UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Bridge of the Enterprise

I've noticed that a lot of people have been wanting to display their Star Trek Minimates, so I bought the Amt Enterprise Bridge Model Kit made in 1992. After I got it at ebay, I quickly began to build it. Although, there is very little to really build at all. So I guess I should say that I began to paint it right away. And after I did that I had to put on the decals (which was a stressfull experience). However, after I put it all together and put my mates in it looked pretty cool (even though it's not the full 360 degrees). So for all of you out there who like Star Trek as much as me, here are some completely unedited pics (except for the blue around the viewscreen). By the way, you may notice some space between the stations because I did not glue them together in the event that I may want to move them around later.

post-1892-1200721496_thumb.jpg

post-1892-1200721560_thumb.jpg

post-1892-1200721668_thumb.jpg

post-1892-1200721684_thumb.jpg

post-1892-1200721729_thumb.jpg

post-1892-1200721770_thumb.jpg

post-1892-1200721826_thumb.jpg

post-1892-1200721845_thumb.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blast. I've been beaten! Mine is still in the works.

Your bridge looks amazing BTW. Very nicely done!

Mine too (maybe this Spring/Summer). The floor-plates and wall sections are all glued and awaiting paint (for about a year now!) before final assembly. I'm contemplating getting another set to fill-in the "open panels" and possibly adding lighting to the screens before completion, but it's been on-hold for so long I'm wondering if it will ever be finished. Damn unpredictable Midwest weather!! Nice to see someone else actually get theirs together. It's a great 'lil set that works well for the 'mates. I wish there were more (transporter room, etc.)!

Spocko -- Thanks so much for sharing. I've been waiting to see pics before investing in this model set, now it's off to eBay I go! :)

It looks like Kirk fits just fine in the command chair. Do the others settle fairly well on those swivel chairs?

Does the set come with figures at all? Like maybe an Uhura that I can scavenge an earpiece off of?

And also, thanks for the Star Trek wallpaper you posted in another thread.

Spocko -- Thanks so much for sharing. I've been waiting to see pics before investing in this model set, now it's off to eBay I go! :)

It looks like Kirk fits just fine in the command chair. Do the others settle fairly well on those swivel chairs?

Does the set come with figures at all? Like maybe an Uhura that I can scavenge an earpiece off of?

As a matter of fact, it seems almost as if the chairs were built for minimates because they fit perfectly. And as for figures, the model came with Kirk, Spock, and Sulu (although I think the Sulu figure looks more like Bones). I didn't bother painting them now, however I might later on. Sorry there is no Uhura to get an earpiece off of. :(

As a matter of fact, it seems almost as if the chairs were built for minimates because they fit perfectly. And as for figures, the model came with Kirk, Spock, and Sulu (although I think the Sulu figure looks more like Bones). I didn't bother painting them now, however I might later on. Sorry there is no Uhura to get an earpiece off of. :(

Actually, the chairs work for all 'mates(without something over their pelvis) except Uhura. The skirt prohibits her from "sitting" and is just slightly too big to settle into the back of the chair (which gets narrower towards the back). She may be able to sit on the edge of the seat once her skirt has been modified. My idea for this is to get another Uhura (wish she came with Scotty for a "security" custom to justify the purchase!) for an extra skirt, drill a hole (the size of the pelvis-peg) in the front, flip and attach in "seated position", and shave down the edges of the original top (now backside) to fit. I'm still not entirely sure if this will solve the problem as there is quite a bit of space between the front and back of the skirt to allow her to look natural sitting. The back (now bottom) may need to be partially or fully removed.

wow, that really does look good!

is THIS the kit you used, Spocko? i couldn't find an ebay listing that included the AMT Model #...

I have no idea where i'd display the thing, but dang it if i'm not totally jealous now! haha

wow, that really does look good!

is THIS the kit you used, Spocko? i couldn't find an ebay listing that included the AMT Model #...

I have no idea where i'd display the thing, but dang it if i'm not totally jealous now! haha

yeah thats the right one

i bought one aswell after i saw his cool pics

Me too! I can tell you now I'm looking forward to the smell of glue :tongue: I've just scanned ebay for these & the prices vary a lot ,$30 seems about right.

I found one for about $15. Now if the mail man would just hurry up.

When this post went up, I went to e-bay and found one for $9.99+ S&H. $18 for this was a good deal. The box was open, but everything was in the bags. This goes great with the transporter PDF. I'm going to start this as soon as I set up my new customizing table...(and finish some customs). :blush:

After doing one set, you will realize you want to buy another for the other half of the bridge.

I'm working on making the remaining extra parts of the second set into a Transporter room. Sssshhhhhhh.

:)

Let me know how that goes, as I'm sure once getting the Bridge built, I'll be wanting to do the rest of the damn ship.