UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

My *shudder* Barbies...

They're based on superheroes, so your heterosexual status is safe in my book, Dinobot. :lol:

If I had money to burn, I'd probably buy a few myself...

In which universe is sorority slut barbie a superhero? :P

You know, I think I'd rather have a few Barbies in me and my wife's collection than watch wrastlin' Ka :happy: Ready to Rumble is as close as I've come to watching it since I was a kid :wacko:

You know, I think I'd rather have a few Barbies in me and my wife's collection than watch wrastlin' Ka :happy: Ready to Rumble is as close as I've come to watching it since I was a kid :wacko:

We have to fight now. Please PM me the time and place. . .and prepare to feel the power of the flying elbow drop!

Seriously though, good pro wrestling is a thing of great beauty. As I'm sure you would understand from dealing with those unable to appreciate your affection for girl's toys, it is something that those unwilling to give real thought to would not understand. That movie is complete shit, though. Arquette actually became the WCW World Champion for a while when promoting it, which was a real low for that company.

In which universe is sorority slut barbie a superhero? :P

The Frank Miller-esque one :lol:

Girls play with Barbies. What, are you girls?

As if this discussion wasn't confusing enough, I have both a Barbie past (:ermm:) and a WWE one. Come on, who wouldn't want a minimate of El Fuerte Rey Mysterio?

They're based on superheroes, so your heterosexual status is safe in my book, Dinobot. :lol:

If I had money to burn, I'd probably buy a few myself...

:buttrock: Man, I'd kill for a Harley and Ivy pair. I wouldn't even need for them to do anything kinky! :P

Actually, I'm fairly certain in the fact that I own a LOT of "girly" stuff. Most people never scratch below the surface though underneath the TFs, Joes and SW. :P

Didn't they do a Ivy and Harley seperately in the Barbie line Dino? Also check your inbox, you have mail. Ka, pistols at dawns, sabers at sunset. Of course we'll have to deal with the whole Mason-Dixon, temporal displacement factor, but you seem like a clever boy :D Seriously though, all of us have something in our collection that embarasses us to an extent. At least Dino and I admit to our problem, ya buncha hyprocrites.

Okay, if we're gonna go all "embarrassing things we used to collect" in this thread, then have a gander at these:

http://www.nwi.net/~noteboom/Mimi/?2-in-1_...s:Cash_Register

http://www.nwi.net/~noteboom/Mimi/?2-in-1_Playsets:Phone

http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/Toys_FairyWinkles.htm

And don't even get me started on

Polly Pocket

... ugh, I think I've finally lost my self-respect in this thread :sick:

Edited by NorthRaider

My sister and I used to play with a whole bunch of toys as kids. She grew up. I didn't. So I got a bunch of her remotely cool toys. Polly Pocket (old skool mind you. Like Mighty Max) happened to be one of them. They make pretty cool Diaclone Drivers. ;) Other items include Burger King toys, Jurassic Park, and Micro Machines. I had a bag of maybe 200 good Hot Wheels that was sold at a yard sale for $3 without me knowing. I've lost more stuff to my mother's rampant destructive cleaning sprees than you'd believe.

I had a bag of maybe 200 good Hot Wheels that was sold at a yard sale for $3 without me knowing. I've lost more stuff to my mother's rampant destructive cleaning sprees than you'd believe.

Same <_<

Actually, my mom doesn't exactly "clean out" our toys... she just has this horrible, horrible, horrible habit of "lending" our toys (intricately organized accessories and all) to little kids of the completely wrong age group without us even knowing. I mean, who lets an old-school Polly Pocket playset and all its tiny parts get into the hands of a three-year-old?!??!! Lawsuit waiting to happen much?

The simplest explanation for this is that my mom just doesn't get the whole toy-collecting thing at all. She tries to humor me when I retained my obsession with them, but otherwise I would never wish a parent like her on any other geek.

My sister and I used to play with a whole bunch of toys as kids. She grew up. I didn't. So I got a bunch of her remotely cool toys.

Same as well. Actually, I think my sister was never that fond of toys from the beginning, she was probably just into the whole fad aspect of them, you know? So far I only managed to preserve a small percentage of our childhood collections (I keep them safely stowed away in shoe boxes in my study), but it would probably be really amusing if I tried to work them into play (or a webcomic) alongside my Minimates. :P

I never understood other kids and their toys. Which I guess is okay cause they never understood me I suppose. WHY would you leave your toys outside? Heck, why would you take them outside in the first place? And this under assigned age thing? Yeah, no. Also, why would you let others play with your favorite ones? Don't play with that one yourself when others are around, and save yourself the trouble. If the village idiot is coming over to play, give him your barfed on Mr Patatoe Head and safety scissors. Or better yet, give him something his own level that he can't hurt himself with, like air. Don't be rude or anything, understand that he's twice your size, which means he will be saving your from bullies in school, but you'r more careful so you'll reward him with employment in the work force. The system works. Just don't let him touch your toys.

(Mildly) Back on subject. http://www.joeacevedo.com/docs/mycorner/Bl...5334ace-91.html

... we should probably start up a "Toy-Collector Rant" thread, huh? ;)

Okay these dolls actually don't look half-bad. I love the epic-posing on the Supergirl one, though I think it goes without saying that Barbie may be courting trouble from silly conservative parents with the Black Canary one.

These aren't Barbie dolls per se, but my sister and I used to have some of these: http://www.sailormoontoys.com/dolls.html

I only managed to save my Sailor Jupiter one, the green fabric on mine faded out due to prolonged direct exposure to flourescent lighting though :pinch:

And don't even get me started on

Polly Pocket

... ugh, I think I've finally lost my self-respect in this thread :sick:

Boys had Mighty Max, and I think they were compatible with PP XD I actually have a friend that uses Polly Pocket figures for D&D.

• 7 months later...

My wife collects Barbies and has some pretty nice looking ones, but the most feminine part of my collection is a 200x She-Ra figure that comes with a comb for her hair. Collecting Barbies that are made as Super Hero characters or movie characters isn't a bad thing in my opinion so I would say you should go for the Black Canary!

Pretty nice likeness of each performer while still keeping them looking like Barbies. I never did pick up the Black Canary for my wife. I'll have to check that out the next time I'm surfing around.

• 7 months later...