UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Meta-Multiverse: Greatest Hits

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean Star Wars?

No, I guess you mix something up here. ;) "Star Wars" is that series with that huge portal ring thingy where people from earth are transported to other places somewhere, while others come to earth and so on and on until they fight - which is the reason it's called Star Wars. I was talking about "Star Trek", you should recognize that huge black Borg guy (forgot his name) on the left side of the pic holding the red "light phaser".

You mean Star Wars?

No, I guess you mix something up here. ;) "Star Wars" is that series with that huge portal ring thingy where people from earth are transported to other places somewhere, while others come to earth and so on and on until they fight - which is the reason it's called Star Wars. I was talking about "Star Trek", you should recognize that huge black Borg guy (forgot his name) on the left side of the pic holding the red "light phaser".

No no no NO!!! The one with the portal-ring thingy is Stargate, the one where people get transported to other places is Sliders, and the one where others fight while coming to earth is Battlestar Galactica. Star Wars is the one where the two star systems wage war against one another and declare some bald black guy their Messiah while Worf gets beaten around. Also, that "huge black Borg guy" is none other than that terrorist from V For Vendetta, that "red phaser" is the new version of his classic sonic screwdriver.

'

:P

No no no NO!!! The one with the portal-ring thingy is Stargate, the one where people get transported to other places is Sliders, and the one where others fight while coming to earth is Battlestar Galactica. Star Wars is the one where the two star systems wage war against one another and declare some bald black guy their Messiah while Worf gets beaten around. Also, that "huge black Borg guy" is none other than that terrorist from V For Vendetta, that "red phaser" is the new version of his classic sonic screwdriver.

'

Now you're getting things right. Although I think that bold "bald black guy" people declare to be their Messiah actually is Buck Rogers from "Buck Rogers in the Messiah Complex" where he finally fights the evil Twinki. You should re-check that one again.

I love how well things go when someone tries to get things back on topic.

Yeah maybe I should ust lock this thread down as it's been half a dozen posts since someone even tried to get it back on track and over a dozen since it actually was?

T.

Lock the thread already? :(

To be fair you'll never know when a new "gem" (:rolleyes:) would ever pop up again on the boards... I say we keep the thread for our own personal amusement but maybe rename it to be something like a general "museum" of So Bad It's Good moments?

And to keep this post barely on-topic (wait a minute... didn't I start this thread?! :blink:):

Goodnight Jerkface

Long before the days of Hawkeye/Deadpool/Gambit/Red Skull/Kang Minimates...

I remember there was also this great old thread (by Lurch, I think) which contained an actual Minimate parody of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" :woot: Sadly, it appears that thread has disappeared :(

Threads like this perhaps do bore the pants of you ol' timers from the good ol' days but I,for one, enjoy reading NorthRaider's 'diggings' . If you're going to close any threads down on the basis of 'watching paint dry' & 'off topic' cast your beady eyes onto that 'Secret Wars Box Set' classic..... you're in charge do what's best for us :biggrin:

Perhaps we should start a thread titled 'Off-topic' for all off-topic stuff to be posted.

Of course, if we posted off-topic stuff there, it would technically become on-topic stuff (kind of like a double-negative) and that would defy the point of the thread. That would create a huge board paradox and then a giant black-hole like vortex would suck all threads into it and the board would disappear.

Edited by groundhog7s

Lock the thread already? :(

To be fair you'll never know when a new "gem" (:rolleyes:) would ever pop up again on the boards... I say we keep the thread for our own personal amusement but maybe rename it to be something like a general "museum" of So Bad It's Good moments?

Threads like this perhaps do bore the pants of you ol' timers from the good ol' days but I,for one, enjoy reading NorthRaider's 'diggings' . If you're going to close any threads down on the basis of 'watching paint dry' & 'off topic' cast your beady eyes onto that 'Secret Wars Box Set' classic..... you're in charge do what's best for us :biggrin:

I actually said that comment about closing the thread as a joke...

The thread topic is fine and far from boring us old timers, it's fun to revisit amusing old threads.

I have no problems with a thread that is going where it is supposed to be going.

I do have an issue with the number of posts that are completely off topic and random in here ( Also a growing trend in other threads on the board in general) which makes following the actual topic damn near impossible without wading through pages of "irrelevent nonsense". It's also the root of the issue where we get an evergrowing number of duplicate threads because people lose track of what the thread is about and just start a new one out of frustration.

Staff have been lenient with going off topic because it's not been an issue in the past and things usually put themselves back on course after 2-3 posts, sadly off topic posting is growning rapidly and I will often forget what a topic is as I wade through a large number of off topic shinanigans.

I know we all take things slighty off topic occcasionally and thats fine, but for some it's become the norm to do it, either because they don't understand message forum ettiquette or it seems are just far too keen to hear their own voices for the sake of hearing their own voices.

If you are making a post and it doesn't contribute to the original topic the thread was created to discuss then please consider carefully does it belong in that thread?

If anyone has any questions about the above please feel free to PM me for clarification, discussion or a good old fashioned ear bashing!!

T.

TBT,as there are less than a dozen contributors to this thread I perhaps am taking your comments too personally & as I've said many times the Moderation team is here to enforce the guidelines . Regarding listening to one's own voice..................

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say Rob, care to clarify either here or by PM?

T.

• 2 weeks later...

As things seem to be going a bit slow around here, I thought I'd just dump some of the funnier MMMV one-liners I've collected for a while:

"Always questions never answers."

"Welcome to Marvel Comics"

"Hoof feet! Fail!"

"It's like ignoring the zit on your face only to wake up and discover it ate your cat."

"The variant is obviously Batman."

"maybe by minority they mean dead."

"Oh my sweet lord! A nose!"

Bonus points if anybody can name who posted these or what thread these appeared in (Hint: a couple of them are from the same topic, though not necessarily the same thread.)

P.S. The "secret origin" of BHM's name

Edited by NorthRaider

• 2 months later...

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=6139

ok maybe not the funiest thread but one of my first and it still makes me laugh............ :blush:

northraider can i have my cookie now!

edit:i never did get my cheese.....

Edited by Monkey Lord 5000

cookie-crumbs.jpg

*buuuuuuuuuuuurp* sorry :sweat:

Tell you what, I'll give you this one instead:

Cookie-crumbs_0886.jpg

AAAAAAAAAIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!! A walking cookie with a broom! And sprinkles! :ohmy:

EDIT: Oops, almost forgot the cheese:

30cheese600.1.jpg

cookie-crumbs.jpg

*buuuuuuuuuuuurp* sorry :sweat:

Tell you what, I'll give you this one instead:

Cookie-crumbs_0886.jpg

AAAAAAAAAIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!! A walking cookie with a broom! And sprinkles! :ohmy:

EDIT: Oops, almost forgot the cheese:

30cheese600.1.jpg

who cut the cheese i thought only BHM was aloud to do that!

edit:

i want a cheese hat, and there is something creepy about the girl in the back , i cant telli f she found a good hat or.......well something else

Edited by Monkey Lord 5000

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=6139

ok maybe not the funiest thread but one of my first and it still makes me laugh............ :blush:

So your favourite thread is one where you piss off a mod and then get it locked within half a dozen posts?

does anyone remember this oldie , but goodie?

"who the @#$k is Eagle?!"

Ahhhh The good old days.... How is eagle these days?

T.