UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Watch Jon Favreau Discuss the Iron Man Movie Minimates!

AllStarMatt

Check out the awesomeness!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpOcQPp8Q8A

Full transcript below. The other guys in the video are Jeremy Latcham (Associate Producer) and Matthew Libatique (Director of Photography). I like the last line the best :)

Latcham: Now I told, I told them no soul patch on Rhodey -

Favreau: No soul patch...

Latcham: -in his Air Force one.

Favreau: That's great!

Latcham: But that one, I think, was already done.

Favreau: No, these are awesome!

Libatique: How do we get them?

Latcham: They'll be toys, you'll be able to purchase them.

Libatique: Purchase?!?

Latcham: Or, I mean, I can send them to you but they'll be, like, in the toy store.

Libatique: What are you talking about, Jeremy?

Latcham: Oh come on, you know what I mean. You know what I mean.

Favreau: Look at that one. The Mark I's awesome!

Latcham: Pretty great.

Libatique: Very cool.

Favreau: THAT'S the best Monger.

Latcham: Yeah, isn't that awesome?

Favreau: It's sick. Dude, that's the best toy yet.

Edited by DSTMatt

I was watching the extra features on the Iron Man DVD today, and this is where that segment came from. Too bad they don't use Minimates by name in the segment. Some people watching it will probably want to get them, but have no idea what they are, or even how big (small) they actually are.

By the way, Bilbo, how lucky are you that Deuce wasn't playing for us a couple of weeks ago ;) ?

Edited by karamazov80

I was so excited watching the extras here and saw them looking at the IM minimates. How cool is that that the people making such an awesome movie saw these and thought that they were great. I can't wait to get these minimates becasue they, in my opinion, look like they will be the best movie bast mates yet!

I was watching the extra features on the Iron Man DVD today, and this is where that segment came from. Too bad they don't use Minimates by name in the segment. Some people watching it will probably want to get them, but have no idea what they are, or even how big (small) they actually are.

By the way, Bilbo, how lucky are you that Deuce wasn't playing for us a couple of weeks ago ;) ?

The way the D is playing I'll take ANYTHING I can get. :biggrin: . Just a thought they should have included an IM mate in with the DVD like the animated Avengers movie. They have all kinds of promos for different stores.