UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Figma figures!

TM2 Dinobot

I got Samus in the mail last week, and damn is she small. Much smaller than I was hoping for, and way too small to be posed with that Mega Man. Still seemed like a great figure, but I resold her on eBay right away.

That's a shame. I still think they look great together, I've never been that bothered about scale though. And the characters are in such different "art" styles that I guess I just never expected Mega Man to have realistic child proportions in relation to Samus.

Going by this pic, it looks like the characters aren't in scale even within the Figma line itself:

post-1800-0-78410400-1349105933_thumb.jp

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figma is non-scale. So only the characters inside each line (Fate/Stay, Lucky Star, Haruhi)are in scale. The Nintendo figures are their own license, not under the SSB line. So they're in scale with their own figures. If we get Zelda, or Zero Suit, they should match up with their own line.

Someone said BBTS pushed Link back to next year, but given that they also list Samus at the same time, I'm figuring they decided to order from Diamond who just listed them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

anyone know a source to get a decently priced Link Figma?

Since Diamond apparently solicited it without licensing rights every store that had pre-orders for the America distribution has canceled and Good Time Smile Company doesn’t have the stock to allow them to order any from them.

I’m not down with paying $80 on eBay if there’s another option, but I might have to... or I might just sell my loose Samus since if I can’t have the pair I don’t much want her.

I feel the need to share this for anyone curious.

SurisToyGuide1.pngSurisToyGuide2.png

I have used Hobby Link Japan, many,many times in the past, and agree with what has been written about their service here. Well run store with 0 troubles on my end in the past. Dozens of orders, really.

large image

I have used Hobby Link Japan, many,many times in the past, and agree with what has been written about their service here. Well run store with 0 troubles on my end in the past. Dozens of orders, really.

and they’re all sold out (HLJ was the first place I looked when BBTS said the domestic orders fell through since I’d used them in the past, but I checked all the other ones just now and they’re sold out too)... so I guess eBay or ditch Samus are my options...

large image

and they’re all sold out (HLJ was the first place I looked when BBTS said the domestic orders fell through since I’d used them in the past, but I checked all the other ones just now and they’re sold out too)... so I guess eBay or ditch Samus are my options...

Eesh, that really sucks a lot. There's gona be a lot of people thrown off and disappointed by that. :turned:

You might try Kirin Hobby. Their pre-order is sold out, but I don't think they've gotten this stock yet. You may just want to shoot them an email and see if they have an extra, as they are notoriously slow with the site.

My advice to you would be if you do need the spare money for whatever reason, go ahead and sell Samus. But I am fairly confident that there will be a second production run on both of them sometime next year.

But I am fairly confident that there will be a second production run on both of them sometime next year.

wait, they do re-issues?

In that case, *phew* crisis averted, I’ll just wait it out.

Edit: in better news, the male and female blanks are shipping later this month! that’s pretty cool!

Edited by dr baghead

Figrestock.com will keep you abreast of when Link comes back in stock.

that’s a dead link (no pun intended) and spelling it “figurestock” goes to a photo web-site...

I think I’ll just spend the $83 on eBay... I spent $65 on Samus and was willing to spend that much on Link at BBTS before Link became “domestic stock” (yeah, I know I could have saved money by buying from Japan, but I’m sooooo lazy... and really, would I have? They were $40 and shipping from over seas isn’t free...), shipping from Japan has to be at least $10, and I’ll consider the other $8 a finders fee.

I spent $65 on Samus and was willing to spend that much on Link at BBTS before Link became “domestic stock” (yeah, I know I could have saved money by buying from Japan, but I’m sooooo lazy... and really, would I have? They were $40 and shipping from over seas isn’t free...), shipping from Japan has to be at least $10, and I’ll consider the other $8 a finders fee.

My Link from AmiAmi worked out to $34, plus $14 shipping, but that wasn't the cheapest shipping option they have. And he might've been discounted, I can't remember, they do that a lot with preorders.

so then $10 for shipping is about right...

although, now that I’ve had time to think about it, I think I’m really only comfortable paying $70 for Link, so looks like if figsinstock doesn’t pan out (thank you for the link, no pun intended again) I’ll have to just let him go.

EDIT:

HOLY HELL!

figsinstock alerted me just a few hours ago Link was in stock and I was able to order him (and a D-Arts Terry Bogard which is extreme awesome)

Edited by dr baghead

• 2 weeks later...