UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Regarding the AA Site...

Woo I no longer have an account there! I've joined Jules in her deletion!

(well its inactive until one of their staff finally deletes me... if they ever do)

I just came out of a 3 hour written exam and my finger hurts like hell, so I was going to postpone any internet activity until tomorrow, but I couldn't resist chiming in here! :biggrin:

My AA account has still not been deleted either. "Mrs Shinzon" lives apparently...although pretty inactive! :confused:

But seeing this thread, I checked out the latest poo-fest over there with great amusement, and sensed several other Cheshire Cat grins hovering over the graveyard! :tongue:

Whoever "The Truth" is has some good points to make, and is frankly much less of a troll than the obnoxious guy that finally convinced me that I didn't want to be there any more. I've got no idea who 'The Truth' is, but the manner does seem familiar! I see the "Making Amends" thread has been revived, and I can't believe that running sore hasn't been resolved in spite of all their promises. What a farce!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, a lot has happened since I've been gone. I'm still trying to catch up on all my post reading. Question: Neo posted this over at the AA forum on December 23, did I miss this early January contest? What was it? Does anyone know? I don't read the Trek section so maybe they had a contest? Or was it the Cylon Elfs? Man, I want to get my hands on one of those guys. Just curious if anyone knows.

-------------------------------------------------------------

All of us at Art Asylum want to wish you a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Festivus and Happy Holidays (hopefully that covers all the bases.) Have a safe and wonderful New Years!

I personally would like to thank all the board members for making things so interesting. Art Asylum has alot in store for 2007 which will be announced soon (around ToyFair 2007) so if the Asylum Lockdowns cooled for a bit, hang in there. I'll finally have the new forum contest ready in early January so stay tuned for that. Keep posting, love your toy brother & sister and see you in the toy aisles!

- Neo

-------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, a lot has happened since I've been gone. I'm still trying to catch up on all my post reading. Question: Neo posted this over at the AA forum on December 23, did I miss this early January contest? What was it? Does anyone know? I don't read the Trek section so maybe they had a contest? Or was it the Cylon Elfs? Man, I want to get my hands on one of those guys. Just curious if anyone knows.

No contest, not in trek, and we had a cylon elves contest not them.

Unsuprisingly, nothing occured

:D

Hehe

Its trekapalooza over their now, while Trek Fans are all well and good they always seem to attract the bad examples of fandom too.... I love the way that most of the discussion over there is about other Trek products not AAs either, always makes me chuckle.

Looking at "TheTruths" latest post it seems someone Pm'd him something.... Truthy, if you read this what did they say?

What I find almost as pathetic as the site itself, is the few cronies who ignore the points and TRUTH that "The Truth" posts about and calls him/her a troll and threatens him/her about the content of future posts. AA doesn't have time to stop in and answer questions? The why the F do they even have the official company forums? The moderators are absentee lackies and always have been. YES, YOU BRANDON. I think you cared at some point, but its time to give it up.

Its horribly depressing over there and I can't imagine what the site is still doing in cyberspace.

Has anyone of an official capacity answered ANY of the relevant questions posed by any of the members in the last several weeks?

AA, I love your work, but as a fan I say that you should stay out of the open forum game. Just close it down and get back to designing cool toys.

^^You know Shanester, it's funny you say that. When I was down and talking to Donna and Adam at SDCC, I pretty much told them the same thing. I told them to leave the forum down, between Ady and FHC's site, they had the fans covered. Just make toys and have fun doing it and don't worry about a forum, it's not worth all the headaches. It's also funny you mention Brandon, I've signed onto MSN IM several times and he hasn't bothered to contact me or say BOO!! As far as the Trek fans, your observations are correct to some degree. While there are more negativity than I remember, there are still some good folks, same as the Minimate fans. The funny thing is, we haven't had much of that negativity poor into our forum, thankfully. I'm definately not on our forum as much as I was when I moderated over at AA's forum, that's for sure.

Not sure about you or Jules now, but my account has been deleted per my request. Definately funny what TheTruth said in their last post, I wonder who this is? Definately someone who knows the score for some reason or has just paid attention to the forum through the year. As others have said, I think it's unfortunate for that person to be called a troll, simple because their looking for some of the same answers we were when we were members and staff. Face facts gang, even if someone from AA was standing in front of you/us, you would never hear the real reason we were dropped from the staff and where your compensation is. It would be the blame game, if anything and that just doesn't fly with me. Which is why I've moved on, as Ady pointed out a looong time ago, that forum is a poor, pale reflection of it's former self.

^^^Even though you'd have to go back four pages in 'Star Trek' to find my last post, I just checked and my account has still not been deleted. :rolleyes:

I quit the AA forum because of the moronic behaviour of one particular poster ~ that person seemed to typify what the place had become. You could no longer have a reasonable debate there. I'm just wondering how much longer it will be before the rest of the AA members who post here and on Mark's site finally quit AA in exasperation. I don't reckon it'll be long.

Jules, you might try signing in, that's basically what I did. While we might be on the roster, I couldn't sign in. Which is how I checked to see if my account was handled the way I wanted.

^^^That's pretty much what I did on the date it says I was last active at AA. In fact, I put my account up for deletion in mid December, but could still sign in on the 28th. All it said was that my account was marked for deletion, but I could reactivate it easily. That is still the case today ~ I just checked!

• 2 weeks later...

You've gotta love it Jules :rolleyes: For the former forum leaders who hang their hats here, I'm getting ready to send off a e-mail with everyone's address and e-mail information ;) I hope this is ok, and it's not like we're going to ever get a reply. But I think it's at the point of ridiculousness. Neither Gardi or anyone else should be needing to run him down, he should have everyone's information at this point. Now I'm kind of good and pissed on this situation. Since I don't think anyone was out of line except the one guy who's still has a job there <_< Anyway, I will CC everyone the information I send Brandon's way. Hopefully I can go back to sleep(it's still early here on the West Coast) once I'm done here. For those who felt I was a dickhead over there, sorry, I hope we can rebuild that bridge someday :) But on the brightside, you could always get ahold of me and anyone else immediately when we were forum leaders there ^_^

What the hell can Brandon do?

Seriously. His record on follow-through speaks for itself.

Besides, my issue is with Art Asylum. I finally got a coerced public "thank you" after being unceremoniously dumped as one of their volunteers but have gotten none of the "swag" I was promised. It was ADAM, not Brandon, who posted "So to the 5 Mods, THANK YOU, we're working on your special thank you gift as Brandon has provided us with each of your current AA afflictions so we'll try to deliver on that as best as we can." That was on November 6, 2006. I've since registered on the forum so I could be contacted via PM but have gotten nothing. And now Brandon is expecting us to take the next step?

As far as I'm concerned, Brandon should have quit a long time ago at the first sign he was making promises AA couldn't keep. All he's been doing is enabling AA to maintain a status quo of "exclusive" information via a message board few care exists. He's obviously just done with this situation and wants it over with.

I can't help thinking AA wanted to start from scratch with no volunteer mods and only the occasional dialogue between themselves and their consumers, not unlike the way it was when they first introduced the forum. There was a LOT more interaction back then but things change. AA's got a lot more on their plate and they seem to be doing more third-party design than ever before. Still, they shouldn't have someone like Brandon dangling carrots on the forum only to disappoint members in the long run.

Bottom line: Unless Brandon's sitting on a stockpile of BSG Minimates he's ready to ship out to me, I really don't see what he personally can do to settle the score.

MPL definately brought a few points, which is why I've decided to delay sending the e-mail for the moment. Hopefully Brandon will do the right thing and pass on the information AA should already have. Although some of our interests have changed since we initially joined the forum back in the day. So if they(AA/Forum Staff) truly want to move forward, they need to address and remedy these issues and stop praying their going to eventually go away :rolleyes:

I don't think he has any BSG mates PL. Apparently he is sitting on a metric ton of blanks though:

AsylumDude

Crazy Trek/Minimate Dude

Global Moderator

Blah blah blah - exclusive AA related email address - blah blah blah.

And no... I do not have control or access to any of the accounts except only to disable or evict naughty people.

Let me know how this goes.

By the way, I'm planning to draw email addresses out of the pool to win 5 blank minimates!!!!!! That's right! 5!!!!!

Woot woot!

- Brandon

« Last Edit: 02/08/07 06:01 PM by AsylumDude »

I know he sent me a couple last year when I started to point out the issues over there, so obviously he has more than just a few to be throwing around.

Yeah, I'd give up and move on if I were you guys. You're never going to win it'll just carry on spiralling into disingenous statements from the powers that be and namecalling. Hold your heads up high in the knowledge that (for the most part ;)) you all did a great job. We have this place now let's enjoy it.

Definately less drama over here and various other forums YWF :thumbsup: Hell, I was planning on heading back to bed and was only up to let the dogs out a hour ago :lol: The more I think about it, the more I think we should just let sleeping dogs lie. I mean, what's the point. Everytime we seem to heal up, someone comes along and rips off the band aid and we start all over again :confused: I think this took up enough of our time in the past and honestly, I'm not sure if I'm as concerned about this as I was in the past(1 hour ago :P). I sent Gardi a heads up, nothing will probable happen on the AA end, so what's the point :unsure: We already get most of our Minimate news here and a few other forums. So what's the point of adding the cotton ball full of alcohol to the situation? All we're going to do is get pissed all over again. While I'll agree we all need a outlet to vent, I'm not sure it should be here, but on AA's forum. Who knows, maybe if someone starts noticing a pattern, things will eventually be fixed. If I was Ady though, I might lock down the thread so the old wounds can heal. But it's his forum to do what he pleases and I can respect that more than a forum that didn't have enough courtesy to fire me personally <_<

And so the circle continues, it's funny that some of you folks bring up the AA drama regularly & eventually force some sort of 'well make good post' then it goes quiet... until it happens again... I kinda thought you'd have learnt by now.

I dont post there anymore and maybe swan by to see if there's anything new or something we missed about once a week, I think we're giving this whole thing way too much attention.

My personal feeling is that we should we stop worrying about what AA is doing and throw our efforts into keeping our current home at MMMV great?

T.

Good point TBT, good point. Which is why I suggested Ady just shut this down. Like someone complaining about Wal Mart, eBay or anything else in various other forums I belong to, this thread is counterproductive.

Leave me out of everything

I couldnt care less

See above

If you want to talk about it then talk about it, you're free to do so here, but I cant be arsed to even read anyones comments on the subject. Its dead and burried as far as I care