UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

San Diego 2008

boyd

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've signed up to volunteer all four days, so expect to see me there! I won't know what my volunteer shifts will be until I check in on the first day, though. Hey, it'd be great to end up volunteering for a Minimates panel! Also, we ought to plan a San Diego meetup for all us Multiversers!

I've signed up to volunteer all four days, so expect to see me there! I won't know what my volunteer shifts will be until I check in on the first day, though. Hey, it'd be great to end up volunteering for a Minimates panel! Also, we ought to plan a San Diego meetup for all us Multiversers!

Out of curiosity, what does someone get out of volunteering at SDCC? And why are volunteers needed for anything? They aren't making enough money with the registration fees to pay people?

• 3 weeks later...
Does anybody here know if SDCC passes are transferable ? There are numerous 4-day passes on ebay which say that they are transferable but can anybody confirm this?

Officially NO they are not and I think they ask for ID when you pick them up, so I would be VERY wary of buying off ebay.

I actually don't have confirmed tickets for the show yet either as I didn't expect quite such a fast sell out!

But living in San Diego means I do have a couple of sources that I'm hoping will come up trumps for me!

T.

Got my vacation confirmation from the boss today and everything else is taken care of. I hope to see some folks while we are down there, but it does tend to get crazy when we're there :thumbsup: Good luck TBT, hope you get to attend through your usual sources :D BHM, the last time my wife and I attended we had to have all of our print out of the purchase of the tickets and picture id. That was back on 06, so I don't know if anything changed or not :unsure: Like TBT said, I'd be leary of anything online. Would hate for you to get there and be SOL.

I don't think they are transferrable, but I don't know that for sure.

I'll be there avoiding TBT in his Slave Leia bikini.

He only tends to show up where he's not wanted, so I hope you weren't planning on needing your eyes going into August. :D

Ok folks it's close enough we should be thinking about beer!

I know a lot of you are coming to SDCC and as usual there will be an official MinimateMultiverse pub meetup.

At present we're looking at:

Friday 7pm Onwards (Usually until they kick us out) in Dublin Square ( 4th and Market - it's about 2 blocks from the Con.)

Obviously only over 21's.

I know some of you guys won't be able to make that so we'll probably be in the same place/time On the Sat too.

Let us know if you're going to show or PM any questions to either myself or Shane.

T.

Sounds good.

I didn't see a MMMV-meet-up panel room reservation in the programming schedule. Whose job is it to entice Chuck to down to the pub? :) My Spidey costume doesn't fit like it used to.

Yeah we don't get a room this year, perhaps due to the post event drama with Harry potter people!

Perhaps we should formalize a time to go and sit-in at DST 's booth on the carpet and chant the name of the minimates we want them to produce!

BTW did you notice the Harry Potter Fans get a bigger meeting room this year? ;)

(It's all fun and games til one of the teenage muggles cries cos she cant get in!)

T.

............... go and sit-in at DST 's booth on the carpet and chant the name of the minimates we want them to produce!

T.

Perhaps........ go and

shit-in

DST's booth on the carpet and chant the name of the minimate we don't want them to produce...Desperately Seeking

a Shit-house

!

I'll be there.........................................in spirit of course, along with spirit eagle, like two dead jedi's watching over your shoulders, with light beers, instead of lightsabers. Hey Tim, you could get a mini nervous mate to pose with a Leia this year....and maybe my buddy Foxhole Froud.

mininerv.jpg

ps. Thanks Storm!

Shane, not too much fizzy water , unless that is what you do when you disappear all the time :biggrin:

Edited by Nervous