UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Which one do you guys think is rarer?

OrionEXL

Which is Iceman is Rarer in your opinion: Clear, Frosted, or Blue tinted?

Seeing as how my brothers favorite character is Iceman Ive been searching for him all over the place. Torpedo Comics had some clear ones in stock but I left town for 2 days and they where all gone by then <_< he seems to be be quite a challenge to find.

Hard to say, but I'd guess that Blue tinted is one of the favorites. This may make it harder to find.

Frosted is the variant of the series, so it is more rare than Clear.

Hard to say who is more rare between Blue and Frosted, but I'd lean towards Frosted. Blue was packed full in Target cases a couple years ago.

I'd gladly trade my Target for a Frosted. I have no idea how the theory that he's 'blue' got started. Mind is almost indistinguishable from the regular version. Friggin piece of crap.

The Target version is definitely blue tinted. It is easily distinguished from the regular clear version. When these were in stores, they were plentiful. Now that the shelf supplies dried up, they are not very easy to find. I think a couple of guys have one on their trade lists.

I have no idea how the theory that he's 'blue' got started. Mind is almost indistinguishable from the regular version. Friggin piece of crap.

Like Shane said, the Target Iceman is definitely blue. This page on the Database shows all three versions. I'm pretty sure Danny's got a comparison page up as well but I got the 'Bandwidth Exceeded' message when I tried to load MMC...

Guest bdbush2007

The regular version Firestar/Iceman 2-pack has eluded me since the day it came out. That 2-pack is the biggest hole in my collection. The price they go for on Ebay is just painful. If anyone has one lying around, I have a healthy kidney to trade or money if you prefer :thumbsup:

WOW!

Me think I got jipped. Here even. Hmmm... <_<

The blue tint Ice-man is even "bluer" in person. If you think back to the blue/clear twilight Frodo and the clear Twilight Frodo...its the same exact comparison. Night and day...

I think frosted iceman is the rarest.... i would even be so brave as to categorize him with stealth ironman and black elektra these days.... hes one of the few marvel minimates that im missing <_< out of the original and the blue-tinted version.... i think the blue one is a lot sweeter... being able to see the details is a plus B)

I think frosted iceman is the rarest.... i would even be so brave as to categorize him with stealth ironman and black elektra these days.... hes one of the few marvel minimates that im missing <_< out of the original and the blue-tinted version.... i think the blue one is a lot sweeter... being able to see the details is a plus B)

Not sure if you're still looking for this ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-Minimates-Wave-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Which of all the marvel minis is the most rare?

1. gold spidey

2. silver spidey

3. the spidey that has the gold paint on him but still has on the red and blue suit

Because I have never seen anyone selling these.

3. Because except for one JP made for his comic strip it doesn't exist...

And yeah the other two are very rare usually going for anything over $2-300+

There are supposed to be only 50 of each and they are numbered.

T.

As we seem to have slipped away from Iceman .......in the first 3 Marvel Waves were the variants short packed in exactly the same way as they are currently?

Yes I believe so, (But obviously in bubble packaging not boxed). it was still 4,4,3,1 per case.

T.

But I'd say alot less cases were sold of the first 3 waves then the later and most recent ones?

As we seem to have slipped away from Iceman .......in the first 3 Marvel Waves were the variants short packed in exactly the same way as they are currently?

Yes I believe so, (But obviously in bubble packaging not boxed). it was still 4,4,3,1 per case.

T.

I supposed that they were. I asked because I find it odd that I seem to have rather a lot of the 'unmasked Cyclops & Jean Greys' in my collection yet not as many 'ordinaries'!