UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Justice League International Cartoon

Nestlé

I was thinking the other day about how much I loved JLU and that Bruce Timm should do another cartoon.

Don't get me wrong, his new movies are great, and I love Brave & the Bold, but nothing compares to his run on the Justice League Cartoon.

Then I though, wouldn't it be awesome if he did JLI instead?

That would give him the following characters:

Blue Beetle

Booster Gold

Fire

Ice

Guy Gardner (Green Lantern)

Batman

Martian Manhunter

Mister Miracle

Big Barda

Maxwell Lord

Rocket Red

Power Girl

Doctor Fate

Dr Light II

Captain Marvel (Shazam)

Black Canary

Elongated Man

Captain Atom

I know most of these characters have appeared in Brave and the Bold, but most are just cameos. I don`t know if they could get Batman because of B&tB but MArtian Manhunter could be used in his spot as the serious character.

Then we could have all their redicoulous stories like Booster selling the Justice League to open a resort or Mister Miracle being kidnapped and forced on tour by Manga Khan into doing an intergalactic entertainment show.

Essentially these are the best characters from all the recent cartoons anyways, but now they`d have a show to call their own.

I love JLI, but more important than Timm would be the writing of Giffen and Dematteis, methinks. I think many of the Brave and the Bold stuff I've seen (some written by DeMatteis) are actually in the vein of JLI, particularly the G'Nort/Guy Gardner episode. Similarly, the episode of JLU focused on Booster.

I would love a JLI cartoon, but I don't think I would want it in a Timm or Brave and Bold style. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy that art style, but for a superhero comedy show, I think I would prefer some kind of eighties retro-style stuff.

I'd like to move on to a new type of JL cartoon. I like this idea.. I think it is important for the medium to change creative hands every decade or so..

As much as I like Timm's world, I think it is a shame that so many young kids think that is cannon Justice League/DC history. The Batman was a very fun take on the DC world especially the final season when a small Justice League was assembled. Brave & Bold has been a successful experiment in bringing a classic feel to a modern super hero cartoon.. I'd like them to keep going and keep trying new "looks" and new "takes" on DCU characters. JLI would be interesting but even more than that I would like to see a modern remake of the Super Friends (after B&B runs its course) or a Green Lantern Universe based cartoon. Just my two cents

^^Yeah, I'll echo what you've said Vox. While I can't really get into Brave & the Bold, I did like The Batman take on the JLA and wouldn't mind seeing something like that in the future. I basically been a fan of Timm's since he and Dini brought BTAS to the small screen, but I agree, things need to have a natural progression or they get stagnant. Plus, Timm doesn't seem interested and without him, I don't see it being as well played out. They left on a high note, better to leave it there and move on. OK, starting to repeat myself, brain tired, must hit enter :pinch:

While I didn't think I would like BtBatB at first it has really grown on me.

I'm excited that cartoons are teaching my kids about characters they wouldn't normally hear of (kamandi & Crazy Quilt for example). The second season is especially good. Try giving it a second look Donster, trust me. ;)

I just wish the characters got more face time, which is why I think JLI would be awesome.

Hey, no one's perfect groundhog. Plus, G'Nort was a late addition, joining the Justice League Antartica.

I also skipped Metamorpho & Wonder Woman, who were part of JLE (Europre) but I don't think WW really counts.

Well I can tell you Brave and Bold speaks well to it's target audience: my kids love it. And the G'Nort episode is one of their favorites. As was the Booster episode. I'm not sure how much I'm enjoying it, but it's certainly more watchable than say Dinosaur King, or whatever other card-game-turned-cartoon that's being hustled this week. (Although I will admit I laughed my tail off at the Bat-Mite episode) I think the B&B style would better fit the feel of the JLI than Timm / Dini / JLU style, but YMMV. The JLI was hit and miss with me. It was fun at first, but the joke wore thin with time.

I'd like a JLI cartoon so long as they kept a fine balance between humor and seriousness. Sort of like the Booster Gold comic series. I'd love to see most of these characters with J'onn, and/or Batman having to deal with the different personalities.

• 4 months later...

I got into comics when JL # 1 was released and I loved the JLI ever since. The one thing I thought was unfortunate was that Blue Beetle was not in the JLU cartoon along with Booster Gold. Because they've done figures for Captain Atom, Rocket Red, Fire and Ice and Booster Gold and Mr. Miracle but they never did a figure for Blue Beetle and Guy Gardner.

That was one of the unfortunate things for the DC minimates being put on indefinite hold cause Captain Atom and a lot of the others were never made but they were able to do Batman, BB, Booster, Guy Gardner but so many holes to fill.