UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Next Avengers 'Mate's

Well, i recently saw a preview for the New Direct-to-DVD released movie The Next Avenegers; Heroes of Tomorrow. I thought that from what i saw, they were making A kid-friendly Version of Ultimate Avengers 1 and 2. But the other thing i thought was what if they did a special release like what they did with U.A.2 and packed in Minimates? Who would you want from the new, and "old," roster?

Personally, i would want a Son of Hawkeye and an Old Iron Man.

How about a 5-pack of the core characters.

01. James Rogers w/ energy shield and beat up Cpt America shield

02. Torunn with sword and asgardian armor from the end of the movie

03. Azari

04. Pym w/ wings

05. Hawkeye w/ bow and quiver

Yeah, most of the babies were odd, and i hated the Daughter of Thor on the commercial. The only one that really stood out to me was Hawkeye's son. Plus, he is such an unusal character to add.

We've had:

Black Panther (Sort of)

Thor

Cap.

Giant Man/Ant Man (Soon in a few forms)

But only 1 Hawkeye! His son could make a great addition. Awe, who am i kiddin'? He just looks cool!

When I saw this, I also immediately thought "Why not Young Avengers?" But then I realized that kids only like bad things that are dumbed down and condescending. Right? Isn't that the idea that I'm supposed to get from most cartoons (both today and from my own youth in the 80s)?

I guess the short answer is that I would not want 'Mates from this DVD. Besides, no hero should use Hulk as a role model.

I guess the short answer is that I would not want 'Mates from this DVD. Besides, no hero should use Hulk as a role model.

This is my first impulse, since the characters all look so stupid, and since I have no knowledge of them from the comics. However, I would be more inclined to buy anything if it came with a Minimate than if it didn't. . .as long as the Minimate looked kind of cool. If it comes sans Minimate, then I will certainly not buy this DVD, nor will I likely ever watch it.

Edited by karamazov80