UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel select All-Stars series 3

pickle

From the recently announced Marvel Select All-Star series 3 figures from DST there will be a couple new figures, one will be a three-pack of Skrulls. They say this is to celebrate the Secret Invasion story. From the picture it looks like the same Skrull from the Skrull / Brood Marvel Select two-pack from a short time ago. This is a most cool idea, but what I think would be a more cool idea would be to have made a Skrull three-pack for Minimates. They already have the head, the paint scheme and could add the short feet (from the likes of Penguin from DCD) to make the Skrulls look shorter. Bang, zoom, Minimates made.I just find it strange that DST will make army builders for the Regular sized figurines (Skrull, Brood) alongside Hasbro with their Hydra soldiers and upcoming Legend army builders, yet not do the same for minimates. I believe that Marvel Minimate army builder sets would do extremely well.

How many times do you see us the fans look for extras of Super Skrull and Nick Fury to customize our own tiny armies or squads? I would love to see Marvel follow the lead of Battlestar Galactica (Cylons) and have a box of twelve individual characters or even multi-packs of the same. I mean, even Lego has come out with small sets specifically for Stormtroopers and Rebel Troopers, and they fly off the shelf at the local retail stores. The demand is there and it would be nice to see DST let Marvel mates join in. How many Cylons do you have in your Minimates collection (given you like BSG)? Me, 86 with more always on the way. And if I could, I would have 86 Skrulls standing right beside them.

Are there any of you who feel the same way? And more importantly, what do we need?

Skrulls? Shield Agents? both male and female? Hydra agents? Kree?

who am I missing?

I would love to see some Skrull army-builders, but I'm not sure how well they would sell, honestly. I think the base of Minimate fans may be too small to justify trying to sell soldier-fodder like you see with Star Wars, GI Joe, even Marvel Legends. I think that having, say, a Skrull/Kree 2-pack in a forthcoming wave might work well, as you might get casual fans as well as army builders to say "hey, that's pretty cool, a Kree and a Skrull!" But trying to sell, say, 3 Skrulls together as its own thing, I don't know. . .might go the way of the Cylon 5-packs and the LOTR archers.

From the recently announced Marvel Select All-Star series 3 figures from DST there will be a couple new figures, one will be a three-pack of Skrulls. They say this is to celebrate the Secret Invasion story. From the picture it looks like the same Skrull from the Skrull / Brood Marvel Select two-pack from a short time ago. This is a most cool idea, but what I think would be a more cool idea would be to have made a Skrull three-pack for Minimates. They already have the head, the paint scheme and could add the short feet (from the likes of Penguin from DCD) to make the Skrulls look shorter. Bang, zoom, Minimates made.I just find it strange that DST will make army builders for the Regular sized figurines (Skrull, Brood) alongside Hasbro with their Hydra soldiers and upcoming Legend army builders, yet not do the same for minimates. I believe that Marvel Minimate army builder sets would do extremely well.

How many times do you see us the fans look for extras of Super Skrull and Nick Fury to customize our own tiny armies or squads? I would love to see Marvel follow the lead of Battlestar Galactica (Cylons) and have a box of twelve individual characters or even multi-packs of the same. I mean, even Lego has come out with small sets specifically for Stormtroopers and Rebel Troopers, and they fly off the shelf at the local retail stores. The demand is there and it would be nice to see DST let Marvel mates join in. How many Cylons do you have in your Minimates collection (given you like BSG)? Me, 86 with more always on the way. And if I could, I would have 86 Skrulls standing right beside them.

Are there any of you who feel the same way? And more importantly, what do we need?

Skrulls? Shield Agents? both male and female? Hydra agents? Kree?

who am I missing?

Totally agree, they should do simple hencemen single pack mini's or even a wave...

Henchmen

1 Hand ninja / Hydra agent

2 AIM Goon / Shield agent

3 Skrull warrior / Kree warrior

Was one of the waves I suggested in the "what if minimates ended thread."

I also have this question wiating patiently in the Q&A...

"1A) Single packed, Hand Ninja's, AIM guys, Shield Agents, Skrulls or generally any of the Marvel army builder type characters would make an awesome comic store 'by the register' impulse buy line for minimates... What are the chances of this happening? or does the marvel license exclude single packed minimates?"

T.

As much as I love the idea, you have to think for a sec, Secret Invasion just started. I'm sure they are working on something to commemorate SI but with Iron Man, Hulk, and the waves coming out at the end of the year we shouldn't hold our breath. I would bet they would come closer to this time next year. But as far as the SHIELD Agents I totally agree, I would love to see some more army builders come out. TBT your single pack idea is a good idea. But I would personally buy twelve if I saw them so I think the boxset or two pack idea would work for my wallet. But that's just because I am the type of person that would fall for an impulse item like that. I have seriously like no willpower....... :(

I'm wondering about the Marvel Selects here for a moment. I was under the impression that the license had run out. So how are they still able to make these?

Also, what ever happened to Ult Venom? I never ever saw him in the stores. :(

I'm wondering about the Marvel Selects here for a moment. I was under the impression that the license had run out. So how are they still able to make these?

Also, what ever happened to Ult Venom? I never ever saw him in the stores. :(

Ult Venom came out, he was just really popular!

From what I remember it was just the resin Marvel products that they can no longer produce.

Back on topic.

Glad you agree with me TBT!, I can't wait to see your answer, hopefully it will be better then the answer we usually get about the henchmen.

It would be neat to see DST try some sort of trial for army builders. I remember once upon a time they tried something with Battlestar Galactica and limited two types of molds to 450 cases each (they say 500 but all the boxes say 450). Each case had the same mold but different paint. This could be done with Marvel. Take the popular Skrulls for the new invasion story (also found in the FF4 cartoon) and SHIELD agents. The SHIELD agents could have different decals and be male and female.

Limit the number of sets or cases making them sought after, pick a recent trend/story line and take a risk that will have a better payback then the likes of 24 or Kellogs could ever have. All I am asking is to give the little guys who live in the little fantasy world (Mavel Universe) for one reason a chance.

pickle out.

Oh, and the reason they live is to be crushed by the Hulk, Stabbed by Elektra, blown up and.... well... to die in general.

:D

Army builders aren't really my thing, but I think they make perfect sense for a line like this, and would be a smart move on their part. And even though I don't army build I would want at least one of each type anyway.

Stuff I'd really like to see:

-Skrulls

-Krees

-Guardsmen

-Bob Agent of Hydra (from Deadpool)

-Maybe a Mandroid armor.