UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wizard World Philadelphia highlights

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the Red Dress Six Giveaway this same one from SDCC last year? Or was new WWPhilly specific packaging?

It's the same one. Chuck mentioned that there would be new blanks given away at the booth, but I couldn't track him or the booth down all day >.<.

A new blank just for WW philly??? I wonder if it was just the solid white AA/DST Blanks --- I thought DST wasnt going to have a booth in philly this year!

*earth-shattering high-pitched screaming from across the Pacific*

THANK YOU DST!!!! :banana: A Black Bolt Minimate! Oh my, I think I could cry...

So that's woke me from my nap. heh

Congrats, NorthRaider; your post made me laugh. Your happiness is my happiness (mostly because you forced it on us all ;) ).

and me spending about 80$ on minimates (doh).

Where? I combed that entire place and I didnt see any Minimates at all.

A to Z toys at booth 1032 had a pretty big selection. I picked up scarlet witch/quicksilver for 8 bucks and 8 of the terminator singles (including gen. john connor) for 5$ a piece. They also had about 3-4 waves of DC, the last 4 waves of marvel (excluding variants and wave 25), bsg singles, silence of the lambs, rocky box and 2 packs, and the spirit mates.

That was a great list of news! Black Bolt will be awesome! Playsets will be rad since I love displaying all of my minimates.

On a selfish side note, I was relieved that the minimates they gave away at the panel weren't something new that I would have to track down somehow later.

Minimates in Wal Mart perhaps? I hope it is wal mart as those could open up a new minimate venue (and an easy one to get to from my house.)

Ha, try having one NEXT TO your freakin TRU. And i don't mean a mile away, i mean next to. Like, feet. And this'll suck. Great marketing?? Very. Even more costly because they'll want their own exclusives. VERY.

Wonderful. <_<

This is good for those of us who don't live near TRU but near a Wal-Mart, and you're pretty much guaranteed to have a Wal-Mart in every city like every corner in Seattle has a Starbucks.

and me spending about 80$ on minimates (doh).

Where? I combed that entire place and I didnt see any Minimates at all.

A to Z toys at booth 1032 had a pretty big selection. I picked up scarlet witch/quicksilver for 8 bucks and 8 of the terminator singles (including gen. john connor) for 5$ a piece. They also had about 3-4 waves of DC, the last 4 waves of marvel (excluding variants and wave 25), bsg singles, silence of the lambs, rocky box and 2 packs, and the spirit mates.

I was at A to Z but I didn't notice the mates. No wave 25 though? I don't feel so bad now.

-New two pack announced! Black bolt and a male captain marvel

*earth-shattering high-pitched screaming from across the Pacific*

THANK YOU DST!!!! :banana: A Black Bolt Minimate! Oh my, I think I could cry...

BLACK BOLT MINIMATE! *faints*

Actually I think I heard that... :P

-Amazon ghosts are sitting in boxes in the U.S and they WILL be available in the future. Chuck explained a few retailers interested, one of particular mention being Walmart

Alright! If DST has their foot in the door this could be a huge boost. I may be able to talk to the WM buyer to get an enthusiastic internal vote in. ;)

Great, now I need to change my pants. :blink:

So that's woke me from my nap. heh

Congrats, NorthRaider; your post made me laugh. Your happiness is my happiness (mostly because you forced it on us all ;) ).

Actually I think I heard that... :P

:lol:

I appreciate the moral support guys (:rolleyes:) No kidding, I really did scream like a girl when I read the announcement. Which is perfectly acceptable for me since I, well, am a girl. :P

Although I'm pretty sure the last laugh will be on us all when Mystery Man finally gets his Kang or Two-Face his Jim Lee Cyclops/Jean Grey two-pack, by which point the whole Multiverse will collapse on itself.

I dream of the day when no one on the board is pulling for a certain Marvel Minimate to be made because they've all been done. And the way things are going, that might be within a year or so.

I dont see my Howard the Duck or Rocket Raccoon coming anytime soon :(

I havent't followed that thread and so I totally missed the Black Bolt news; which are great news!!!

NorthRaider, your prophecies and all that, well; I once asked you about super predicting or wishing powers and, well, I think you do have them. Would you might give something a try? Just for fun? Change your (former) avatar title from "Make Black Bolt, dammit!!!!" to "Make Stan Lee, dammit!" and we'll wait and see what happens in few month. :ohmy:

I'll do you one better. :lol:

I didn't even ask for someone we really need (like more Jim Lee X-Men). Heck, I didn't even ask for Banshee, who theoretically should be more widely-known... that's right, I chose his daughter.

Yup, I'm going to try pushing my luck with someone DST may only have marginal regard for... Who knows? Maybe next week it will be Echo, the week after that Gladiator (the Shi'ar Imperial Guard one), the week after that Songbird, the week after that the Young Avengers... :P

Ha ha, but seriously I'd actually like to see an official Echo Minimate one day... might never happen though, I'll just contend with waiting for DST to come out with Mockingbird or Phyla-Vell or something... ;)

This is great news, of course. I'm hoping this will be a "previews exclusive 2-pack" instead of a TRU exclusive, but whatever the case, I couldn't ask for much more than two more great silver age characters getting Minimatized.

Also excited to see the Minimate version of the Secret Wars #1, though if Molecule Man or Beyonder made the final cut, I wonder how they would fit them into the picture. . .

Edited by karamazov80

Well... I am pulling for Squirrel Girl. Really. Might take a while before we see her.

Cappy I totally second that vote for Squirrel Girl! While we're talking dream minimates...I'd love a frog man!

- Paul

I don't think there'll ever come a time when we'll stop hoping and wishing for new characters.

I know that I'll always be hoping for a Crime Master minimate. Old original Spidey villain. Ditko/Lee stuff. Good stuff.

Hell yes for Crime Master! While we're at it how about the Big Man and his Enforcers!

- Paul

Cool news! And I'll bet that Captain Marvel will re-use that Adam Warlock hair from the Infinity Gauntlet set.

-A minimate playset! It will be made out of a thick cardboard stock, similar to boardgames. It will be compatible with minimates or 3 3/4 inch figs. It looked really, really cool.

Also cool news. I remember seeing something like that in the Toy Fair pictures this year, and wondering what it was. Guess we now know....

Well... I am pulling for Squirrel Girl. Really. Might take a while before we see her.

Cappy I totally second that vote for Squirrel Girl! While we're talking dream minimates...I'd love a frog man!

- Paul

I don't think there'll ever come a time when we'll stop hoping and wishing for new characters.

I know that I'll always be hoping for a Crime Master minimate. Old original Spidey villain. Ditko/Lee stuff. Good stuff.

Hell yes for Crime Master! While we're at it how about the Big Man and his Enforcers!

- Paul

Sure thing! And the Big Man'll have a removable mask with Fredrick Foswell's face underneath!

Plus the Crime Master'll come in a two-pack with Foswell in his "Patch" persona from that story.

And then a Circus of Crime boxed set!

Also, you know what'd look really great with that lab cardboard minimate playset? A MODOK! :D

Edited by Mystery Man

- Paul

- Paul

Sure thing! And the Big Man'll have a removable mask with Fredrick Foswell's face underneath!

Plus the Crime Master'll come in a two-pack with Foswell in his "Patch" persona from that story.

And then a Circus of Crime boxed set!

Also, you know what'd look really great with that lab cardboard minimate playset? A MODOK! :D

Ahhhh! The Ringmaster and his Circus Of Crime! I want these! Princess Python...The Clown..etc. DST make it happen! I have no idea how to make a mini Modok...but I want one..and seriously..it's time for Kang.

- Paul