UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toyfare #128 pics

Here are some pics from the latest issue or Toyfare magazine. Depicted are shots of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly minimate set. Again there are 2 versions of Blondie (Eastwood), one from the beginning of the movie and one from the end. Unfortunately, the end version reuses the flipped over poncho piece from AFOD set and (if I'm not mistaken) the head and hat piece from AFDM set. Would rather of had Tucco in his sombrero.

The Platoon set looks sweet as does Rocky 3. Yay Thunderlips!

(click thumnails for larger pics.)

th_GoodbadandUgly.jpgth_platoon.jpgth_rocky3-1.jpg

NOTE: I took these pics with my digital camera and posted them for the sole purpose of sharing them with forum members who could not get their hands on an issue of Toyfare #128. I did not ask Wizard for permission to post these pics. If the moderators of MMMV think that these pics are unacceptable, please remove this topic from the forum. No harm was intended. Thanks.

Mini-Myte

You'd be correct on the reused poncho mold. In fact, they have the same paint job (which isn't surprising since they are in fact the same poncho used in all three movies).

Here's hoping Thunderlips comes with a non-hat hairpiece. He'll look right silly in the ring with a pimp hat on.

Oh, and did anyone notice Thunderlips is going commando?

Looking at these on the magazine last night I realised that the Poncho is 'off' the wrong shoulder...

I assume that the reason it's pushed back is so that he can fastdraw his gun without it getting in the way, but the holster is on the other side?!

*edit* here's a link to show what I mean... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:ClintEastwood.JPG

(Hey DSTMatt I see ya lurking today, care to comment? :) )

T.

Wow, the Charlie Sheen Platoon mate is a really great likeness.

And I'm loving the Rocky III set. I can get a "non beat up" boxing Apollo by switching heads with Rocky II, a Clubber Lang (yes!) and a sweet Thunderlips. I'm liking Rocky's belt, as well.

I really like the Angel Eyes figure from TGBU, but It seems like I'll be too burnt out on Clint Eastwood sculpts by the time this set is out.

The Platoon Mates look good so do the rocky III mates Now i can have an army to kill any mini-restistance :P

Gah, I'm so burned-out on the damn "poncho-Clint" (even a "sun-tortured Blondie" would have been better)! While I understand what they're trying to represent (the final showdown), we're practically getting the same figure from the second set; some variety would have been nice (hope this doesn't affect sales). Hell, Tuco and Angel-Eyes both had alternate costumes in this movie that would have made better choices. Some "exclusive 2-packs" could remedy this, but I sincerely doubt that they'd happen...shame. The other three look fantastic though. Ironically, the Platoon and Rocky III (which I initially had less interest in) look phenomenal!! I wouldn't have imagined being this excited over them, but they're practically perfect in character choice and execution.

Again there are 2 versions of Blondie (Eastwood), one from the beginning of the movie and one from the end. Unfortunately, the end version reuses the flipped over poncho piece from AFOD set and (if I'm not mistaken) the head and hat piece from AFDM set. Would rather of had Tucco in his sombrero.

Yeah, it's more than a little bit disappointing that they're giving us, basically, what amounts to a quick custom instead of a new figure.

Here's hoping Thunderlips comes with a non-hat hairpiece. He'll look right silly in the ring with a pimp hat on.

Agreed. I'm also hoping that Clubber's mohawk is a hairpiece and not a sculpted head. I can think of a few things to make with a mohawk hairpiece. Judging by the picture, though, it looks like a sculpted head. Either way, I'm glad they didn't go the painted-on route.

The Platoon set looks amazing! I'm not so much a fan of the movie but I can't wait for that set now.

The Willem Dafoe likeness is spot-on. As to Charlie Sheen's superneck, I think it's artistic license for this photo, to put him in the pose from the movie poster. These sculpted chests that are all the rage these days don't allow for much up-down head movement.

Yeah, some excellent likenesses in that Platoon set.

It should be noted that Toy Fare also carried a picture for the Silence of the Lambs set. No new characters, but Lecter was wearing his mask. Hopefully good news for this accessory seeing production.

And isn't it interesting that they were all pictures of Movie Mates? The absence of superheroes is a bit disconcerting...

And isn't it interesting that they were all pictures of Movie Mates? The absence of superheroes is a bit disconcerting...

It really bothers of me as well

This appears to be a marketing strategy, to move away from the superheroes and remake the minimate line to a specialty niche for movies.

I hope I am wrong, but no word on DC Minimates past series 9, Nothing past Marvel 19 and 20. It looks like 2008 is going to be the year of the Cinemates.

Which I guess stands to reason, smaller companies seem to be focusing on more adult themed properties, and leaving the kids stuff to the big boys of toys.

But there are so many superheores i still want to see made for both DC and Marvel I just hate to see it end.