Sticker

HOT ROD:

Helmet: Dark Phoenix Cyclops' visor cut out, piece of Magneto's helmet attatched

Spoiler: DVD case plastic

Autobot Logo: Homemade Sticker

SCOURGE:

Boat Tail: Lego parts inserted into Minimate head hole

Boat Wings: DVD case plastic

Decepticon Logo: Homemade Sticker

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. He's supposed to have a Fu Man Chu-style 'stache & goatee, but apart from the blue "chin dimple" I gave him, I wouldn't know how to show that without a separate piece!

Mini_Myte's not the only one to use a BSG hairpiece to fix another 'Mate...

Thanks to Apollo, Chris Redfield has a better hairpiece, closer to the video game. Plus, I tinkered with Photoshop a bit to add some flare to the otherwise drab picture.

Enjoy!!

EDIT: ...and business is good.

If you know what that's from, you'll know where to see the pic. If not, HINT: It's a Video Game. Update in ITALICS in the first post.

Thanks, Luke. Long time, no talk! Hope you liked the comment I left on your Myspace page! :lol:

I recently bought the NECA figure of him, and couldn't stand not having a Minimate of "Tobias Reaper." Not to mention how flipping easy it was, considering I had already made the silenced pistols (just had to add the silver).