UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A Public Thanks to Timbo & Ady for the John Stewart Minimate

handsomedevil

:timbo:Timbo: I got my John Stewart in the mail today. Many thanks. The coolness that you've displayed in getting these out to the members is beyond words. You've always been one of the most friendly, most generous, and pimp-tastic members on this (and the old, abandoned) forum... and that was before the Bomb Mate and John Stewart. It is people like you that keep me coming back to the boards. Instead of paying you for postage, per your request in another thread, I will be more than happy to send Ady some loot for the boards. If you change your mind about the postage, please PM me your PayPal address and I would gladly reimburse you for the postage as well. I shudder to think how much the USPS took you for to get all of those GLs sent!

:apocalypse:Ady: If it wasn't for you, this little family of ours would have drifted apart in many different directions to every corner of the world. Your ambition and technical expertise have given us all a home again after most of us were "evicted" from the old boards. You are truly appreciated! If you don't mind, please post your PayPal account address in this thread as well so that we can get some funds sent to you to keep this place up and running for years to come.

Yes, thanks to everyone involved including Reideen who went out of his way to assemble the "Begging List" and to the others (there were others I think) who secured some GL goodness for the members.

Three cheers for Ady, Timbo, and Reideen: Huzzah, Huzzah, Huzzah! ;)

I got John in the mail today as well and thanks go around to everybody involved in this. If it wasn't for you guys I don't know what I'd do.

Seriously thank you so much (not just for John but the board and the hospitality of all its members), I've been a part of many boards in my time and this place is easily the greatest.

:D

As far as paypal goes its adycarter@gmail.com funds will be distributed between those who helped get this place off the ground, or used for future goodness.

I want to stress while i seem to be the one to *blame* for this place I couldnt have done it without the support both financial and motivational from various other people, this place only exists because I didnt want to loose contact with you all.

A special thanks also goes out to Reideen for organising the begging list , we've had a bit of a checkered past with each other, but our common dislike of a certain company has brought us closer together :P

Also as always you can support the site purely by posting and visiting/purchasing from our lovely sponsors.

Just wanted to give everyone a big thanks :D for the John Stewart, Timbo, Ady and anyone else involved with this. This is easily the greatest forum I have ever been involved with. Thanks to everyone on this forum for making it as great as it is. I may not get to post that often but this one of two websites I visit everyday. Thanks again.

Yes, a big thanks to these guys, and I know they had helpers along the way. In my case, thanks to Donny B!

And not just for the Green Lantern, but to all of those who set a certain neighborly atmosphere of support and help in this here forum. B)

I want in on the "thanks" list too. Not just for the GL, which so rocks more in person than pictures can show, but for being just an all around great group of guys. The fun we "regular" members have is all thanks to you core fellows' making this site and being as inviting as you have been.

The fun we "regular" members have is all thanks to you core fellows' making this site and being as inviting as you have been.

Ok this is possibly going to sound a bit cheesy but I don't see 'Core and Regular', I just see members.... I think that's one of the reasons we're seen as friendly... we treat new folk the same way as those that have been here for... erm well the couple of months since This forums been around, so we're hardly old timers :) ! :P

T.

Okay TBT doesnt want people to send him cash for postage, basically he feels uncomfortable taking cash for freebies and what he's suggested instead is that if people feel like it, they can paypal a couple of bucks to cover site costs.

The paypal email is adycarter@gmail.com

This by no means influences the list, so its probably best to wait to see if you recieve one, rather than sending a buck only to get sad when you dont get a John Stewart.

As I said this is totally up to you, by no means expected and has no influence on anythings, its just what the big pimp would rather do.

Just want to say thanks to those of you who have kicked a couple of bucks our way, its appreciated and while we (me and mystery financial backers) are more than willing to cover the cost of the place its nice to have some support from you guys. (although your continued posting is support enough)

So thanks again to everyone. It is appreciated

i moved out my folks a couple of weeks ago (hence no internet presence) but just paid a visit today and was overjoyed what i found waiting for me :)

thank you very, very much! ive barely been around at all on these boards and such generosity is genuinely heart warming. thank you thank you thank you!

Liam

• 1 month later...