UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Females suffering from "The Rachel"?!?!

ARE-JAY

New X-men Phoenix Hairpiece  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Thoughts?

• Enough already- Retire it!
    • Keep using it- I like em sporting the same hair style!
    • Use when approprite for the character!
    • Ehh, never noticed.

With the new Dagger minimate coming, the total females sporting the New X-Men Phoenix hairpiece will be a whopping 7! While it is a nice hairpiece & suitable for certain characters, its becoming more and more obvious when you look at your collection. There are so many more great hairpieces available so it made me wonder why the constant reuse and your opinions on the subject. I've since asked the question in DST's Q&A and hope to get an official answer soon =)

So what do you guys think? Please vote and discuss as I'd like to know your opinions =) And in regards to the title, "The Rachel" was a haircut that Jennifer Aniston had during the show "Friends" which quickly became an extremely popular haircut lol

Now for your viewing pleasure, the evidence:

0504082228.jpg

This is actually my favorite of the generic female hair pieces, other ones have been used almost as much; Dark Pheonix-Shadowcat-Firestar, or Ultimate Storm-Rouge-Astonsihing Emma Frost. If they are going to reuse one of the three I'm glad they reuse this hair. As far as new hairpiece sculpts go, they are nice to have, but rarely neccessary. They hairpieces we already have seem to work very well for most characters.

When you look at them together, it annoys me that we have so many with the same piece, but looking at them individually, the hair piece works really well for each of them. I'm so glad She-Hulk never got that piece, like the prototype did. The Ult. Storm piece works so much better for her.

Tbh I would like there to be a few more hairpieces available, like the DCD ones, but I like the more basic, comic book look of the marvel mates.

When you look at them together, it annoys me that we have so many with the same piece, but looking at them individually, the hair piece works really well for each of them. I'm so glad She-Hulk never got that piece, like the prototype did. The Ult. Storm piece works so much better for her.

See, I disagree. I think the Jean works better than the Storm on Shulkie, and was quite disappointed when we didn't get it on her. I feel it added a better sense of mass to the character that it's lacking.

My only problem with the Jean piece is there's no pug. I wish they'd added a peg when they did the Target wave and people were getting them for $0.75 apiece. I've got so many of that hair piece, but it falls off. At least it's easy to customize.

Although I actually prefer the Emma Frost hairpiece it just depends on the character. But that the beauty of Mates you can always swap and paint if you don't like the hairstyle. I just can't wait until my BSG Mates get here so I can get rid of the 60's do Sue Richards came with. Sorry but I hate that with a passion...

Although I actually prefer the Emma Frost hairpiece it just depends on the character. But that the beauty of Mates you can always swap and paint if you don't like the hairstyle. I just can't wait until my BSG Mates get here so I can get rid of the 60's do Sue Richards came with. Sorry but I hate that with a passion...

Yeah the 60's hair on Sue dates her. No wonder no other minimate has ever used that hairpiece.

Personally, I am a little tired of the Phoenix/Black Cat/Ms. Marvel hairpiece. Mostly in wave 10 when all 4 of the females had the hair. It was overkill. Although it looks good on Ms. Marvel, I think it is time for some new styles.

I do feel that the Storm/Rogue/Emma hairpiece is underused, I like that one. The Dark Phoenix/Shadowcat/Firestar one has never appealed to me.

I don't mind any of the other 3 hairpiece reuse so far as they have only been used 3 times each and have worked quite well. But once it has been used 3 or 4 times, I think they got there money out of it lol I mean at least give a rest for a couple waves! I really do hope that Dagger gets a different hairpiece as I don't even think it fits her all that well but I wont hold my breath!

Just when I think the trend may be over it seems the Marvel guys have gave into "The Rachel" as well! Its like a virus I tell you!!! lol

0504082242.jpg

Edited by ARE-JAY

I don't mind any of the other 3 hairpiece reuse so far as they have only been used 3 times each and have worked quite well. But once it has been used 3 or 4 times, I think they got there money out of it lol I mean at least give a rest for a couple waves! I really do hope that Dagger gets a different hairpiece as I don't even think it fits her all that well but I wont hold my breath!

Just when I think the trend may be over it seems the Marvel guys have gave into "The Rachel" as well! Its like a virus I tell you!!! lol

0504082242.jpg

I see you've got the rare Kingpin variant. ;)

While Wave 10 was a bit much, IMO it is a a female hair piece that can stand being reused, unlike most of the others which are fairly speific styles. The Storm on Shulkie also made me weep for this reason, if I look at her hair all I keep seeing is that frigging lightning bolt :(

The Sabertooth one has the same problem but mangified due to the distinct and unique molding to work with Sabertooth's coat. At least Nitro doesn't have a cape, but still guessing it sits slightly off kilter like Raft Sentry.

The reason its called "The Rachel" in this thread is because as was said in the first post is how popular a hairpiece it is because when friends was on air the Rachel haircut was the trendy one for females to copy

2) What's the reason for the constant reuse of the New X-Men Phoenix Hairpiece? Currently sporting the same haircut are: New X-Men Jean Grey, Black Cat, Silver Sable, Spider-Woman I, Spider-woman II, Miss Marvel AND the upcoming Dagger.

DSTChuck: Its better then the MJ hair.

Well there you have it, they are all sporting the same hairstyle simple because its better than sporting MJ's hairstyle. Silly me, should have known that... *rolls eyes*

I would have preferred an honest "Were lazy" response but ehh *shrugs shoulders*