UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Problems with AFX

H-7

Has anyone else had problems with AFX? I placed my order Monday the 21st. I order a set of the Civil war and Defenders since I didnt have them. Later monday I received an email saying my order would ship soon and that I will receive another email when it does ship. Well by friday i still have not received a 2nd email. I called and there customer service sucks its only available for calls between 1pm pst/pdt to 7pm pst/pdt. Even during those times no one answers! So on Thursday the 24th I called and I left a message, received no call back. I tried again Friday and just kept getting the automated recording. Monday the 28th I emailed customer services asking about my order. Each message and email was tactful and nice as well. I also called monday afternoon and left a 2nd message asking to please call me back or at least reply to my email. Finally after this message they replied to my email. They informed me that the Defenders sets were damaged and they were waiting on replacements. They said the replacements would be in "Sometime this week". Im annoyed that they didnt think it neccessary to tell me this last week in an email or something. They took the money and I have yet to receive my order. So I emailed them back asking for an ETA on when the replacement would be in. Again I am told "Sometime this week". I deal with distributors almost everyday. I can get an ETA on when my package is suppose to be in. I know how long it takes me to get packages from different states. AFX's customer service is horrible! I will not be ordering anything from them in the future either.

Im just wondering if anyone else has had any problems with them.

Quite the opposite with my experiences with them. They've always been pretty good customer service wise, though I recommend emailing rather than calling.

Also lets be honest if you are jumping up and down a whole 3 days after placing the order then it's not surprising you are getting moderate responses, especially during the week where they are probably flooded with orders for the Civ War set after the NY Con.

If you are really that unhappy with them then why not just go ahead and cancel the order & get a refund?

T.

p.s. I see that's your first post... Welcome to the Forums!

One thing I would advise with AFX: patience. Even then they're not known to be the most... user friendly of stores. You won't find a whole lot of people around here that hate them to death, but the line for voucing for them ain't that long either. They definitely have problems.

I ordered some stuff from them back in Dec I think, when they were having their huge sale. I got it fast once it actually shipped, but I paid through the nose and my package was beat all to heck and back.

But yeah. If you were going on 2 weeks I'd be a bit livid. But after just a week, I'd be expecting a package any day now. Aaaaany day now... >.>

BTW, welcome

The email i received saying that my order was shipping soon said to contact them after 4 days if i had no received a 2nd email saying that the order shipped. so i do not think its over reacting since i didnt talk to them till 7 days/5 business days after the order was placed. Its hard not to get antsy, people here already have them and post pictures and i cant wait to get my set!

I ordered a package from AFX recently. The shipping ended up having some surprising extra charges. It also cost me through the nose just like it did for TM2 Dinobot. Then, when it finally got to me, the variant pack was beat to sh... well, you know. So I will never order through them again, unless they are the only place I can get it, which does not seem the case anymore for their "exclusives."

But honestly, I have had problems with Stuckakid (don't use them anymore) and scifigenre. I have even had troubles with my own Comic shop(s) with stuff being weeks or even months late. If it even showed up at all.

No sense on getting all bent out of shape about these things. Everybody has a hard time sometimes when collecting toys. It comes with the territory.

I've become quite philosophical about AFX,although I've had some bloody awful service from them they have given us some pretty darn good exclusives this year. I used to consider their shipping expensive but their shipping is no more expensive than any other. Each time I have had a problem,I've emailed & they've responded positively. Just recently their stock levels seem dire & I genuinely believe that they are now concentrating on what they consider to be the best sellers.

I made my first order with AFX to get the Civil War Set when it was released.

Everything went as it should have.

The only thing I didn't like was their shipping,but I guess it wasn't too bad.

E-party Unlimited (i think that's the name) wasn't too good though.

Everything went right until my package arrived...I got my Emma Frost two pack,SpiderWoman 2 two pack, but instead of getting my Invisible Woman two pack I got the Sue Storm one. <_<

Then I called and e-mailed customer service many times and they would not get back to me. :angry:

So I'm stuck with a Sue Storm two pack which I already got two of before for $0.01.

I have ordered quite a few times from AFX and I only had only problem with placing seperate orders and they were shipped in one box and I was charged twice for sihpping. This was resolved quickly with an e-mail they refunded one of my shipping charges. Everything else with them has been awesome. Packages arrive quickly for me and have always shipped within a few days of the shipping soon notification. As with any online store I have used there has been a little bad with mostly good and so I just appreciate the fact that I get some new minimates!

I have had a nightmare dealing dealing with AFX. Get this, I ordered the Civil War set and it arrived with two Spidey masks and no Iron Man mask!. They responded quickly, and I was told by phone that the mask would be sent to me shortly. I just received it and they sent me a whole new pack of Civil War mates, minus the Iron Man mask!!! Unbelievable. MidtownComics.com gets these exclusives in stock and sells them online. Much cheaper shipping, and ten times better service. I'm currently waiting for a reply to this second shipment, and I'll post on this thread what AFX does to rectify this.

Its unfortunate to hear of the service you have recieved. I don't consider it typical of AFX. They have a reputation for expensive shipping charges, but otherwise, they seem committed to making happy customers.

I don't mean to knock AFX, guys. After all, these are the people who brought us the amazing Defenders set. I'm merely stating what happened to me. I've also ordered a Luke Cage/Raft Sentry from them in the past, and the variant figure was broken. But I did get a message on my phone (I missed the call because ironically I went to go see the incredibly awesome Iron Man movie! Hint: stay until after the credits!) about my problem and AFX seems as bewildered as me how I managed to receive two packs that were missing an Iron Man mask. I honestly believe it isn't their fault, but perhaps Art Asylum's or whoever packs these things up. Anyway, they assured me that they will personally take a set apart and send me the Iron Man mask.

You can't deny that if you were me, and you received defective merchandise from the same company 3 out of 4 times that you ordered from them, your faith in said company would be a little shaky afterwards. All this, and their shipping prices are ridiculous.

Oh, and I'm not a Trekkie, karamazov80, so please educate me; what the hell is a Spock Elf?!

Edited by Mate-iac

Oh, and I'm not a Trekkie, karamazov80, so please educate me; what the hell is a Spock Elf?!

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=526

On a serious note, I had an issue where AFX combined 2 separate orders of mine for shipping (during the W.A.S. deal), and they only had one Spidey on the invoice. I e-mailed them, they corrected the mistake quickly and politely, and everything was gravy. I've ordered from them 4 times or so, and it was always fine.