UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

Honestly, that design isn't doing much for me. But it does remind me of that great song from Clerks, and that's a good thing.

Edited by karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm torn. The guy's like I gave you a discount. I gave you the product. i did everything you asked for. Don't leave bad feedback." Which is true. He knocked like $30 off. Which is about what I'm going to spend on a new jacket. I'll probably just end up leaving neutral feedback. I think I've just about had it with this scale. :(

Well, I don't know all the details based on what you have said, but if he's willing to give you $30 off the price, and you accept that, I don't know that I would leave him a neutral in your position (particularly if the coat isn't worth that much). It could have been an honest mistake in the listing. However, he should also give you the option of returning it for a complete refund. If he does not, then a neutral might be justified.

Was the auction misleading somehow? Surely, I wouldn't just accept a damaged figure like that for the full price, in any case.

Well, I don't know all the details based on what you have said, but if he's willing to give you $30 off the price, and you accept that, I don't know that I would leave him a neutral in your position (particularly if the coat isn't worth that much). It could have been an honest mistake in the listing. However, he should also give you the option of returning it for a complete refund. If he does not, then a neutral might be justified.

Was the auction misleading somehow? Surely, I wouldn't just accept a damaged figure like that for the full price, in any case.

If it wasn't noted in the auction that the jacket was damaged I totally would request a refund. If he doesn't agree then file with paypal and you'll get your money back minus shipping costs to send back to him.

The T-800 is arguably the best figure Hot Toys has produced. Consider that when making your decision as to whether or not you complete your purchase.

I'm gonna get the figure. Lord help me it's my first Hot Toys figure.

If it wasn't noted in the auction that the jacket was damaged I totally would request a refund. If he doesn't agree then file with paypal and you'll get your money back minus shipping costs to send back to him.

The T-800 is arguably the best figure Hot Toys has produced. Consider that when making your decision as to whether or not you complete your purchase.

I'm gonna get the figure. Lord help me it's my first Hot Toys figure.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

It won't be your last Web.

I promise you that.........

I got my DX Joker and Hot Toys Predator 1 this week.

My birthday is next week and the Joker was my supposed to be my birthday gift from my girlfriend. She broke up with me on Monday and Joker arrived at my door on Tuesday. He is now called the Consolation Prize! :lol:

Ha! Good stuff, HD. That's a couple nice figures you got there. I was going to get the P1 Predator, but I didn't like the large mask and short neck. I currently only own the Wolf Predator, but the Berzerker is definitely on my list.

Good job on even finding a P1 Predator. I love mine! I missed out on the Guardian Pred, but maybe I'll get lucky on the secondary market.

Good job on even finding a P1 Predator. I love mine! I missed out on the Guardian Pred, but maybe I'll get lucky on the secondary market.

Better start selling your spare kidney and other bodily parts in preperation Shane.

That looks awesome!!!

I'm going to check Predators out this week.

I've been hearing a lot of complaints about the designs of the new Predators, but I appreciate what Rodriguez was going for with the new designs.

He compared them to how humans differ in appearance from one continent to the next. He said that should apply to these 'aliens' as well, as it doesn't make sense to assume that all of them look the same across their entire planet.

In the movie they used a dog vs wolf comparison. Classic predator is my favorite but I'm totally OK with this new race being introduced. Similar enough to be the same type of alien, but with their own distinguishing characteristics.

I guess I'm missing what is so different about the new designs that are so off-putting to others. It's taller and has different red markings, which could be attributed to warpaint or tattooing. The 'jaw' on the mask is decorative, from everything i've seen so far online.

Edit:

I compare the changes to being similar to these 2 both being the same 'species'. ;) [just kidding!]

dennis.jpg

vern_troyer.jpg

Edited by youbastards

It is a minor quibble, and has nothing to do with my dislike for the design (I just don't like it--it doesn't look cool in the way that the traditional predator does to me), but the head being split apart is a pretty significant physiological difference. I suppose that pygmies and some others are fairly different from the traditional, Euro-centric ideas we have for what "humans" are supposed to look like, but nothing like that. And I'm no biologist, so what do I know, anyway?

My point is that the design was chosen because someone thought that it looked good, not because it would make sense as an analogy of contemporary human beings evolving on different continents. That is a post-hoc justification, IMO.

K80, I am with you, but also still trying to remain open to these new Predators. At first, I totally hated the berzerker, but after reading about their backstory, I am trying to remain open minded. It is said that they altered their own appearances to the point of a genetic mutation and they have no "hunter's code" like the P1 predators do. I am going to assume that you have possibly read this, too.

Now, that said, I do not like the powers that be changing things up on us. The P1/P2 Predator is a bad ass MF and there is enough possibility with them alone, that I don't see the need to "create" a new typr of Pred. I don't agree with their decision and consider it very silly to "fix" something that is VERY not broken. However, I plan to see this film this coming weekend, since I could not attend on opening weekend. If I am not completely let down, I will probably embrace the berzerkers. If this film is lame, I probably won't even pay attention to anything else from this film no matter who manufactures it.

Story isn't everything, because I like some of the AVP Predators, but do not care for the film. The difference here is that the producers are taking a class A franchise character and tossing it to the side for something they created. Unless they wow me with it, I am turning my back on it.

Tall, short, black white, we're all still human and all still have the basic traits. two hands, to feet, two eyes, one nose, one mouth. (i'm speaking normally here) So I can understand changes, but their jaws should all still be the same. My friend said the Bezerker was just wearing a mask.