UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates Re-stocked at Target

Jatta Pake

A simple study:

Check out your local Target store and note the number of Darktide sets and Minimate 2 Packs. The Darktide boxes are gone and the 2 packs have been re-stocked again at my local store.

People are buying Minimates!

Hopefully some new addicts will be joining the forum.

Adam has said that they are working on making the rolling stock mean they can stock ANY Minimates. So we may be seeing a lot of different characters. The cases I'm seeing have a Spider-Man/Wolverine 2 pack, Invisible Woman/Thing 2 pack, Blade/Punisher 2 pack, and Mr. Fantastic/Human Torch 2 pack.

The cases I'm seeing have ... Invisible Woman/Thing 2 pack, ....

Chase Figures? Regular Price?

No chases. I believe Art Asylum has promised not to ever re-release chases. But I assume they could re-release characters from the Giant X-Men set as part of the rolling stock 2 packs. Although I paid a fortune for my set, I strongly support the re-release of those characters. I think new collectors should have a chance to get a Nightcrawler.

The rolling stock would also likely include Street Fighter, Speed Racer, and BSG. As it was explained to me, companies need to establish "shelf space" at Target. Rolling stock would mean that Minimates always have a spot on the Target shelves. When they sell out, more are automatically ordered.

Pretty sweet!

It has been confirmed in the past that some of the figures from the GS X-Men Box Set may be re-released, ALTHOUGH, Thunderbird will never see a re-release. He was a one time deal.

I think that's a resonable policy. Only exception I'd make would be for black costume Spider-Man. I really think they should go ahead and re-release that one. I have one from when MiniMates were first released, but I know there are tons of others that would like it.

I think that's a resonable policy. Only exception I'd make would be for black costume Spider-Man. I really think they should go ahead and re-release that one. I have one from when MiniMates were first released, but I know there are tons of others that would like it.

But all the people who've paid a fortune for it would be really pissed off.

Perhaps a BD Black Spidey, or as Danny suggested a grab line black spidey

I am very happy with the promise of not re-releasing chase figures. It gives collectors something to hunt for. Price goes up with demand, which is typical of anything, but it also makes finding the item at a "reasonable" (or better) price all that more satisfying.

A variant of the black Spidey chase figure is inevitable, but there will never be another regular black suit Spidey released.

I am very happy with the promise of not re-releasing chase figures. It gives collectors something to hunt for. Price goes up with demand, which is typical of anything, but it also makes finding the item at a "reasonable" (or better) price all that more satisfying.

A variant of the black Spidey chase figure is inevitable, but there will never be another regular black suit Spidey released.

I feel the same way Shanester and Ady does. It's pretty clear. DST has said it numerous times that chase figures will not be re-released.

I was at target a couple weeks ago and they had like 6sets of darktide.I was planning on getting a box but if they don't have any :( But hopefully now target will have more minimates. I'll bug my mom to take me to target and hopefully my little friends will be their!

Would love to see a grab-line Black Spidey.

mm-displaybox1.jpg

*note this is a mock-up, not an actual released set*

I'm all for the regular re-releases. It helps out those that missed getting the figures the first go around. IMO the only chase figure that could warrant a re-release is Black Spidey. Why they made that a chase figure to begin with is beyond me :rolleyes: But the best way to go with him now is a variant of the variant (ie Grab-line Black Spidey or something similar) :D

I would not be supprised if we see a Black Spidey variant soon in a future wave (especially with the Spider-Man 3 movie out next year). Perhaps a Target 2-Pack of Grab-Line Black Spidey & Sandman ;)

Well, the only difference between grab-line and regular is that on the grab-line, one of the hands is open and has the web-line molded to it. You would need that other black hand to make a regular version, but even then you would have the C3 feet to deal with. I guess that could be resolved with an early Venom.

I envision a black Spidey that is more removed from the chase version. Maybe a battle damaged.

Thanks for the technicality. Had a little bit of a brain fart. I agree that it is not different enough. I pretty much saw them as identical. Therefore I too envision some version more different.

==========================================================================

Question, isn't Masked Spider-man the only one with a molded web-line?

Personally, I see that as sour grapes. Would you really deny all these people a black Spidey just because you paid more to get one sooner? I understand that this is their policy, and I'm totally cool with it. But if they made an exception for this particular figure, I don't think that would be a bad thing. I really don't think that folks should have to pay huge amounts for this figure.

Of course, I've never really placed much stock in the chase system. I really don't see what's so fun about it for people. I think it's really just an annoyance and a way for scaplers to make some extra cash. It's especially bad for something like the black Spidey. Sure, black Elektra or diamond Emma aren't a big deal, but this was a pretty important variant.

My target does have minimates!

Sets included were

Assualt Punisher/Blade

Susan Richards/Thing

MR.Fantastic/Human Torch

Spider man/Gaijin Wolverine 2

I begged my brother for the assault Punisher/Blade but he was being stuck up and wanted to go home.

Does anyone think they'll use Spider-Man 3 as a reason to re-release the Black Spidey @retailers? A movie tie in set might be a way to generate some sales. They could have a slew of 4 packs alone with some that have already been released. Back on topic, haven't seen any new restock of Minimates lately. Hopefully something new will hit the shelves soon.

But will they acquire the movie license? Apparently there wasn't a whole helluva lot of retailer interest in X3 despite having enormous character potential.

A retailer exclusive boxed set might be worth the price of the property, but only if the retailer was Wal-Mart or Target. Maybe TRU. We're talking big quantities here.