UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Official Toy Fair 09 minimate news topic

Graham

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, just like the iron man movie mates, they will feature removable pieces for the creation of a basic mate under the armor (or blobs case, fat)

for series 26, the blonde guy is pre-fatty blob.

for series 27, tony in goo will be covered in the ult. ironman armor.

hope that explains it! :)

Wave 26 only has seven figures. The Movie Blob minimate can actually have his "fat parts" removed. The guy in green next to Movie Sabretooth is what Blob looks like underneath the "fat".

Wave 27 also only has seven figures: "Tony Stark with green goo" is most likely what Ultimate Iron Man looks like when you take his armor off.

EDIT: haha, ninja'd by punisher! :D

And you could've just asked this in the Toyfair thread. Really, starting a new one was kinda unnecessary.

Edited by NorthRaider

I'm still holding out for Mar-Vell and my cherished Inhumans. And also possibly a new boxset to tie in with the current Dark Reign/Dark Avengers/War of Kings event. Probably won't be a concrete possibility until the end of the year though.

OUTSTANDING!

Finally I'll get my hands on an Ultimate Nick f*ckin' Fury!

As for the rest, all I can say is Mein Got!

I really did laugh when reading that. But the ol' fella is spelled with 2Ts, TM2. But I can feel it as well, mein Gott! :P

That random army guy! (who is he? :sweat:)

I guess that should be Ultimate WW2 Bucky, North.

Edited by Bob Harris

Wave 26 only has seven figures. The Movie Blob minimate can actually have his "fat parts" removed. The guy in green next to Movie Sabretooth is what Blob looks like underneath the "fat".

Wave 27 also only has seven figures: "Tony Stark with green goo" is most likely what Ultimate Iron Man looks like when you take his armor off.

EDIT: haha, ninja'd by punisher! :D

And you could've just asked this in the Toyfair thread. Really, starting a new one was kinda unnecessary.

You don't have to be rude raider i just figured this was a message board so i'd ask a simple question. Im glad some others can just simply answer a question without adding a smug remark at the end.

raider wasn't being rude, it was just a friendly reminder. we had a lot of people making a large number of unnecessary threads recently, so we are just trying to keep things under control

I totally agree with this. Raider's comment wasn't rude at all; i'd hate to see you're reaction to a REAL rude comment...

But yeah, the "merc" is military Blob, and Goopy-Stark is Unarmored Ult. Iron Man. AA also had that Blob thing listed on their blogs; if you ever see something like that, try to check both here and there before making a thread. We really have had an unnecessary-thread-overdose lately, and we're just trying to prevent it, is all.

Today really is like geek Christmas, isn't it?

I'm guessing the Ultimates soldier is generic since Chuck said each wave from now would have an army builder.

And it saddens me too that there's no showing for BSG or Star Trek (although I know it's still early).

And so far I count about 74 new Minimates this year that they've announced. That's just amazing.

Wasn't the variant for Wave 25 supposed to be Bolt-face Iron Man? Because in this pic it sure looks like IM has a nose.

Wow!! Hell, he's even missing the shoulder-circle-things!! I hope DST isn't changing their minds; i'd rather have the old one than nosey...

And, Wink, you and my Dad are the only ones who watch that show. The rest of us watch BSG. ;)

Wasn't the variant for Wave 25 supposed to be Bolt-face Iron Man? Because in this pic it sure looks like IM has a nose.

Oh my sweet lord! A nose! That's blasphemy! Sacrilege! :ohmy:

Well, Zombie Spidey and Zombie Colonel America both had what used to be noses too. :lol:

But yeah, Iron Man minimate with a nose? Funny. Bolt-faced variant with disappeared face bolts? Different kind of funny. Missing shoulder circles-thingies? Okay, NOT so good.

Edited by NorthRaider

Well now we've got & new thread what I'd like to know is what is the 'gloop' on Tony. My Marvel Universe awareness is sadly very lacking when it comes to the Ultimate Universe.

That's ultimate lubricant, so Tony's able to slip easier into his ultimate armor. :ohmy: But I have ultimately no idea why it's green. I guess groundhog's explanation might be the one and only ultimate reason.

I hope Psylocke's and Gambit's energy pieces come out transparent, I don't really like them opaque. But they still look awesome.

Yay naked Wolverine! XD

Deadpool: awesome

I really need to pick up Ultimate Iron Man and Nick Fury.

EDIT: I'm glad I read through the thread, otherwise I would have missed the Ghostbusters 'mates. I can't wait for them to come out.

Edited by Dio

seriously i am in LOVE with every last damn one of the new figures even the ultimates and i dont like the ultimates but i want that damn cap, soldier and iron man A LOT

the old man logan wolverine....I want it!!!!

I love minimates....

hopefully we will here about some more starting tomorrow....

everyone who loves minimates raise your hand

moc847

Eh, the Wolvie Through The Ages naked... Wolvie is probably our closest best chance at Weapon X. Not unless DST labels him as something specifically non-Weapon X, like "Feral Wolvie Womping Through the Congo" or something. Then again I wouldn't mind another surprise release from DST (*cough*Inhumans*cough*) at this point...