UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Now Wait a Darn Minute!

hellpop

So we all know that somehow Storm has fallen back to the pack when it looked like she was going to be a lock for the Secret Wars box set. Anyway, I was reading Minimate Headquarters when I noticed... something.

Drgnbrn316 posted an update on April 28th with the current standings. Note Storm's vote count:

Which character you would like to see in the Secret Wars Minimates box set?

* Ben Grimm (4%, 55 Votes)

* Beyonder (12%, 148 Votes)

* Beyonder (Energy Form) (6%, 73 Votes)

* Captain Marvel (16%, 205 Votes)

* Captain Marvel (Energy Form) (2%, 24 Votes)

* Dr Doom (10%, 119 Votes)

* Molecule Man (13%, 161 Votes)

* Spider-Woman (9%, 112 Votes)

* Storm (15%, 185 Votes)

* Symbiote Bond Spider-Man (13%, 164 Votes)

Total Voters: 1,246

185 votes, right?

So here's how things stand as of now:

Which character you would like to see in the Secret Wars Minimates box set?

* Ben Grimm (4%, 58 Votes)

* Beyonder (13%, 178 Votes)

* Beyonder (Energy Form) (6%, 78 Votes)

* Captain Marvel (16%, 213 Votes)

* Captain Marvel (Energy Form) (2%, 24 Votes)

* Dr Doom (10%, 140 Votes)

* Molecule Man (13%, 179 Votes)

* Spider-Woman (9%, 115 Votes)

* Storm (13%, 180 Votes)

* Symbiote Bond Spider-Man (14%, 185 Votes)

Total Voters: 1,350

180 votes! And I know for a fact that she was at only 177 earlier today, because I voted for her and pushed her up to 178! So what the heck is going on? How did Storm end up loosing at least eight votes in the 100+ votes that have been made from April 28th-May 1st?

I call shenanigans!

How did Storm end up loosing at least eight votes in the 100+ votes that have been made from April 28th-May 1st?
  • Database glitch
  • Removal of test votes
  • Removal of duplicate votes
  • Inadequate server security precautions
  • Alcohol in the server room
  • Removal of multiple votes made from the same computer lab ;)
  • Militant chinchillas up to no good

"Why does he mix the real-ones with the joke-ones?"

I for one would like to see characters other than Spider-Man in this set. But let's face it... Spidey's gonna make the cut no matter what. Storm, Beyonder , Molecule Man could have a rise in popularity in the next few weeks, leaving Spider-Man in the dust, but come May 31st Spider-Man will have a miraculous resurgeance and somehow make the final cut. Hell, Spider-Man could have not even been in this poll and he'd somehow weasel his way in.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Interesting that Storm is the only one in this list who saw a loss in votes...

Not sure if this makes a difference, but Storm, Captain Marvel and Spider Woman are the only figures in this lineup that require new sculpts. By the looks of it, Spider Woman's out and CM's a lock. Storm is on the bubble, though, and if she "somehow" gets bumped by Beyonder, that leaves two heroes (CM and Spidey) two villians (Molecule Man and Beyonder), and only two new pieces that need to be tooled.

Edited by Lobsterman

Now if only there were a glitch to delete that pesky Spiderman from consideration for this set....

It's also going to be a travesty if the Beyonder doesn't make the set because of a split vote between the energy form and the normal form. If you add the totals together for these two Beyonder would be in the lead (even edging out the Captain's combined totals).

Edited by metaphorge

Just FYI, but we had a glitch with the poll and a few sneaky folks took advantage of that to cast multiple ballots from the same computer. If anyone's votes went down from previous levels, that would be why.

Now back to the decoder rings!

Thanks for the info, Matt. I guess Storm was the 'mate of choice for those dastardly individuals, and that's why she's the only one that seems greatly effected.