UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Decided to try my hand at customizing

I randomly got the inspiration today to try my hand at a custom minimate. I'll be the first to admit that it's a tad amateur, but this is my first ever custom and it's of me, so be gentle. ;)

post-3053-1243908287_thumb.jpg

Edited by Osama_Ben_Lander

lol, thanks. The screen name is a nickname of mine from high school. And no, I don't really wear a pouch belt. (I would if I had one.) I do, however, wear studded belts a lot so that's where the idea came from.

Here's a few quick Designs I came up with...

The first is Hiei from the show Yu Yu Hakusho. (I used to love that show). The second is just a random ninja-type minimate, that I thought looked kinda neat.

post-3053-1243980473_thumb.jpg

post-3053-1243980485_thumb.jpg

Edited by Osama_Ben_Lander

Those designs are coming out real nice; take it from a wannabe comic-artist. One tidbit though: i love the detailing you use, but the eyes are extremely close to each other. I'd space them out a bit to look a tad more human.

And Yu Yu was such a great show, until it got too repetitive; it's also kinda sad that the anime ended a LONG time ago and the US is still finishing the manga...ouch.

Not bad at all... it just occurred to me that the three other main characters from that show (or at least their "uniformed" versions) can be easily customized using the Jigsaw/Wonder Man jacket pieces and some closely-matched hairpieces and stuff. And your ninja custom reminds of those awesome ninja-goon minimates we would've gotten had the C3 Batman Begins line actually come into fruition... :(

Thanks for the tip. :) And yeah, I know what you mean. Yet another thing the US is behind Japan in...lol.

... it just occurred to me that the three other main characters from that show (or at least their "uniformed" versions) can be easily customized using the Jigsaw/Wonder Man jacket pieces and some closely-matched hairpieces and stuff...

That would be awesome! :)

• 1 month later...