UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Save the Dogs

blacksun1520

I know we aren't supposed to discuss politics here, but this is about dogs and it's just wrong. Anyway read the below pdf attachment and please if you live in New England, send a message to the State Reps to keep this from becoming a law.

To the mods: If this is truely inappropriate, please delete and let me know.

New_Proposed_Massachusetts_Dog_Law.pdf

BS

Wow. Palpatine-proportions. Seems too absurd to be real. I'll admit, I didn't read through the whole legislation .pdf, but I will--the first .pdf is way too slanted to be recognized as fact. Not a poke at you, blacksun, just recommending to others to read the actual legislation, linked to within the first document.

I read the legislation and am now reading the same information from the "pro-angle" (I do have a degree in political science ;) ).

First, I will state the obvious...this is a toy collecting forum. Second, I am fine with allowing this thread to breath as long as its kept civil.

I've been chewing this over & I'll make no bones about it .....it's wrong. Let's call a spayed a spayed ,people who whine & bitch about our canine friends are barking up the wrong tree. They should paws for thought & be a little more dogmatic . Let's collar support & stop their hounding .

If we can ,we'll all be the dog's bollocks.

Help fight international terrierism .

But why wouldn't you "fix" your pet unless you planned to breed him/her? Especially for dogs, sterilization improves behavior and lowers aggression.

One of the points on the motion brought forward, is law against tethering. That is something I am all for. I have never heard a good reason to tie an animal to anything.

I just glanced at the pdf file here, and though I am all for giving people the right to do what they want to, being an ardent dog lover myself, I don't have an issue with forcing people to take care of their dogs and keeping the stray pet population under control--including mandatory "fixing" of dogs unless people go to extensive lengths to obtain the right to breed them, which would act as a useful deterrent. I have 2 rescue dogs that were fixed before I took them home (I would have more if I could afford it), and it honestly makes me sick that so many people around here get dogs for reasons that I don't understand, don't take care of them (some tethering dogs all day everyday--there are 3 or 4 within a few blocks of my house), don't get them "fixed," and if they don't tether them, they often let them roam the street producing more puppies that get hit by cars or taken to animal control just to be put down. These idiots right down the street got a cute little chihuahua last year, and would just let it run around--no leash, nothing. It lasted about 2 weeks before getting hit and killed. This is not an unusual occurrence here. Then, there is the dog fighting that goes on here. I'm not a violent person by nature, but I would treat the people that fight their dogs in the manner that they treat their animals, if I was able.

Anyway, the argument that we should all be allowed to breed our dogs as we want is nice in theory, but you need a policy that is focused on the public, broadly defined, and when there are all these irresponsible idiots letting their dogs reproduce in the streets, I think a law being a little strong is not a bad thing. If this law applied to a rural setting, then I wouldn't care so much, but in an urban or suburban area we need more than we have--at least where I live.

I think the thing about allowing only certain "breeds" to reproduce is BS, by the way. Mutts rule.

Edited by karamazov80