UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Bridge of the Enterprise

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, at my current rate of progress, this will be done no sooner than 2012. :)

just in time for the the end of the world........ well according to the mayan calendar, i think its one of thier warning sign's " beware the man finish his enterprise in 2012 for the end will have come at last" :lol::lol:

I've noticed that a lot of people have been wanting to display their Star Trek Minimates, so I bought the Amt Enterprise Bridge Model Kit made in 1992. After I got it at ebay, I quickly began to build it. Although, there is very little to really build at all. So I guess I should say that I began to paint it right away. And after I did that I had to put on the decals (which was a stressfull experience). However, after I put it all together and put my mates in it looked pretty cool (even though it's not the full 360 degrees). So for all of you out there who like Star Trek as much as me, here are some completely unedited pics (except for the blue around the viewscreen). By the way, you may notice some space between the stations because I did not glue them together in the event that I may want to move them around later.

Wow... This is perfect for the minimates. I just bought one online after seeing these pics. Will post some pics of my own once I get to build it! Thanks! --Rick

You know what would set that bridge piece off perfectly?

The minimate multiverse square Earth logo placed on the viewscreen. ;)

Idea stolen!

YOU can't steal that idea, you haven't even finished your bridge yet! :tongue:

Now mean, I plan on stealing it as soon as I can score a set.... ;)

sick. Just bought mine. there's at least one more on e-bay for 16.95 BIN.

I just snagged that one! Bought 2 model kits to do a complete bridge set (all the way around). Bought the first one on a modeler's website for $10 (plus $8 shipping). They only had 1 kit available. Then bought the second one on Ebay (mentioned above). :)

Now I need to order a light kit as I plan on doing custom lights on the panel displays. Man, I'm looking forward to this project!! :)

Thanks for giving us the great pics and the idea to do this!!! --Rick

sick. Just bought mine. there's at least one more on e-bay for 16.95 BIN.

I just snagged that one! Bought 2 model kits to do a complete bridge set (all the way around). Bought the first one on a modeler's website for $10 (plus $8 shipping). They only had 1 kit available. Then bought the second one on Ebay (mentioned above). :)

Now I need to order a light kit as I plan on doing custom lights on the panel displays. Man, I'm looking forward to this project!! :)

Thanks for giving us the great pics and the idea to do this!!! --Rick

After picking up the 2 Bridge models, I found (and bought) these BACKLIT PANELS for the bridge. Now I just have to find a good light kit. Here's some pics from the auction:

NewBridge3.jpg

NewBridge4.jpg

NewBridge2.jpg

BridgeSheet.jpg

NewBridge1.jpg

ok so this model was a god send but with ds9, tng & movie mates coming out what are we supposed to do for display's as i don't think there are any ds9, defiant, enterprise A, D bridge kits of these.... :(:(

I don't think any other models were made for the other bridges.....?? Guess we'll have to make 'em from scratch.

ok so this model was a god send but with ds9, tng & movie mates coming out what are we supposed to do for display's as i don't think there are any ds9, defiant, enterprise A, D bridge kits of these.... :(:(

I don't think any other models were made for the other bridges.....?? Guess we'll have to make 'em from scratch.

Well if you're forced to do that, then don't forget that "if it can be dreamed, it can be built."

• 3 weeks later...
Me too! I can tell you now I'm looking forward to the smell of glue :tongue: I've just scanned ebay for these & the prices vary a lot ,$30 seems about right.

I found one for about $15. Now if the mail man would just hurry up.

I just found one on the shelf of a local model shop today and picked it up for $32.99 so if you can find it cheaper it's probably a good deal. I'm tempted to be lazy and just build the captain's chair. Kirk will look cool on my desk at work sitting in the chair!

• 2 weeks later...

i am totally jumping on the band wagon and getting one. i actually built this kit when i was like 12 or 13 and it broke. someone please confirm the original did not go all the way around right? and i will need two kits to do a 'full' bridge.

i am totally jumping on the band wagon and getting one. i actually built this kit when i was like 12 or 13 and it broke. someone please confirm the original did not go all the way around right? and i will need two kits to do a 'full' bridge.

Yes, the kit does not go completely around and some people have gotten another to build a full bridge. I didn't for filming reasons.

• 5 weeks later...
I bought the kit weeks ago & haven't even broken the cellophane yet. I saw this one on ebay & it arrived last week. I feel like a cheat but no way would I have made as good a job as this guy did,it's even got a polished wood base that it's mounted on.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=230238297995

Top score BHM!! £4 for one already built and painted....jammy sod! :)

That's perfect, in fact the only reason I haven't bought the kit is that I know I'll never get around to building it and it'll be another piece of plastic clogging up my limited storage space!

T.

I had been debating getting the entire bridge crew but was going back and forth, partially because I didn't have a bridge to have them all on. Now though, it's definitely decided, I need to pick up one of each of the original bridge crew. Although I might put Captain Pike in the Captain's Chair just because I can.

• 7 months later...

OK folks, I know it's a bit thread necro but I need one of these bridge sets, Does anyone have one they got with good intentions and never built?

I have plans for this which may or may not go beyond simplying glueing and painting it!

T.