UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Official Toy Fair 09 minimate news topic

Graham

I haven't seen these posted elsewhere on the board, sorry if they have been. They just uploaded a gallery of pics at ACTION-FIGURE.COM.

Included are pics of the Deadpool wave, Wolverine through the Ages, Ultimates, the Spirit, more Terminator stuff and Ghostbusters. It's all amazing!

EDIT: Sorry, in my haste I think I posted this in the wrong forum. Should this be in Crisis of Infinite Minimates?

Edited by Reideen1313
Updated title to included all Toy Fair 09 related posts

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:jawdrop:

ULTIMATES MINIMATES! That Captain America! That Iron Man! That Thor! That random army guy! (who is he? :sweat:) I WANT! (That Hulk... eh.)

Phew, looks like "Wolverine Through The Ages" actually refers to the Wolverine Origins movie wave. Oh wait, it's REAL!? (Hey look, a Weapon X Wolvie!)

Yikes! Comic Spirit's hair is just about as funky as Movie Spirit's :blink:

And, oh my god, PSYLOCKE! SABRETOOTH! SKRULL! NEW MASKED WOLVERINE! (It actually does look like the best ever!) And, and, and... DEADPOOL!!! GAMBIT!!! :wub:

And FYI, Psylocke gets a brand-new hair sculpt! (Finally! I mean, Yay!) And Gambit comes with his bo staff and an extra purple card-holding energy-emitting hand! (Cool!) His coat, I can't tell if it's a reuse of The Spirit's or Doc Brown's from the first BTTF boxset. And Deadpool... yeah, looks like he DOES come with two removable masks (Phew!) though I didn't see that many weapons on the prototype. (The prototype also reminds me eerily of Aapje's old custom Deadpool but that's just me taking refuge in the familiar, I guess.)

And Heroes and Villains boxsets, waves 24 and 23, Secret Invasion... eh, same old, same old.

And nope, no sign of protos of the Union Jack/safari Wonder Man exclusive or the rumored AFX boxset with Angel in it. :confused:

And yeah, will a kindly mod please stick this thread in Crisis of Infinite Minimates where it belongs? :)

(For my original reaction to these news, see here and here :P)

In addition, yeah it's confirmed:

-Magneto in the Villains boxset comes with a helmet

-Ultimates minimates are wave 27

-Deadpool/Gambit/Psylocke etc. are wave 28

-Wolverine Through The Ages boxset (I'm not kidding) has Weapon X Wolvie

I just assumed the soldier was a shield agent/soldier to go along with Capt America and variant, but it does look like he might have some sideburns under that helmet. These all look fantastic. I'm particularly excited about the Ultimates, but all of these waves look great. I'm so excited, I might have to go out and buy some mates today.

Think that new Dolorean in the DST album is in scale with Minimates?

Perhaps The DeLorean is. Sorry NorthRaider!

I believe Homer drives a DohLorean :thumbsup:

Damn, I knew I spelled that wrong. :lol:

Anyways I really hope that DeLorean is in scale with 'mates. DST made it, right?

(Heh heh, DohLorean. Or should it be "D'oh!Lorean"?)

No, wait! (Annoyed Grunt)Lorean!!! :P (If you owned the official Simpsons episode guides this would make sense.)

EDIT: I am gushing with pride right about now... Philippine toy collectors actually have their very own subforum on ActionFigure.com (along with the American, Canadian and British guys). I guess we really ARE one of the best toy-nerd countries in the world after all. :lol:

Edited by NorthRaider

OMG!!! I think I just wet my pants.... yup! Not a figure of speech... I really did wet myself. Looks like DST was holding all the good stuff for Toy Fair 2009. Man! I'm just speechless. Loving GBs, T2 wave 2, Ultimates, Marvel wave 28 and even Wolverine; Throughout the Ages boxed set. Here's hoping that the scale Delorean does fit the minimates and if they do, let's hope that some day in the near future, we'll be able to get our mitts on a scaled Ecto-1.

Wow! What a sight to behold first thing in the morning. DST sure had a boat load of new minimates to show the public on day one of the New York Toy Fair. So forum members... let's hear what you've got to say. Post your top 10 favorite (new) minimates you've cast a glance at and any additional comments you have.

1. Stay Puffed Marshmellow Man
  2. Ultimate Captain America
  3. Split face T-1000 with hook arms
  4. Ultimate WW2 Captain America & Ultimate Nick Fury (tie)
  5. Psylocke
  6. Deadpool
  7. Origins Wolverine (James Howlett) and cowboy hat Wolverine (tie)
  8. modern Sabretooth
  9. Gozer
  10. yellow and blue Wolverine
Edited by MINI_MYTE

And Gambit comes with his bo staff and an extra purple card-holding energy-emitting hand! (Cool!) His coat, I can't tell if it's a reuse of The Spirit's or Doc Brown's from the first BTTF boxset.

If you look closely at the lapels on Gambit's coat, you can see it has a horizontal texture to it. Based on this detail, I'd say it's a new sculpt and not a re-used piece. Notice also that he's got a new foot sculpt with his shin / knee pads added. Very sharp! ;)

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Old Man Logan!!!! Origins Logan!!!! More T-1000!!!! Ultimates!!!!! Everything Else!!!!

Yeah, this IS the year of the minimate alright! Also the year i spend all the money in my savings account :P

And Gambit comes with his bo staff and an extra purple card-holding energy-emitting hand! (Cool!) His coat, I can't tell if it's a reuse of The Spirit's or Doc Brown's from the first BTTF boxset.

If you look closely at the lapels on Gambit's coat, you can see it has a horizontal texture to it. Based on this detail, I'd say it's a new sculpt and not a re-used piece. Notice also that he's got a new foot sculpt with his shin / knee pads added. Very sharp! ;)

Actually it may be a re use of movie sabertooths....

Jeez, my head is STILL swimming from the new Toyfair reveals. I probably can't post a full top 10 yet, but I definitely got a knee-jerk shock from the Wave 28 protos. (I was actually surprised I was more in love with the Psylocke minimate than the Deadpool one). So my tentative top ten would probably look like:

1. Psylocke

2. Psylocke

3. Psylocke

4. Deadpool, Gambit (tie)

5. wave 28 Wolvie

... with Ghostbusters, Ultimates and some of the new T2 minimates catching up.

Actually it may be a re use of movie sabertooths....

Just checked them side by side. Both movie Sabretooth and comic Gambit have individual coat designs.

Anybody notice that it looks like they're gonna give comic DP movie DP's swords instead of Blade's swords (as described in the earlier controll art we saw for DP). A much better choice in my opinion.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

So, the toyfair mate this year is:

Unification Spock

Gotta get me one of these, loved that story.

Sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere, couldn't see it.

Edited by TITAN

Unification Spock?

Uh... okay.

(Thanks for the link Titan, I actually don't believe we've seen this yet.)

I'm only now taking a REALLY GOOD look at the Marvel pics, and I think the prototype movie Blob doesn't have his slushie :(

So, the toyfair mate this year is:

Unification Spock

Gotta get me one of these, loved that story.

Sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere, couldn't see it.

Must... get... Unification Spock. That face would look wicked cool on an Admiral Kirk body as to create an older looking Spock from the movies.

Question: How were the previous Toy Fair exclusives made available to the public? Was it just eBay? I have a TF Starbuck, but can't remember how I got her. Anyone care to shed some light? I'm still waking up.

OMG Ghostbusters look INCREDIBLE!!

Gozer!! Slimer!! STAY PUFT?!?!?! :D This is so the year of the minimate. ALthough, one thing has me depressed that none of us have noticed with all of the incredible hype. NO BSG MINIMATES. What the hell...?? I thought they said "we have stuff planned for Toy Fair." This depresses me a little. :(

Ultimates look great (just when i finish my damn Ult. Iron Man), Wave 28 (:( ) is the perfect Marvel wave of all time, Wolvie Origins i could care less about, Terminator 2 series 2 is phenomonal. Three T-100s in ONE WAVE?! And they're all awsome?! Thank you, Christ. :)