UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Next X-Men Wave!

Chronotrigger

Would you buy this wave?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy this wave?

• Yes
    • No

Would you buy these as the next X-Men related wave? These are there X-Men #1 Jim Lee inspired costumes with the exception of Deadpool of course.

1) Cyclops and Psylocke

2) Deadpool and Storm

3) Gambit and Jean Grey

Variant X-Factor Jean Grey and Gambit

I tried to pair the "brand new" minimate characters with the others who have already had minimate versions.

Edited by Chronotrigger

Would you buy these as the next X-Men related wave? These are there X-Men #1 Jim Lee inspired costumes with the exception of Deadpool of course.

1) Cyclops and Psylocke

2) Deadpool and Storm

3) Gambit and Jean Grey

Variant X-Factor Jean Grey and Gambit

I tried to pair the "brand new" minimate characters with the others who have already had minimate versions.

Too many repeat characters.

i wonder if they're going to make a movie deadpool and gambit... and/or include them in any movie-milking wolverine waves/box sets.

anyhoo. an x-men wave seems to me to be much more likely to have a wolverine than not. it'll also likely have one or two repeats of key players. but i'd like to see:

Gambit/Mr. Sinister

Team Costume Wolverine [extra non-claw hands]/Deadpool

Captain Britain/Jim Lee Psylocke

chose this wolverine for the quick-custom potential. :D the variant could be the Crimson Dawn Psylocke instead of Jim Lee-era Psylocke, or Udon Deadpool [or Marvel Girl costume Deadpool!] instead of 616 Deadpool.

Edited by lastmaximal

i wonder if they're going to make a movie deadpool and gambit... and/or include them in any movie-milking wolverine waves/box sets.

anyhoo. an x-men wave seems to me to be much more likely to have a wolverine than not. it'll also likely have one or two repeats of key players. but i'd like to see:

Gambit/Mr. Sinister

Team Costume Wolverine [extra non-claw hands]/Deadpool

Captain Britain/Jim Lee Psylocke

chose this wolverine for the quick-custom potential. :D the variant could be the Crimson Dawn Psylocke instead of Jim Lee-era Psylocke, or Udon Deadpool [or Marvel Girl costume Deadpool!] instead of 616 Deadpool.

I'd go with this version of the wave!! it hits a lot of cool characters. Perhaps the variant should be the ever cool skeletal wolverine ( printed on a clear mate) or perhaps weapon X Wolverine?

Also awesome to see you guys giving some love to Capt Britain, I've been campaigning for a Cap B./Psylocke two pack for years.

T.

p.s. KM80, Betsy Braddock used to be blonde WAY back in the day!

T.

Is it her pre-U.S. appearances? I actually have a few of the huge, UK Captain Britain comics that Alan Davis worked on, and since they were black and white, I didn't know this was the case. . .

Also mark me down as an advocate of painted-on-clear-blank skeleton Wolvie. That would be freakin' awesome.

I would definitely get this set. As far as repeating characters...I don't have a problem with that as long as they are in significantly important costumes and we need to see the Jim Lee era made. They weren't my favorite designs but they are arguably the X-Men's best known costumes. You can never have too many Storms or Jean Greys. :P

Edited by Chazwinski

T.

Is it her pre-U.S. appearances? I actually have a few of the huge, UK Captain Britain comics that Alan Davis worked on, and since they were black and white, I didn't know this was the case. . .

Also mark me down as an advocate of painted-on-clear-blank skeleton Wolvie. That would be freakin' awesome.

Heh.. Yeah you'd probaly have to go back to the late 70's to find a blonde Betsy... Also any flashbacks to childhood tend to be blonde!

T.

Other than Gambit and Deadpool, I'm not interested. I never did like the Jim Lee costumes: too dynamic and busy for me. GSXM all the way!

And I wuld love a Banshee, but he has to come with Black Tom with variant Tree-Man Black Tom.

With that two-pack, Gambit, Jubilee, Gladiator, Eric the Red, and Lilandra I can finally mate my dream come true: The Minimate Juggernaut Bitch!!!

I would definitely get this set. As far as repeating characters...I don't have a problem with that as long as they are in significantly important costumes and we need to see the Jim Lee era made. They weren't my favorite designs but they are arguably the X-Men's best known costumes. You can never have too many Storms or Jean Greys. :P

Exactly. These versions are pretty well known. I don't mind repeating characters as long as they're in different costumes. And these are 6 needed versions.

Other than Gambit and Deadpool, I'm not interested. I never did like the Jim Lee costumes: too dynamic and busy for me. GSXM all the way!

And I wuld love a Banshee, but he has to come with Black Tom with variant Tree-Man Black Tom.

With that two-pack, Gambit, Jubilee, Gladiator, Eric the Red, and Lilandra I can finally mate my dream come true: The Minimate Juggernaut Bitch!!!

Nice wave. But characters like Gladiator, Eric the Red or Lilandra (possibly even Jubilee) I doubt can support an entire full release wave. I could see them in something more of an exclusive 4 pack, but even then they'd have to have more of the recognizable characters to booster them.

You can never have too many Storms or Jean Greys. :P

I'll second that :P !!

These are some of the most recognizable costumes for them and I would love to get a set of these. I don't mind getting the same character if they choose the right costume and not something lame for the sake of filling a slot. Tank top Wolvie and Riot Spiderman, I'm looking at you..... :angry:

Nah, I love me some X-Men and when I think of packs you gotta go like this:

Dazzler and Longshot

Forge and Banshee

if you had to get a wolvie in the wave who better to pair him with then jubilee

psylocke and gambit

and im all for the jim lee suits hes my fav artist

Nice wave. But characters like Gladiator, Eric the Red or Lilandra (possibly even Jubilee) I doubt can support an entire full release wave. I could see them in something more of an exclusive 4 pack, but even then they'd have to have more of the recognizable characters to booster them.

This is what I think would work for those characters and this is NOT a wave planner for me. It's just two packs that I think would work out:

Lilandra and Professor X (He was never too widely released in the first place)

Gladiator and Deathbird (Good villainess)

Banshee and Black Tom

Eric the Red and Dark Phoenix (She wasn't released too widely either. And as for you who will say "The Target packs", well, I bet I'm not the only one whose Target never even saw these Minimates)

Gambit and Mr. Sinister

Deadpool and Battle Damaged Wolverine. Or maybe a beefier Cable. But I'd rather have BD Wolvie personally because it's the one good Wolvie variant we don't have.

Just throwing this out there, but in the wave we get Psylocke from, I'd want the variant to be Revanche.

Just because inevitably, I want to have ALL the X-Men, every last one, and that's the only friggin way we'll ever get Revanche. Her being such an obscure character and all.

My ideal lineup for the next X-Men wave would be...

Longshot & Dazzler

Psylocke & Gambit

Jubilee & Banshee

Variant Revanche & Gambit

Ideally I'd leave out any repeats, but since we all know that probably won't happen, I'd say swap Banshee with a new Wolverine variant. Probably an updated version of his classic costume.

Sorry Deadpool fans. I want him just as much as you do, but I'd rather have all the actual X-Men 1st, so I had to cut him. As for Storm & Jean's 90's costumes, I could live without them both. My prefered Jean is the Phoenix costume, which we're getting soon, and I'm fine with 1st appearance Storm. Cyclops I wouldn't mind having in his 90s costume, but I'm fine with Astonishing Cyclops for now.

Ideally I'd leave out any repeats, but since we all know that probably won't happen, I'd say swap Banshee with a new Wolverine variant. Probably an updated version of his classic costume.

Are you saying you'd rather have friggen Longshot than Banshee? What's wrong with you?

I'd buy this wave, but really the only ones that really excite me are Deadpool and Gambit.

I like the Jim Lee Costumes, but not enough that I would want repeat figures (though I'm sure they are inevitable)

My X-dreamwave as disjointed as it may be would probably consist of:

-Classic Sunfire/90's Sabertooth

-Classic Banshee/Modern Warpath

-Deadpool/Gambit

Variant: AOA Sunfire

I think that with the recent remakes of Venom, and Symbiote Spider Man (early wave characters) I think the most approprate chocies would be:

Professor X (hopefully in the yellow hover chair)

Adamantium Wolverine

Revitalized Magneto with some sort of Magnetism projectile like the street fighters

Excalibur Night Crawler with a sword

Banshee

Sabertooth-- the one everyone wants

Variant

Sunfire for Banshee-- but have enough extras to have both the original sunfire and the more modern sunfire

I think that with the recent remakes of Venom, and Symbiote Spider Man (early wave characters) I think the most approprate chocies would be:

Professor X (hopefully in the yellow hover chair)

Adamantium Wolverine

Revitalized Magneto with some sort of Magnetism projectile like the street fighters

Excalibur Night Crawler with a sword

Banshee

Sabertooth-- the one everyone wants

Variant

Sunfire for Banshee-- but have enough extras to have both the original sunfire and the more modern sunfire

Now this is a wave of Marvel that i enjoy! Not like i hate the others, because they were all i would get at the time (except for the cancelled street fighters), but i want to work for DC so i favor them. I like the idea of a variant sunfire, and i like it even more with interchangeable parts! My only issus is that Wolvie would have to be a no-go. We have like what, 17? That's probably an exaggeration, but we just have too many. How about another newbie, like another badie for instance? A wave with only Magneto as an evildoer is no fun. Maybe Darkhawk from Toad's Brotherhood? Here's a reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkhawk. Heck, maybe we could even try Toad himself, since he's always been Magneto's "servant-boy." Either way, it sounds nice!