UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

FIRST Championship

Trekker 42

There is a robotics competition called FIRST in town on the 16th and 17th. Basically these are groups of robots playing robot NASCAR with a twist. Hard to explain without a visual aid.

Anyway, if you can come, look for the team with the Green Smileys on the shirt. You can't miss 'em. that is the team I'm on. I probably won't be nearby because I'll be referreing the Lego division, but it's a whole lot of fun. Oh, and you get free stuff from the teams. You probably can make a mail shirt of the buttons you'll get.

BTW anyone involved with FIRST here?

Edited by Trekker 42

There is a robotics competition called FIRST in town on the 16th and 17th. Basically these are groups of robots playing robot NASCAR with a twist. Hard to explain without a visual aid.

Anyway, if you can come, look for the team with the Green Smileys on the shirt. You can't miss 'em. that is the team I'm on. I probably won't be nearby because I'll be referreing the Lego division, but it's a whole lot of fun. Oh, and you get free stuff from the teams. You probably can make a mail shirt of the buttons you'll get.

Sadly not going to be in Atlanta for the 17th, We do however expect pictures of you in your green smiley T-shirt and button-mail-shirt.

T.

Sadly not going to be in Atlanta for the 17th, We do however expect pictures of you in your green smiley T-shirt and button-mail-shirt.

T.

Sorry TBT,but I will never put a picture of myself on a forum. However, if you find the Forsyth Alliance, you will be able to see our award-winning green smiley.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

We lost. Our division lost in the final rounds and we didn't even make the alliance to get in the finals. But at least it wasn't a total loss, I got to lead pretty much all of the high school techno geeks in the YMCA on the final field during a live NASA TV broadcast and attend the greatest party ever afterwards. If anyone lives in Atlanta and heard the fireworks from Centinnial Olympic, that's what it was for.

It was a good day.

Sorry to hear that. . .take solace in the knowledge that our future robot lords will take mercy upon "creators" such as yourself, allowing you to engage in menial labor and simply making you impotent and giving you a lobotomy, removing your higher cognitive functions, instead of simply feeding you into the energy converter devices, as will happen to the rest of us.