UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

¡¡Viva El Dia Del Padre!!

As we all know Fathers Day is this Sunday and is probably a big deal to most of us in the Multiverse, and I thought it would be nice to wish all of the fathers on the Multiverse a happy Fathers Day! What're are you going to do for your father this Sunday or what plans do your wives or children have for you? I got my dad a Bob Dylan compilation CD, the movie "Lawrence of Arabia" and since Coca Cola is his favorite beverage I got him a Coca Cola drinking glass. And once again I would like to wish all the fathers' a happy Fathers Day!

Bei uns gibt es am Sonntag nicht so etwas wie einen offiziellen Vatertag!, Or for non German speakers "There is no such thing as an official fathers day in Germany on Sunday.

There is an inofficial "Vatertag" in Germany celebrated on Christian "Ascension Day" - I don't know why - and it's pretty weired: where it's celebrated, men - young and old, no girls allowed - meet and go "hiking" (hiking is still a pretty popular cultural phenomenon in Germany) with a lot of alcohol(!) - mostly a beer barrel(!!) - carried in a "Bollerwagen"(!!!), something like a pushcart. This is sooo awkward... :huh:

I guess this is one of the weirdest traditions in Germany. If you check a goolge search for the words "Vatertag" and "Bollerwagen" you receive this! :blink:

However, for those who celebrate it: happy fathers day!

I wish I was German :P Vatertag seems like a great day Bob! I Goolged 'Vatertag' & this picture caught my eye post-638-1245494000_thumb.jpg.....priceless :lol:

entertheninja ....stunning choice of movie for your dad....all time favourite of mine & a movie that explains the Middle East's mistrust for the 'West' .....even to this very day!

Finally .....I get many cards on Father's Day but always return them with the polite reply "not known at this address" :rolleyes:

I was afraid to hear that. It ain't fun to see those folks. Believe me. But on the other hand, you might indeed enjoy it... :blush:

Anyway:

I wish I was German :P

Qft.

You know that this can and will be used against you sooner or later. :P

Edited by Bob Harris

I wish I was German :P Vatertag seems like a great day Bob! I Goolged 'Vatertag' & this picture caught my eye post-638-1245494000_thumb.jpg.....priceless :lol:

entertheninja ....stunning choice of movie for your dad....all time favourite of mine & a movie that explains the Middle East's mistrust for the 'West' .....even to this very day!

Finally .....I get many cards on Father's Day but always return them with the polite reply "not known at this address" :rolleyes:

Thanks BHM it was between "Lawrence of Arabia" or "The Fifth Element" both of which I like but I made the wiser choice in the end...=) Vatertag sounds like an interesting day(holiday?) for Germans...I must try it!

My father and I haven't really spoken to each other in a bit over a year not to mention that I have not seen him in going on three years so I don't think that we will be exchanging gifts. On the brighter side my oldest daughter (with a lot of help from the wife) made me some Pineapple and White Chocolate Chip Cookies for Father's Day.

Happy Father's Day to all of the fathers here! For those of you who don't know, I have two boys now, one almost 3 years old and the other 4 months old. My older son already loves minimates, so I am sure the addiction will spread. :)

Edited by luke314pi