UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NY Toyfair

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I just wet myself with that Dr Who Minimates announcement! Wow!

i did the same thing when i realised that by the end of the year we can have an army of cybermen vs an army of borg vs an army of cylons :thumbsup:

or

the dr helping jack bauer stop a cyberman invasion from destroying L.A.

:highfive2::highfive2::highfive2:

Well, it looks like DST has Doctor Who minimates coming too! Wow!

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=507

Holy crap, that's awesome! Couple questions though, who is Underground Toys and what is their involvment with these?

Morning Everyone!

Not sure if you guys have seen these but Wizard has some Really clear pics of the upcoming Marvel waves. Some of the iron man's dont seem to have leg knee articulation yet.

Wizard Pics!

Gah! Sideways pics!

Holy crap, that's awesome! Couple questions though, who is Underground Toys and what is their involvment with these?

I believe they are the company that holds the License for Dr Who toys here in the US. So either they have sub-licensed to DST or more likely DST are making them for Underground.

What I really want to know is... were there actual prototypes or just concept art?

T.

I believe they are the company that holds the License for Dr Who toys here in the US. So either they have sub-licensed to DST or more likely DST are making them for Underground.

What I really want to know is... were there actual prototypes or just concept art?

T.

they did say shown "Dr. Who Mini=Mates were shown, including the 9th & 10th Doctors, Martha, Cyberman, Cyber controller. Dr Who Jack (10th Dr.) will have two versions."

there is a section in the picture galleries here

http://tf08.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=522

but no photos yet we'll just have to keep an eye on it

T.

It's nice to know that there are other comanies out there that see Minimates as viable enough to work in conjunction with DST to get something as cool as this on the market. That might actually be the best part of this news.

Dr.Who ,exclusively available in the US........DST probably have there own PTBO* dept. :verymad: I can't help thinking it might be wise for DST to produce the Mandarin soon ,very soon,before the people who actually make our little heroes buy them out ,then the Mandarin will surely take the pith.

PTBO...piss the Brits off department. :down:

Were there any free minimates? :blink:

Yes and we have secretly behind your back arranged for everyone to get one except you... :ermm:

Seriously dude Chill... as soon as anyone see's one they will post. My guess is there wasn't because we'd have seen em on ebay by now.

T.

I want Dr Who minimates right now! :D

I like the Iron-Man mates but apart from Nova the other marvel's have left me a bit cold.

I kind'a felt the same way. While everything shown looks fantastic, it just seems like overkill with the IronMan stuff (between movie and comic versions) with minimal villans. Feels alot like the "Spiderman and Venom overdose"to me. Of the Marvel, Cloak/Dagger and Nova/Gammora (while not the "classic" versions I'd have liked) had me most excited.

Alot of the other lines we had already seen (or known about) for the most part. The Doctor Who announcement totally took me off-guard, and while only represented by "concept art", was the highlight for me personally. I can't wait to see/hear more!

I like the Iron-Man mates but apart from Nova the other marvel's have left me a bit cold.

But, you'll still buy them all.... :D I'm in the same boat. Even on stuff I'm not all that excited about, I'll eventually go back and pick it up because I don't have a complete collection otherwise. :(

Personally, Dr Who steals the show for me.

Well, Dr Who and this: http://tf08.figures.com/showphoto.php?photo=856

So have the unveiling's met or exceeded everyones expectations so far? I have to say the new Marvel minimates are amazing. I especially love the Iron Man and War Machine mates. The metallic paint jobs on them (and Nova's helmet) look great.

Exceeded expectations here. I'm really liking the Iron Man movie mates more than I thought I would. And I'm really digging the new Marvel wave. After the last few waves of fan requests and "big name" characters, this wave of B-level heroes seems like such a bizarre line-up. But if DST has the faith to make a Spymaster Minimate (hooray!) and not Mandarin, then the line must be pretty healthy :)

Like other people, Dr. Who has stolen the show for me. Bring on the minimate mock-ups! And Daleks!

But, you'll still buy them all.... :D I'm in the same boat. Even on stuff I'm not all that excited about, I'll eventually go back and pick it up because I don't have a complete collection otherwise. :(

Personally, Dr Who steals the show for me.

Well, Dr Who and this: http://tf08.figures.com/showphoto.php?photo=856

I have only seen a couple of Dr Who....but like you said if they are available I will pick them up.

The Marvel I am soo glad it is to continue. phew.

DC....sooo bummed it is not moving forward.

BSG will all be mine

Star Trek. not a huge fan but the borg and cardasian I like alot, and will get the others because they are there

Hoping that Star Wars and Indy are on the horizon. Doubtful, but still hope.

For some reason I was really expecting He Man Minimates I dont know why....

So have the unveiling's met or exceeded everyones expectations so far? I have to say the new Marvel minimates are amazing. I especially love the Iron Man and War Machine mates. The metallic paint jobs on them (and Nova's helmet) look great.

Very, very happy with them. I'd stopped keeping a eye on Marvel comics round about the House of M era and as such Nova and the Annihilation story arc completely passed me by as I was reading old Alan Moore Swamp Things collections and various other DC odd and sods.

However, Nova looked like such a cool little minimate I've ordered the tpbs of Annihilation just so I can get a handle on him. Marvel's spacefaring characters passed me by as kid in favour of Spidey and the Hulk.

The fact that Marvel minimates are continuing is brilliant news and I'm not overly concerned now that some heavy hitters have still to make an appearance - especially after the glut of fan favourites in recent waves. What better way to re-energise post movie/comic Ironman waves than with Gambit and Deadpool making an appearance then?

Slightly disappointed in a lack of DC news as I'm primarily a comics guy but I wouldn't put it past DC Direct to just announce another wave in their solicitations without much fanfare. Perhaps they didn't want to get brand new stuff overshadowed by Wave 7 and 8 being on display. Who knows? It would be cruel in the extreme of DC to not give us a Martian Manhunter and Atom at some point in the future.

Overall, I'm delighted with the updates and coverage. Thanks everyone.

Lots of nice minimates to look forward to... I'll have to commit a big chunk of $$ to DST again this year.

I'm all over BSG, though I wish I could get some of the Razor singles without buying a whole case.

I've already ordered wave 4, the Kat/Cylon Pack & the Classic BSG good guys. I'm a little hesitant on the classic evil set. I'll be getting the Razor box for sure.

I saw BSG vehicles in the diorama pics... I'm hoping they're not dead.

I can't wait for more Trek, and like the mixed franchise waves. I'm give-or-take on the Mirror-Mirror set.

I'll take BTTF all day long, I just wish we'd seen something new.

24 has neat figures and accessories - Though I don't watch the show, the mates or certainly cool.

I'll be all over Platoon, Fistful of Dollars and Rocky III (though I passed on teh other Rocky sets)... gotta have Mr. T and I'm a big Hulkamaniac.

Desperately Seeking Susan... good likenesses... but I'll likley pass. I hope it's just a 2-pack.

Silence of the Lambs is also another great looking set. I'll be up for those.

Given all the $$ that I'm likely to spend, I'll probably pass on Dr. Who and Marvel... just not an interest for me

A little disappointed that we haven't seen a Toy Fair mate, but also releived that I don't have to hunt one down on E-Bay

Good Showing DST!

I'd just like to take this time to point out that I suggested Dr Who minis way back a couple of Q&As ago, and as such when announced I ripped off all my clothes and did a naked happy dance that put all other naked happy dance in the history of naked happy dances to shame. :D

BTW, I'm thinking this isn't real. You've got the scrapped classic BSG vehicles, old Zombie figures, and dead SFII figures. This must just be a diorama of what was produced, not what's coming.

Also, allow me to take this time to flip out over Marvel, Transformers, GI Joe and Star Wars. Hasbro is an unstoppable Juggernaut!

The lack of both high quality Minimate photos this year, combined with the lack of a good news source leave me feeling lack luster.