UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

what a twist!

Punisher

so, i just found out the plot of M. Night Shamalaban's "The Happening".

PLANTS

yep.....

plants release toxins in the air that make people commit suicide because they are mad at humans for destroying them...

what a twist.....

m. knight shamalabsajajafn, i hate you....

Edited by the punisher=D

Though I don't see the need to make fun of a guy's last name because he is from another country, I do agree that Shyamalan has turned into a pretty terrible film-maker. Sixth Sense was very good, Unbreakable was alright (after I let it settle a while), but all the other movies of his that I saw were terrible. Supposedly he plays himself in the one with Paul Giamatti

--a misunderstood genius writer who the critics hate, and who ends up being a martyr and saving the world or something

. One or two decent movies doesn't give you the right to have that kind of ego, in my opinion. . .and the twist ending thing is way, way overdone. I have a fried who defended all of his movies up and down, but he even couldn't find any saving graces with "the Happening." I saw a few minutes of actual in-film footage online a while back, and it looked absolutely terrible.

I have a fried who defended all of his movies up and down, but he even couldn't find any saving graces with "the Happening."

besides the beautiful Zooey Deschanel. ;)

But I agree, Sixth Sense was really nice, Signs had an interesting plot somehow, haven't seen Unbreakable yet, but the Paul Giamatti Movie - I really loved him in Sideways and American Splendor - was just terrible.

And talking about the twist ending thing in the Happening: it wasn't a real twist ending at all, because

in the first third of the movie, this plant-theroy was already explained.

(I guess by Mark Wahlberg, who usually sucks, except in I ♥ Huckabees.)

So it was just waiting and watching people kill themselves.

Oh, and on a separate note - if I got it right - BHM will scan your post and talk about you frying people that defend Mr. Shyamalan. :biggrin:

Edited by Bob Harris

(I guess by Mark Wahlberg, who usually sucks, except in I ♥ Huckabees.)

No love for "Boogie Nights" or "The Departed"?

Oh, and on a separate note - if I got it right - BHM will scan your post and talk about you frying people that defend Mr. Shyamalan. :biggrin:

When you quoted me and I noted my spelling mistake, I actually thought something similar :P

Though I don't see the need to make fun of a guy's last name because he is from another country, I do agree that Shyamalan has turned into a pretty terrible film-maker. Sixth Sense was very good, Unbreakable was alright (after I let it settle a while), but all the other movies of his that I saw were terrible. Supposedly he plays himself in the one with Paul Giamatti

--a misunderstood genius writer who the critics hate, and who ends up being a martyr and saving the world or something

. One or two decent movies doesn't give you the right to have that kind of ego, in my opinion. . .and the twist ending thing is way, way overdone. I have a fried who defended all of his movies up and down, but he even couldn't find any saving graces with "the Happening." I saw a few minutes of actual in-film footage online a while back, and it looked absolutely terrible.

i was just quoting the robot chicken skit "what a twist" when i was mispelling his name. (i can't find the video online, otherwise i'd link it...) Really, i liked Unbreakable, and Sixth Sense wasn't bad, but his last movies have been so disapointing.

I love Unbreakable and I don't plan to see the Sixth Sense because some motherfreaking idiot went and ruined the twist ending for me and now there's no way to be surprised and that's half the fun of a Shyamalan film. Right?

I enjoyed the Sixth Sense, and I loved Unbreakable and Signs. I even liked The Village. Haven't seen Lady in the Water because I heard it was awful, and I'm really upset with myself for buying The Happening. The only thing interesting here from a horror standpoint were the deaths, and most of them were shown in the previews.

It's not the worst movie I've ever purchased, but it's definitely top 5. Crap.

I enjoyed the Sixth Sense, and I loved Unbreakable and Signs. I even liked The Village. Haven't seen Lady in the Water because I heard it was awful, and I'm really upset with myself for buying The Happening. The only thing interesting here from a horror standpoint were the deaths, and most of them were shown in the previews.

What IS the worst movie you've ever purchased?

Hulk? That's mine.

Hulk? That's mine.

Yeah, Hulk is right up there. But if I had to pick the worst I bought, it was a Tommy Lee Jones movie called The Missing if I recall correctly. Total crap. Actually, now that I think about it, I think The Happening might just be worse than that one. Maybe it is #1 afterall. :)

I just finished watching it, and it was definitely his worst movie. The acting was bad, the dialogue was painful, and the story was boring. The gory parts were the only saving grace, just because they were so much more interesting than the rest of it. For me, his movies are all on a descending scale, with each being worse than the one before it.

Hulk? That's mine.

Yeah, Hulk is right up there. But if I had to pick the worst I bought, it was a Tommy Lee Jones movie called The Missing if I recall correctly. Total crap. Actually, now that I think about it, I think The Happening might just be worse than that one. Maybe it is #1 afterall. :)

I actuallyjust figured out what was the worst movie I ever bought. No,w keep in mind that I had never seen this when I bought it, so I knew nothing about this one. So I now present the worst movie I own. The worst thing ever made by humans on this Earth. The souce of all the evil and suffering in the world:

Batman and Robin

Ha! Hard to argue that one. Thankfully, I can honestly say I never bought that piece of crap.

Well the only reason I still have it is that it would leave an empty spot in my box set and empty spots in box sets annoy me.