UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Countdown Thread

Basically, i feel that we need a thread like this. Whenever a new wave or box set, or even a "big" exclusive comes out with say a week, one can start a countdown for it and members can talk about what they hope to see from the wave/set/exclusive.

I'll start:

Iron Man Movie 'Mates. They come out in 3 hours and ten minutes where i am, and i'll be getting them after school tomorrow. Who's psyched?

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Just wondering, has anyone on the east coast seen the IM mates yet? I went to mu LCS today to pick up a set, but he hadn't gotten them yet. He usually gets them on the date diamond has on the site, but he didn't this time. Is this just my store?

No, it isn't. I am kinda depressed. I made my mom drive me to all of my comic shops today and every single one said that they didn't get them, had checked their shipping sheets, and said they weren't even slated to arrive today. :verymad:

I really hope that we aren't dealing with another Ghost rider, because these 'mates looked so great.

now I'm really annoyed! Oh well, thanks for telling me, it saved me from wasting my day off tomorrow driving to all the comic stores in the area looking for one that had these.... Still sucks though

But, on the bright side, I'm thinking that since a couple of board members say they have these, and the fact that diamond has them up for order on their site means that they aren't going the way of Ghost Rider

Edited by Glantern

• 2 weeks later...
Looking forward to this set. Been jonesn' for Ant-man/Wasp for a while. I ordered two sets to have the multiples to display. Hopefully the date doesn't change. We'll find out Monday after 5:00. :D

I was thinking of doing the same, but instead, I think I'll just use my zombie Giant Man legs and arms for Giant Man. I'm too poor to get two sets. Wasp will stay in "modern" form.

I wonder if Giant Man will get "boot extensions" like Civil War Iron Man? It would look weird, and it wouldn't keep him in scale completely, but just bulking up the chest doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense, either. He doesn't get more "swoll," his entire body grows. Too bad he can't be a 2.5 incher. . .

I am not looking forward to set. it is not that i have any ill will to the avengers, i just really need to start saving some cash. I am really looking forward to that spiderman wave that is sweet! finally a black suit spiderman that i can open! but i am really excited for the next star trek wave, Benjamin Sisko!

Looking forward to this set. Been jonesn' for Ant-man/Wasp for a while. I ordered two sets to have the multiples to display. Hopefully the date doesn't change. We'll find out Monday after 5:00. :D

I was thinking of doing the same, but instead, I think I'll just use my zombie Giant Man legs and arms for Giant Man. I'm too poor to get two sets. Wasp will stay in "modern" form.

I wonder if Giant Man will get "boot extensions" like Civil War Iron Man? It would look weird, and it wouldn't keep him in scale completely, but just bulking up the chest doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense, either. He doesn't get more "swoll," his entire body grows. Too bad he can't be a 2.5 incher. . .

Maybe he'll get the Hulk "duck" feet. :lol: Check out my post in Marvels where are they thread for a shipping update. :ermm:

Edited by bilbofett

• 3 weeks later...
Wave 5 of the Star Trek 'mates; who's gonna buy 'em like me next week??

Right here!! :woot: I can't wait for Sisko and Rand! I could do without Kirk and his "I just tapped a hot alien chick" smirk he's got going on. And I am probably going to take Captain Decker's hands and head and throw them on variant Sisko and turn him into Tom Paris. Ilia's probably going to end up in the Trade it forward thread......

i for one will be army building Cardassins like i did with my Borg...............18 a counting baby

What are you doing with all your extra Picards? Picard clone army?

By the way, does anybody know how Prof. X looks with a Picard head? Is it worth getting an extra Picard for?

i for one will be army building Cardassins like i did with my Borg...............18 a counting baby

What are you doing with all your extra Picards? Picard clone army?

By the way, does anybody know how Prof. X looks with a Picard head? Is it worth getting an extra Picard for?

all the clones keep coming out looking really young & stupid & nothing like Picard & they can't act for toffee donuts...... oh no that was star trek nemesis......

i'm using them a generics all i need is dst to get off the butts and make some Crushers & Data's and i'm well on my way to a 24th century starfleet

as i mention before i am crazy excited about this wave! forget the army of Cardassins I am building an army of Sisko. just kidding I will be getting as many of that two pack i can get my hands on so i can make a crew with the movie outfit. that will be awesome. I am so glad that the army builder is paired with a character that can be easily changed to make others. thanksgiving is going to be an all out battle.