UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The rant to bear arms

Yes, haha, you got the word play. Very nice. Here's your cookie, now go sit.

I have a little rant, if you would not mind bearing with me. Waaaaaaaaay lone ago, back in wave 9, the first guns and weapons showed up. Punisher, and later Bishop and Cable had their weapons. They had assault rifles, pistols and knives. These lasted well until wave 13 with Nick Fury. By that time 24 was coming, and the weapons got smaller. Deadpool got toothpicks instead of swords, Assault Punisher had guns that weren't as long as his arms.

My question is WHY? I can come up with a few reasons. 1) Weapons are smaller to reflect the super-deformed nature of minimates 2) DST thinks gun control is a touchy subject.

The first option would be a reasonable answer, even if it is stupid. The second option reflects DST's same old view that these are toys, when clearly they are now. How many mate have we had that smoked? Or drank?

Either way I'm disgusted. Guns are large, yet they keep on shrinking. The Platoon weapons were good, but after playing with Arnie's shotgun, I want to cry.

Thoughts? Comments? Ban threats from Timbo? :P

I'm actually quite happy w/ the current arsenal that is coming with the current waves of mates and they seem to do a good job of reflecting the scale.

A couple possible causes for the change:

1. Bulky, over-size weapons may be perceived as a little too juvenile or Fisher-Price-y as they suggest a not-for-children-under-3 mentality.

2. Minimates are now far more confident in their masculinity and therefore don't need to over-compensate with large weapons.

The first option would be a reasonable answer, even if it is stupid. The second option reflects DST's same old view that these are toys, when clearly they are now. How many mate have we had that smoked? Or drank?

Mates that smoked: Clobberin' Time Thing, and many of the Clint Eastwood off the top of my head.

Drinkers: That BSG guy with the booze. That's about all I can think of.

That chain gun makes me happy. You know, down there. The shotgun and the phased plasma rifle in he 40 megawatt range make me want to cry.

I just don't understand why everything's been so small lately? I mean, what was up with deadpool's swords?

Mates that smoked: Clobberin' Time Thing, and many of the Clint Eastwood off the top of my head.

You missed Kingpin, Starbuck and "Desperately Seeking" Susan.

As for drinkers, yeah Tigh's the only one that comes with actual booze (the liquor bottle and the flask), not unless you count whatever Doom and Loki are drinking in their goblets as booze. And then you got all the onetime alcoholics who should've come with booze: Demon in a bottle Tony, pre-Question Renee Montoya...

And personally, I'm a fan of the War Machine shoulder cannons and whatever you call that big thing the AIM guys carry.

Pay him no mind he is from Texas. In Texas the is no such thing as a gun being too big. TM2 is this more of what you had in mind?

pungun002.jpg

That pic made my day.

And NR, oops. Yeah, I dropped the ball on Kingpin. The others I never bought. Not my lines.

You missed Kingpin, Starbuck and "Desperately Seeking" Susan.

As for drinkers, yeah Tigh's the only one that comes with actual booze (the liquor bottle and the flask), not unless you count whatever Doom and Loki are drinking in their goblets as booze. And then you got all the onetime alcoholics who should've come with booze: Demon in a bottle Tony, pre-Question Renee Montoya...

And personally, I'm a fan of the War Machine shoulder cannons and whatever you call that big thing the AIM guys carry.

There's also the Galactica's Top Gun cup that has booze :D

Pay him no mind he is from Texas. In Texas the is no such thing as a gun being too big. TM2 is this more of what you had in mind?

Having grown up in Louisiana with Bourbon St and drive-thru Daquiri shops it takes a bit to impress me, but I had to hang a u-turn when I saw this scene.

Only in Texas ;) :

doubleshot.jpg

Excuse the camera phone pic, but please read all the signs closely. :D

Having grown up in Louisiana with Bourbon St and drive-thru Daquiri shops it takes a bit to impress me, but I had to hang a u-turn when I saw this scene.

Only in Texas ;) :

doubleshot.jpg

Excuse the camera phone pic, but please read all the signs closely. :D

I am willing to bet the insurance required to run that place is insane.

I am willing to bet the insurance required to run that place is insane.

You aren't very familiar with Texas, are you? ;)

If someone gets shot, and it goes to court, the shoot-ee has to prove that he didn't deserve it. If he can't, they finish the job by giving him "the chair."

I like that the store exists in a "school zone." :lol:

Edited by karamazov80

Yeah yeah, laugh it up, you Yankees. The South Will Rise Again!!!

Actually, that wasn't what this was about. The idea of using Joe weapons works well in most cases Karama, but what about the stuff that's too big for MM bodies? bazookas and stuff?

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Yeah yeah, laugh it up, you Yankees. The South Will Rise Again!!!

Actually, that wasn't what this was about. The idea of using Joe weapons works well in most cases Karama, but what about the stuff that's too big for MM bodies? bazookas and stuff?

Yankees? I live in South Georgia. If you feel that your Minimates really need a bazooka I would suggest that you look here until a more suitable accessory is made. That being said I have always been for blanket accessory packs for minimates.

Edited by minimadman