UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BBTS just put up BSG Razor case

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These should be regular release, right? LCBS?

I would think so. There's no mention of these being an exclusive in the BBTS listing. Maybe it'll be in the next Previews. Does that come out this Wednesday or next? I can never remember with fifth-week months.

This must be what that clue in the last e-spectrum referred to:

"What has 14 legs, 7 heads, 10 mechanical arms and is based on last month’s Battlestar Razor?..."

10 Mecahnical arms must refer to the 5 cylon variants: Pilot, commander, gold, freefall and warrior

and 7 heads/14 legs refers to the entire collection: 5 cylons + 2 Six variations.

Nonetheless - sign me up for at least 1 full set.

Hi, I'm new here, but have been reading the forum for a while. I only collect BSG minimates right now - may branch out but I fear for my wallet. Anyway as much as I'd like my first post to be a positive one, instead I'm gonna whine and show my disappointment for not getting a Kendra figure. It's so silly that they advertise this as a Razor assortment when all we're getting are a bunch of cylons. For you army builders I'm sure it's great, but I want as wide a selection of different characters and not just a lot of variations of cylons. Anyway, love the site.

No Kendra the Razor because of cut-backs,slashed prices & cut-throat marketing. Personally I'm foaming at the mouth (throat). I'm just a whisker away from throwing in the hot-towel. Anyway razor glasses......here's to Kendra.

Dude, you need to chill out. What's your phone number? I'll call you from my Razor and see if we can't talk you down... :D

I'm hanging on that one key line -- that this is start of a whole Razor series of 'Mates.

No Kendra the Razor because of cut-backs,slashed prices & cut-throat marketing. Personally I'm foaming at the mouth (throat). I'm just a whisker away from throwing in the hot-towel. Anyway razor glasses......here's to Kendra.

Dude, you need to chill out. What's your phone number? I'll call you from my Razor and see if we can't talk you down... :D

I'm hanging on that one key line -- that this is start of a whole Razor series of 'Mates.

Cappy,thanks for everything,if you hadn't have called & talked me down....I just don't know?.......it was a close-shave :blink:

Hi, I'm new here, but have been reading the forum for a while. I only collect BSG minimates right now - may branch out but I fear for my wallet. Anyway as much as I'd like my first post to be a positive one, instead I'm gonna whine and show my disappointment for not getting a Kendra figure. It's so silly that they advertise this as a Razor assortment when all we're getting are a bunch of cylons. For you army builders I'm sure it's great, but I want as wide a selection of different characters and not just a lot of variations of cylons. Anyway, love the site.

First off, "Welcome!". This is a great site full of great people.

Secondly, this is essentially just another Cylon "army builder" (like the previous "classic" and "modern") and is in no way meant to represent "Razor" as a whole; more like a "preview". Don't fret, I'm certain that we'll see Kendra, "Husker", etc. in some form whether as part of a series or special boxset quite soon. Faith and patience are a HUGE part of being a "miniac" (along with stints of melencholy and a bit of whining!;P).

As far as what we know we're getting, I've rewatched "Razor" a few more times and am a bit stumped as to the differences.

Pilots: OK, the "Guardians" (very remniscent of the "classic" Cylons). On a side-note, now DST absolutely must produce the "classic" Raider or I'll be doubly-heartbroken!!

Gold: Check, essentially the same...but gold!

Commander: Huh? I thought the gold were commanders?!? No idea what this means.

"Free-fall": Again, looked like the pilots to me. Is the sub-machine gun enough to differentiate this guy?

Warrior: The more modern looking ones, perhaps with the long rifles?

"Dead" Pegasus Six: White waist-coat, black pants (possibly with gun-shot wounds?).

Pegasus Six: Could be the "undercover" gear or maybe the "captive" (chained with a "potatoe-sack" tunic?) version.

Oh well, while I'm not totally thrilled by this particular asst. (could have just been incorporated into a series or boxset IMO with some "Razor"-specific Colonials), I'll surely buy a case despite the fact that they'll probably just show up again later with their Colonial-counterparts.

Secondly, this is essentially just another Cylon "army builder" (like the previous "classic" and "modern") and is in no way meant to represent "Razor" as a whole; more like a "preview". Don't fret, I'm certain that we'll see Kendra, "Husker", etc. in some form whether as part of a series or special boxset quite soon. Faith and patience are a HUGE part of being a "miniac" (along with stints of melencholy and a bit of whining!;P).

As far as what we know we're getting, I've rewatched "Razor" a few more times and am a bit stumped as to the differences.

Pilots: OK, the "Guardians" (very remniscent of the "classic" Cylons). On a side-note, now DST absolutely must produce the "classic" Raider or I'll be doubly-heartbroken!!

"Free-fall": Again, looked like the pilots to me. Is the sub-machine gun enough to differentiate this guy?

"Dead" Pegasus Six: White waist-coat, black pants (possibly with gun-shot wounds?).

Pegasus Six: Could be the "undercover" gear or maybe the "captive" (chained with a "potatoe-sack" tunic?) version.

Oh well, while I'm not totally thrilled by this particular asst. (could have just been incorporated into a series or boxset IMO with some "Razor"-specific Colonials), I'll surely buy a case despite the fact that they'll probably just show up again later with their Colonial-counterparts.

So... you don't suppose they'll (DST) stick a classic Cylon top half on a modern Cylon bottom half and call them Razor Cylons, do you? That's kind of the hybrid look I remember from Razor.

Yeah, that has me a bit curious too. Actually, the "Guardians" are nearly the same as the classic minus the black acordian-tubing over the joints (well that and they're CGI). That's partly why I'm not so excited for these. Maybe if they do the "bone-effect" of Marvel Zombies and paint the thinner joints over translucent parts they would be unique, but otherwise...kind'a lack-luster. I'd have just been content to get these in a boxset or paired with the main cast of Razor. Oh well, who am I kidding? DST has me by the purse-strings and knows I'm down for a case! If nothing else, I'd dare say that this news certainly guarantees us more than Series 4 BSG mates, as they'd be absolutely criminal to give us these without continuing the theme (just make sure we also get our Anders, Cavil, Leoben, Simon, Doral, Tory, etc. from the main series too!!).

Nonono, you're all missing it. Zombie Six! :D

How about they follow that with the return of the "soap-mates" (the blankmate cast in a bar of soap) and embed the Cylon Hybrid in a block of glycerine. As you wash with it he says: "This has all happened before, and will happen again...now rinse and repeat". :P

First reaction to this news: Woohooo!

Second reaction: I love Six as much as the next guy, and Potato Sack Gina would be an essential addition. But when are we going to get other Cylons that we've been seeing since the miniseries, like Doral and Leoben? Or even Brother Cavill?