UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

It's a...

The_Donster

Good luck, and Congrats Donster!!!!1

I should also hijack the thread since everyone else is :)

Erica and I are having another boy.

So, Shawn (Our oldest) is going to have a baby brother, And we finally decided on a name. Evan Aleksander Meeks should be here sometime in early October.

Edited by Docholliday666

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem, I couldn't be in better company than you guys :thumbsup: I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on everything and apologize for the late report, it's been a loong day :wacko: Alexander "Lex" Roman Thompson was born at 11:04am at St. Joseph's Hospital in Tacoma, WA. Weighing in at 7 lbs, 5 oz and 20" from head to toe, he's his Mom and Dad's pride and joy. I have quite a few photo's to upload, but need to get some sleep before heading back to the hospital tomorrow. Both Mom and little man are doing great and resting comfortable last time I checked. Thanks for the support and best of luck to the father's and mother's to be B)

PIC-0024.jpg

No problem, I couldn't be in better company than you guys :thumbsup: I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on everything and apologize for the late report, it's been a loong day :wacko: Alexander "Lex" Roman Thompson was born at 11:04am at St. Joseph's Hospital in Tacoma, WA. Weighing in at 7 lbs, 5 oz and 20" from head to toe, he's his Mom and Dad's pride and joy. I have quite a few photo's to upload, but need to get some sleep before heading back to the hospital tomorrow. Both Mom and little man are doing great and resting comfortable last time I checked. Thanks for the support and best of luck to the father's and mother's to be B)

PIC-0024.jpg

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's SOOOOOO adorable! Gongrats to you and the missus Donster. Just beautiful.

Huge congratulations to Don and Trish. Welcome to the world Lex :)

Nervous, your missus is positively glowing mate. :)

Congratulations to DocHolliday for his news, hope all goes smoothly.

:lol: Yeah, I just got off the phone with Trish about 20 minutes ago and she said she didn't get much sleep, but it was the best night of her life. Apparently it was pooping and eating and changing diapers for her. He's had his first bath and all that and I'm headed off to the hospital once I close this out for some father-son bonding :blush: While it's our 1st baby, I have 2 other boys from my previous marriage. Connor, who is 16 and turns 17 next month and Brendon who just turned 13. So it's been awhile since I've done this, but still remember the basics of changing a diaper and burping :P Still, because of that, it's almost like having a fresh start. While I love my boys, Trish is who I should have had them with. I'd like to think that all these hurdles in life have lead me to this point and I'm pretty excited. Anyway, thanks for the well wishes. Need to get the dogs sedated for the fireworks and get off to the hospital. I'm sure I'll pop in the forum in between things. Luckily I can scan things through my phone while Mom and Lex are sleeping. Take care guys and thanks again :thumbsup:

Just a little update. I stayed at the hospital last night and don't know how Trish has stayed awake as long as she has. I think it's a combination of adrenaline and Mommy power, because I'm beat. It was all I could do staying awake last night, but there she was everytime he needed feeding. Mom and Lex are home right now and he seems to be sleeping longer. They are currently upstairs getting some much needed sleep while I stay downstairs in the hopes of keeping the dogs calm. Which, with the exception of our littlest pup, are doing pretty well. He's doing a little better since I came downstairs. Those with pets and kids, how did you introduce the new addition to the pets? Do we introduce them one at a time or what? I've had them sniff his blankets, hats and diapers to get them used to it. Of course, they've heard him cry and all that, but I can tell none of them know what the hell, lol. Right now we're keeping the downstairs just keep the fur off of him and where he's at. Any suggestions would be helpful, so that everyone remains happy and content.

I'd offer some help, but we ended up getting rid of our dog when we had our twins. He was an American Eskimo, which we've heard were good with kids, but he was obviously becoming jealous and starting to snip at them. I really hated that stupid dog anyway, so I wasn't too upset when we decided we were done trying with him. Although I can't say how to introduce them, I would say to continue giving them enough of your time to keep them from feeling unwanted. Unless, like me, you're looking for an excuse to boot them out the door.

Nah, 2 of the dogs are mine and 2 are Trish's and we love them. I assume that dog was your wife's dog GH? With us, unfortunately it's her babies causing most of the issues. We currently have the baby gate up at the bottom of the stairs. Since Trish is supposed to be resting after the surgery, it's just me at the moment. Mine have been kind of content, give them a bone or rawhide and their good. Just trying to make sure she gets her rest and I get to bond with Lex during those brief times. Going to try and get some sleep, thanks for the advice.

Thanks BHM, it's nice to know for the most part, we're doing right with both the baby and the babies :D I'm currently downstairs, letting them out and calming them down while she's nursing. We plan on getting one of those baby gates that is more like a door, to help acclimate them and keep him safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gang,

Here are a few photos of our new special little guy!

His Name is Nicholas Jacob

he was born on July 16th at 10:27 p.m.EST

he weighed 7lb.7oz.

he was 20 inches long

mom is doing awesome, and just needs to get her rest and trust dad will take care of the little guy, lol :)

post-21-1248015715_thumb.jpgpost-21-1248015727_thumb.jpg

post-21-1248015737_thumb.jpg

post-21-1248015748_thumb.jpgpost-21-1248015765_thumb.jpg

post-21-1248015778_thumb.jpgpost-21-1248015790_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nervous