UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Chazwinski's Minimate designs!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as most of you know, I am not adept at making customs. I just like designing them. However, I have really wanted a Black Canary minimate for a while.

I just purchased a minimate custom on ebay because, I had no clue how I would do fishnets & the guy who made this custom did a pretty good job on them (at least in the photos). The thing that bothers me is that she doesn't have a jacket and she uses a Jean Grey head with green eyes instead of blue.

I've decided to use a Silken Floss torso & blacken out the white lines.

I also considered using a 90s Storm arms since they are poofy at top, but I'd have to paint more & I'm not so comfortable messing my Xtra Storm just for that (I'm still undecided).

I'll be replacing the head with a BSG Pegasus Six which I feel has a beautiful face with blue eyes.

I'm also getting a BSG Starbuck (long hair) to see how that hairpiece will look.

I can't wait for all this to come in, so I can put it together and show some before and after pics. :biggrin:

Edited by Chazwinski

• 2 weeks later...

I received my Black Canary custom in the mail as shown in the first picture. It's pretty nice but of course like most figures with real fish-nets, it looks better in the front than in the back. Still, the seller did a fantastic job to be working on such a small scale:

post-2001-1278637256_thumb.jpg

However, I wanted her jacket, so I blackened out the white lines on Silken Floss. I also wanted a slightly different look. My Pegasus Six hasn't come in the mail yet, so I'm using Red Dress Six's head temporarily:

post-2001-1278637405_thumb.jpg

What do you guys think of my changes? Does it look closer to BC?

I received my Black Canary custom in the mail as shown in the first picture. It's pretty nice but of course like most figures with real fish-nets, it looks better in the front than in the back. Still, the seller did a fantastic job to be working on such a small scale:

post-2001-1278637256_thumb.jpg

However, I wanted her jacket, so I blackened out the white lines on Silken Floss. I also wanted a slightly different look. My Pegasus Six hasn't come in the mail yet, so I'm using Red Dress Six's head temporarily:

post-2001-1278637405_thumb.jpg

What do you guys think of my changes? Does it look closer to BC?

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moc847

Oh yeah -good touch with the jacket.with the fishnets is there a seam up the back how bad is it if you dont mind me asking

Oh yeah -good touch with the jacket.with the fishnets is there a seam up the back how bad is it if you dont mind me asking

The seam in the back is very wide, but the customizer did a good job of making it lay flat, so that the figure still looks good from the side, it only looks odd from the back. In his defense, even the official action figures of Black Canary that use actual fabric suffer from the same problem.

Very neat trick with fish nets. What's the secret to applying those?

I've been trying to figure out how he did it, but I haven't wanted to mess with the legs too much as the nets are so delicate, I'd hate to mess it up. You CAN move the legs in different poses, but it makes me nervous. I'd hate to rip it. ;)

• 1 month later...

very awsome-our house is definitly a true blood house -my wife and I are true blood nerds all the way -you got Jessica perfect!!

id love to see designs of Eric Pam and Godric- what aim i saying all the true blood characters would make a awsome minimates.thank you for making Jessica beggers arnt choosers she turned out great :)

sweeeet! Eric is fantastic

Edited by eclipse

you are rockin the true blood these look friggin great

Dude! That Aldo rocks!

You've done such a great job capturing Pitt's face in cartoon/minimate form. You might have to start making decals soon! :thumbsup:

i agree 100 percent

I was just looking at some of the differences in the Movie Superman costumes today, Here's the Christopher Reeve version next to the Brandon Routh version:

post-2001-1283113155_thumb.jpg

Also Pam Ravenscroft from True Blood. I confess I don't know a lot about her other than sometimes she looks all Goth and sometimes all Avon-lady. I know she's Eric's progeny...that's about it.

post-2001-1283123930_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chazwinski

• 2 months later...