UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Terrence Howard OUT and Don Cheadle IN for Iron Man 2.

MINI_MYTE

This news makes me sad. I like both actors, maybe I even like Don Cheadle more, but I really don't like recasting in sequels.

What I don't get is it was over $. How much did TH want that made Don Cheadle such a bargain?

Y'know. . .it's hard out here for a pimp, when he's tryin' to get this money for the rent. For the Cadillacs and gas money spent, because a whole lot of bitches talking $hit.

Its unfortunate when they have to switch actors in a series, but Cheadle is one heck of an actor, so I don't mind in this case.

Ditto. I thought TH was really into it, but I guess he got greedy on this one. I don't really like actor changes like this, but I would much rather an actor change than see a movie's budget grow because of a greedy actor. We, as movie-goers, end up paying in the end.

If they were introducing War Machine, then it is understandable if Howard wanted a higher salary. His role would be increased significantly, and he would be doing the same work as Robert Downey Jr. He likely wanted a similar pay to Downey. However, the movie is called "Iron Man," and Robert Downey Jr is a much bigger name.

I don't like how Don Cheadle looks nothing like Terrence Howard or Jim Rhodes. Jim Rhodes is broad and bulky, whereas Cheadle is scrawny and a few inches shorter. But Cheadle is a good actor, so I have faith in the sequel.

Honestly, I would have much rather seen someone like Michael Jai White replace Howard as Rhodey. Yes, Cheadle is a formadible actor, but this isn't Shakespeare in the Park, it's Iron Man. At least get a actor who matches up with the character he's playing. I'm really hoping this wasn't about money or a script, that would disappoint.

Honestly, I would have much rather seen someone like Michael Jai White replace Howard as Rhodey.

When I first glanced at this, I thought you were referring to Jaleel White, who would make an interesting War Machine.

Edited by karamazov80

Honestly, I would have much rather seen someone like Michael Jai White replace Howard as Rhodey.

When I first glanced at this, I thought you were referring to Jaleel White, who would make an interesting War Machine.

Scene:

Rhodey (Jaleel White) is trying the War Machine armor for the first time:

RDJ: "Now Rhodey, you want to be very careful with the weapons system, it can do some serious damage real quick."

JW: "So I should stay far away from those???"

Rhodey turns and gestures towards Stark's car collection, and a barrage of rockets launch from the War Machine armor, destroying Stark's cars and ripping an enormous hole through the mansion. The dust settles and one last chunk of rubble falls from the ceiling...

JW: "Did I do thaaaaaat???"

end scene.

BS

Edited by blacksun1520

You know what's sad? I actually knew who you were talking about Urkel as soon as I saw the name, no link necessary :lol:

You know what's sad? I actually knew who you were talking about Urkel as soon as I saw the name, no link necessary :lol:

Pictures of Urkel brighten everyone's day, don't they?

"Want some cheeeeeese?"

Edited by karamazov80