UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AFX Iron Man Exclusive Contest

Shanester

Congratulations Gambitron...

We shall expect pictures.

T.

p.s. yeah I'm kind of a little gutted I was really hoping to win this one, I posted 40+ reviews to help my odds.

Thanks TBT! I will most certainly put up pics when I get it. I did maybe 25 reviews so you beat me there.

First off I have to say AFX got this to me in record time. (especially since I still haven't received my prize for the wave 25 and 26 contest). The contest ended on friday and here we are monday and I have the set!!!!!! Second I didn't think I would be getting one in a box with everything with it (I guess I didn't fully understand what the production sample was I thought it would be just like what I saw in the display case at SDCC). But no complaints here! This set is awesome so here are some pics for everyone to enjoy. Hopefully this set will be out soon for everyone else. I love the new hands on Iron Man they are like flying hands. Raza's gun is pretty cool. All in all this is a great set. Sorry about the size of the pics I realize once you click the pic it takes a while to load it. If someone wants to be a pal an PM me and possibly explain how I can fix that issue it would be much appreciated.

post-1769-1227578049_thumb.jpg

post-1769-1227578242_thumb.jpg

post-1769-1227578356_thumb.jpg

post-1769-1227578451_thumb.jpg

post-1769-1227579717_thumb.jpg

post-1769-1227579826_thumb.jpg

post-1769-1227579951_thumb.jpg

post-1769-1227580044_thumb.jpg

Edited by gambitron

Poor TBT! :(

Those do look great. I particularly like Downey, Jr.'s mean face. Sometimes I still can't believe that guy--the guy from Chaplin, Less than Zero, Weird Science--is a Marvel super hero. The likeness is really there. Still waiting to get the regular set from DST. . .

That gun is awesome. We haven't seen shots of that before have we? I haven't been able to pick up any Iron Man movie mates just yet, so maybe I'll just get this set and be done.

God-dammit Dan - you need these mates!

These look good, I think I will get them if/when Limited edition. One thing that stands out is tony's red eyes. Did Stane give him contact lenses when he was fighting him? :D

Poor TBT! :(

Those do look great. I particularly like Downey, Jr.'s mean face. Sometimes I still can't believe that guy--the guy from Chaplin, Less than Zero, Weird Science--is a Marvel super hero. The likeness is really there. Still waiting to get the regular set from DST. . .

Also what suprised me about him being a Marvel Superhero is that he used to be a drug abuser. He used drugs all the time. I can't believe a... drugged up person became a superhero. :blink:

Also what suprised me about him being a Marvel Superhero is that he used to be a drug abuser. He used drugs all the time. I can't believe a... drugged up person became a superhero. :blink:

Well, Tony Stark was an alcoholic womanizer. Plus, one of my absolute favorite super heroes--The Hourman--was a pill popper. . .strangely, my other favorite DC character--Roy Harper/Speedy--was a heroine addict. Coincidence?

I still don't get it. This is, what? A set that was done and they sent it to you early? I still don't understand this production sample thing.

Yay! Iron Monger comes with hands!

A production sample is similar to a prototype - only it will usually be near the end of the process, rather than the beginning. Its one of the final steps before the finished product comes out.