UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SPOILER The Dark Knight

Trekker 42

Today I bought my tickets to The Dark Knight midnight. I was wondering if anyone else is seeing it in the early morning and if everyone else is an excited for The Dark Knight as I am. I don't think I've ever had higher expectations going into a film. Ever.

So are you going to see it at midnight? Is everyone pumped for what is looking to be he greatest film ever made? And is everyone looking foreward to seeing Heath Ledger's (God rest his soul) last completed performance on the big screen?

For me it's yes to all

Oh and by the way, if you actually plan to skip The Dark Knight, you must not have seen Batman Begins. Do yourself a favor and watch Batman Begins: it's near perfection. There is only one film in the superhero genre that comes close and that's Iron Man. It is he best superhero movie I've ever seen.

Edited by Trekker 42

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm excited, though not midnight showing excited. In fact, I have never been to a midnight show... I should try it some time.

I hear Ledger's performance is spectacular. However, I worry if all this hype is simply a way to honor his death. Which would ultimately leave me disappointed. You'll have to let me know when you get back from the midnight showing.

I'm excited, though not midnight showing excited. In fact, I have never been to a midnight show... I should try it some time.

I hear Ledger's performance is spectacular. However, I worry if all this hype is simply a way to honor his death. Which would ultimately leave me disappointed. You'll have to let me know when you get back from the midnight showing.

Never been to a midnight showing? Oh man, it's a blast. I've been to two before this one and they were Pirates 2 and Superman Returns. Dude, you should have seen all of the people dressed up as pirates at Dead Man's Chest. I ran into three of my friends there and all three of them were in pirate outfits. Hilarious.

There is one midnight showing I truly regret missing and it is the midnight LOTRthon If only I could have done that... that would have been awesome. BTW: that's where they showed all three of the Lord of the Rings films continuously at the release of Return of the King. Not only did you get to see all of the LOTR films at once on the big screen but you also saw Return of the King for the first time which was Kick-Ass in itself.

I'll see it next Tuesday around noon or so. I don't like crowded theaters--the chances of encountering loud and/or annoying assholes increases.

I saw the first showings for 2 movies that I can remember: Star Trek VI and Halloween H20. For the first, a bunch of guys dressed up like Spock, etc. were there. It was bizarre and creepy. For the latter, Michael Myers showed up after the opening credits! And proceeded to run some women clean out of the theater. It was hilarious.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I actually can't believe that I haven't been to more opening showings of movies. If a guy dressed like Joker walked around scaring the audience, then I would definitely brave the large, annoying crowd.

Edited by karamazov80

I've been to two midnight premieres. The Phantom Menace, and Dick Tracy. For Tracy, everyone was hoping to see another Tim Burton Batman movie - boy were we disappointed. Your ticket was a special Dick Tracy t-shirt with the image of a movie ticket (natch) on the front. So imagine a theater half-full of small-town Iowa's geekiest kids, all wearing the same t-shirt. Bullies would have had a field day, if they had known about it! As far as Phantom Menace goes, the first thing I said at 2 in the morning when the movie was done, was, "that was weird." I tried all that summer to love that film, but it never came together for me.

My days of midnight premieres are behind me; I'd much rather go to a weekend matinee. But I will say that Dark Knight is my most anticipated movie of '08!

Also, the title of this thread would make for a great talk show.

Edited by JadOnTV

Man, when I was a kid, I was in love with the Dick Tracy movie. Well, actually, I loved Flattop. He had a great, sadistic attitude, and his death scene seemed so dramatic and awesome when I was a kid. Now, I love my Mez-Its version of him. At that point in time, I might have been the only 10 year old in the country whose favorite villain was Flattop.

Also, the title of this thread would make for a great talk show.
came to mind when you posted this.

I just read the first comment on that video

"i liked rhonda...she looks better than most women i've seen" :D

Edited by karamazov80

i'll be going thursday at 7 pm, prescreening tickets, free, courtesy of hot topic, its not the tuesday night free screening the ppl who played the virals got (and i missed :( ) but its still early, and then again on friday at 10 in IMAX

FUNNY U SHOULD MENTION IT!!

i followed the virals and GOT my free advanced screening for tuesday.

it was possibly the highlight of my summer (til i actually SEE Dark Knight of course) and i was gona come on here to see if anyone else was fortunate enuff to get one too. cept now it seems im just here to gloat....so if u dont mind....

OH I AM MORE THAN FRIGGIN EXCITED FOR THIS!!! barely slept last nite!! DARK KNIGHT!!WOOOOO!!

*does the batusi*

i'll be going thursday at 7 pm, prescreening tickets, free, courtesy of hot topic, its not the tuesday night free screening the ppl who played the virals got (and i missed :( ) but its still early, and then again on friday at 10 in IMAX

it was possibly the highlight of my summer (til i actually SEE Dark Knight of course) and i was gona come on here to see if anyone else was fortunate enuff to get one too. cept now it seems im just here to gloat....so if u dont mind....

OH I AM MORE THAN FRIGGIN EXCITED FOR THIS!!! barely slept last nite!! DARK KNIGHT!!WOOOOO!!

*does the batusi*

lucy bastard....

you want to bring me along

*does the batusi*

Do us all a favor and NO SPOILERS. At all. Not even in tags. I, for one, only want to know what the traiolers said ahead of time. No spoilers, please.

Oh, and by the way, I was trying to make it sound like a talk show when I named it. That was intentional.

Oh i understand....i would expect the same curtesy if it were the other way around.... however once enuf time has passed...i expect an EPIC conversation about what will very likely be the most EPIC movie ever!!! :D

Edited by NNY

Oh i understand....i would expect the same curtesy if it were the other way around.... however once enuf time has passed...i expect an EPIC conversation about what will very likely be the most EPIC movie ever!!! :D

Oh, most definately. at least leave off any spoilers until after opening weekend. that's fair enough, I think.

ur damn right its epic, its the goddamn batman and the JOKER IS BACK WHOOOOO

also, nny, i def remember seeing u at the batsignal lighting on tuesday

Aw really? i was mostly likely either running around aimlessly or in a corner sweaty and clinging to water bottle for dear life. or after the signal was lit...WIDE-EYED w/ awe! XD