UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Official Toy Fair 09 minimate news topic

Graham

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://74.52.193.82/events/main.php?g2_itemId=124362

Is that a gas mask? Holy crap, my Sid Wilson custom is now complete!

At first I thought GB was gonna suck, but I must admit, they look really awesome! And Terminator! And something that's been on my list for a long time: Ultimates! Gambit! Sabertooth! Skrull! DEADPOOL!

I think I just had a Minimate orgasm...

Wave 28 (:( ) is the perfect Marvel wave of all time

Uh, this isn't a mixed message, is it?

Lol, i meant i'm upset that it's now 28. Haha... :blush:

Both Wave 27 and 28 have August '09 dates on them, so it looks like (hopefully) the Ultimates wave isn't going to cause the wait for Deadpool, Psylocke, Gambit, etc to be any longer.

-Deadpool/Gambit/Psylocke etc. are wave 28

Why do they keep pushing it back!?

:wallbash:

LOL, this was probably only the second time it was pushed back: the first time the new wave 26 - the Wolverine movie wave - was announced, DST never specified which wave Deadpool, etc. were gonna be in, so technically WE were the ones who dubbed them Wave 27. Now that DST has officially come out with the Ultimates wave, the mystery's been officially solved.

Don't fret though: to quote stack32 in the main Toyfair thread:

Both Wave 27 and 28 have August '09 dates on them, so it looks like (hopefully) the Ultimates wave isn't going to cause the wait for Deadpool, Psylocke, Gambit, etc to be any longer.

Yay for us, boo for our wallets!

And nope, no sign of protos of the Union Jack/safari Wonder Man exclusive or the rumored AFX boxset with Angel in it. :confused:

Well, that makes sense, actually, because Toy Fair is designed for companies to sell toys to retail outlets, so they wouldn't bring product that already has an exclusive home.

LOL, this was probably only the second time it was pushed back: the first time the new wave 26 - the Wolverine movie wave - was announced, DST never specified which wave Deadpool, etc. were gonna be in, so technically WE were the ones who dubbed them Wave 27. Now that DST has officially come out with the Ultimates wave, the mystery's been officially solved.

Don't fret though: to quote stack32 in the main Toyfair thread:

Yay for us, boo for our wallets!

Awesome, thanks!! :thumbsup:

There is no emotion, there is peace.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

There is no death, there is the Force.

Nope, not really helping. I need those. The Ultimates make me so happy I want to crap myself. Seriously, you have NO idea how bad I've wanted those.

As for the rest, all I can say is Mein Got!

DO Psylocke and Gambit have the same hand piece? I can't quite tell. Also, Ultimate WWII Cap looks fat. Also, I think the Delorean if 1:24 scale. Also, I wonder if that Viper will also fit minimates? Has DST gotten sneaky and found us a way around the no vehicles thing?

DO Psylocke and Gambit have the same hand piece? I can't quite tell.

Judging from the pics, they're different hand pieces for sure. Psylocke's hex bolt has that distinct purple-fire look to it, while Gambit's appears to definitely have some outline of a playing card engraved into it. (I'm hoping to\he final release versions of these would have the playing card detail painted on or something.)

The Ultimates look great. Logan Through the Ages is pretty coo too. Im even looking forward to those 90's X-Men wave. The Ghostbusters though are off the hook. I'll be getting that Stay Puft bank too it's going to work well with the Mates.

Edited by Rheul

.........too many Iron man Armours, Cap's and Hulks........

My god I could not be happier

Ghostbusters

Wolverines......wolvies....and Logans oh my

Ultimates

Wave 28

I just think I'll be happy with the steady stream of MM this year and my other nick fury's will have their Ultimate counterpart to stand with

All I want now is a Punisher Comic set (Captain America, Symboite Armour, Black T frank, Classic Punisher)

Oh and avenger Villains as well