UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek Series 3 and BSG Wave 4 Images

Well thanks to MINI_MYTE mentioning that AFX had Star Trek Series 3 and Battlestar Galactica Wave 4 in stock and were ready to ship, I put in an order and these arrived at my office today. Yep, AFX loves me more. :)

Starting with Trek, the new packages are (as most surmised) yellow. Here's a sample pic. I figured one is enough and didn't want them showing up in other people's eBay auctions.

trekPack.jpg

Here are the innards so you can see the accessories:

trek1.jpgtrek2.jpgtrek3.jpgtrek4.jpg

And now the figures:

trekKirk.jpg

"If I can have honesty, it's easier to overlook mistakes."

trekKhan.jpg

"It has been said that social occasions are only warfare concealed."

trekGladiator.jpg

"Do you like movies about gladiators?"

trekKor.jpg

"I don't trust men who smile too much."

trekSarek.jpg

"Offense is a human emotion."

trekSpock.jpg

"Insufficient facts always invite danger."

trekSpockBrain.jpg

"Brain and brain! What is brain?!"

BSG coming shortly...

Packaging on the Battlestar Galactica Minimates is the same as the previous series. Due to that fact (and the fact I am quite lazy) there are no pictures of them here. Sorry.

Again here are the innards for your accessory perusal (Clipboards for everyone!):

bsg1.jpgbsg2.jpgbsg3.jpgbsg4.jpg

And the figures. No quotes here, I still haven't seen Season 3 because I have to wait for the DVDs to come out next month.

bsgRoslin.jpg

President Roslin - Watch me bend this golden arrow!

bsgZarek.jpg

Zarek

bsgGaeta.jpg

Gaeta - I don't know what he's holding in that accessory hand, it looks like a key of some sort. I'd like to avoid spoilers for season 3, so if you want to tell everyone what it is please put it in [spoiler ] tags. Muchas gracias.

bsgCally.jpg

Cally - Her headpiece seems a bit oversized, but I won't hit her because of it. :)

bsgBaltar.jpg

Baltar - Yeah, test tubes rock!

bsgCottle.jpg

Doc Cottle

bsgBaltarChase.jpg

Miniseries Baltar - Believe it or not, I have this exact same outfit. :)

I should have the database updated soon, but I'm still waiting on my DC Series 7 order to ship. (Backorder frustrations :angry: )

Can't wait for these. Lookin forward to getting Khan and Kor. Thanks for the Pics :)

Unfortunately, my BSG order won't ship from AFX until the Kat/Cylon 2-pack comes into stock :(

I may be misremembering, but didn't Gaeta use a key/card for the FTL drive in the miniseries?

I just ordered these and the Trek 3 from AFX, just received Marvel 19 & 20 from CornerStore, and picked up DC 7 a couple of weeks ago at the LCS. I think I'm ready for another lull...

I may be misremembering, but didn't Gaeta use a key/card for the FTL drive in the miniseries?

It might be that, my initial thoughts were that it could be

the key they use to arm nukes when they're going to destroy the Temple of Five

. I'm not sure, it was a while since I saw the episode.

Anyway, thanks for the pics Ivan! I hadn't noticed that they'd redesigned the lab coats before.

Thanks for the pics Ivan! I find it interesting that the accessories are different for the variant figures. We haven't seen that in the Marvel line IIRC. Now, I haven't been picking up the BSG line and only bothered with the Sulu variant from Trek. (Sulu having a fencing sword as opposed to a phaser made perfect sense and I didn't think twice about it.) Has this been the case with all the variants released in these two lines?

Thanks for the pics Ivan! I find it interesting that the accessories are different for the variant figures. We haven't seen that in the Marvel line IIRC. Now, I haven't been picking up the BSG line and only bothered with the Sulu variant from Trek. (Sulu having a fencing sword as opposed to a phaser made perfect sense and I didn't think twice about it.) Has this been the case with all the variants released in these two lines?

I'm reasonably sure that the variants have featured different items for both lines, though Kobol Six didn't have any accessories.

As far as Marvel is concerned, its rare that the variants even have accessories. J Jonah Jameson and Death Archangel had masks that their counterpart did not, but that hardly counts for anything.

Thanks for the pics!

Roslin & Doc Cottle are both FANTASTIC likenesses.

Cally's hair is odd. I don't remember her bangs ever being that short. I also think of her hair as quite a bit darker. Oh well. I don't much care for the character anyway, so if they're going to get somebody wrong - I don't mind it being her. ;-)

A little bored by the multitudes of Kirks & Spocks. This is the kind of wave that kills momentum in a line. DST would've been much better served to place Chapel & Rand in this wave - or Number One and a Talosian from "The Cage" to go with Pike & Vina.

A little bored by the multitudes of Kirks & Spocks. This is the kind of wave that kills momentum in a line. DST would've been much better served to place Chapel & Rand in this wave - or Number One and a Talosian from "The Cage" to go with Pike & Vina.

Perhaps one of my favorite things about BSG is the total lack of duplicates of primary characters....

Though Starbuck is easily the award winner with 3 versions, that is far less than the multitude of Kirks, Spocks and Marty McFly's in fewer waves of those collections.

THe only other that is close are the Sixes, but they're all different people that happen to look the same.

Otherwise, a few characters max out at two versions.

These all look great. I ended up ordering a set of BSG from AFX even though I already ordered a case from my LCS.

I have a question about the Trek mates. Is the paint apps like wave 1 or wave 2? Is it painted on a blank mate (wave 1) or is it a colored base with painted on details (wave 2)? Thanks if someone can answer this.

Perhaps one of my favorite things about BSG is the total lack of duplicates of primary characters....

Though Starbuck is easily the award winner with 3 versions, that is far less than the multitude of Kirks, Spocks and Marty McFly's in fewer waves of those collections.

THe only other that is close are the Sixes, but they're all different people that happen to look the same.

Otherwise, a few characters max out at two versions.

Hafta agree about BSG.

Six has 7 variants, but a number of them are actually different entities, (Six in the Red Dress, Caprica Six, Gina, "Razor" Six w/ the white coat) - so it works. Kobol Six is pretty much a variant on Six in the Red Dress, but it is a look from the first season finale in which she potentially foretold a prophecy. Important stuff, and fine by me as a variant. Gina's upcoming 2nd version from the "Razor" line is welcome, for me. It's a look she sported for a miniseries, and depicts her in her Pegasus uniform! The only Six that seems like overkill to me thus far is the upcoming Dead Six in the white coat. Not sure about that one at all...

Athena/Boomer has two versions - but again, these represent two different (and very important) characters.

Starbuck & Apollo's variants are great - in their two main uniforms: Pilot/Dress Blues. Outfits we've seen them in quite a bit.

Baltar is probably the only BSG retread I think is a little maxed out, at this point. The first version was great, and I surely don't mind the version of him in a lab coat that is arriving in Series 4. But I think the miniseries variant is sorta pushing it. Now we have two Baltar's in suits. Um...wahoo?

Aside from Baltar & the upcoming Dead Six in the white coat from "Razor", I think every figure in the BSG line up has been a solid pick.

As for Trek? The Mirror, Mirror variants of the main crew (Kirk, Spock, Uhura & Sulu) are really great choices. A memorable episode, and memorable looks for the main cast. I surely wouldn't mind seeing more boxed sets like this, if DST wants to give us continued variants of characters like Kirk & Spock (Maybe "Plato's Stepchildren" w/ Kirk, Spock, Uhura & Chapel in their greek garb?).

I also don't mind getting characters in their Dress Uniforms (Although we sure do have quite a few already - Kirk, Spock, McCoy), or alternate uniforms (Sisko from Season 1). I mean - I'm not picking them up, but I can see why other collectors would think those variants were important. I can even roll with Kirk in his green "casual shirt" that he wore a number of times...but "Bread & Circuses" Kirk and "Spock's Brain" Spock seem a little on the ridiculous side to me. Neither was a particularly important episode or an important look for the character.

And, regardless, BSG has four waves, several box sets (plus two more box sets based on "Razor"), a few exclusives (Toyfair Starbuck and the upcoming Kat exclusive)...it makes sense at this point to have a few duplications of the main characters at this point. But Trek is still SO early - we're only on Wave 3! Way too early for this many Kirks & Spocks (and the ones we've seen headed our way for waves 4 & 5).

Yikes. I just went on...and on...and on!

is doc cottle wearing a vest under his lab coat like the starbuck toyfair exclusive??

a pic of it would be cool :)

Good observation Winkerbean. Would allow for a nice Apollo in undershirt custom using the extra-Doc. And I'm sure you could find a quick custom use for the extra-Doc head. Thinking ...

is doc cottle wearing a vest under his lab coat like the starbuck toyfair exclusive??

a pic of it would be cool :)

Good observation Winkerbean. Would allow for a nice Apollo in undershirt custom using the extra-Doc. And I'm sure you could find a quick custom use for the extra-Doc head. Thinking ...

I was thinking the same thing - I already had a uniform body on reserve to make a dress uniform Cottle. I was planning on using the body to make a casual Apollo. Unfortunately the torso needs a little repaint to use as a casual dress Apollo (or other). The sides are painted white to cover the slits in the lab coat. Without the lab coat, there's odd patches of white on the sides of the torso.