UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dilemma - Poll now added

Would you/Should I  

35 members have voted

1. 1. If/when you had/got these mates, would you open them?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you were me, what would you do?

• open, thats what they're for
    • open if you want to
    • leave them be, they lose value
    • leave them be, you'll appreicate them more
    • other- if so, tell me why

Well, I recently got the 4 remaining WW mates i needed (LA, Texas, Chicago, and Philly) and the BA and Red Cross mates. Now I thought I was getting open ones, but to my surprise, they were all sealed. I want to open them, but that nagging collector in me is telling me to leave them be. I have Boston open and wanting to hang out with the rest of the crew, but I really don't know what to do? (sick, I know). So as the topic asks, WWMMMVMD?

Espo

PS, guess what those letters mean, ;)

Enjoy them for the the thing of beauty they are... but keep them bagged.

One tearing frenzy and you'll feel good about it for about 10 minutes then feel guilty for the rest of your toy owning days....

T.

p.s. The letters mean about 40,237,847 in roman numerals or about 500 points in scrabble (If you get a double word score).

(yes I just got back from the pub and sensible answers are not forthcoming...)

p.p.s What Would (other) MiniMateMultiVerse Members Do? ;)

i have a yellow wizard world tour 2005 out of his bag. :)(i got him during the target mail away offer)

i also have a hunt minimate out of his bag. :)(i got him along with the cylon when DST was giving away the hunt minimates and cylons)

i also have a cylon out of his bag. :) (same deal as the hunt dude)

I opened mine. I always open mine. I have no intention of selling any of them, so who cares about keeping them in the package. My blanks are all engaged in a no holds barred Battle Royal while Elf Spock and John Stewart give each other the high five. Starbuck is making out with the Hunt mate in the corner.

Open em up! If you are not one to resell then why have them in package still? In my entire collection of minis I only have 5 that are in package....my bombermate and MoTM, a New Times Batman, the single carded Silver Surfer and the 3 inch ADV blank in its soap......and its not in attempt to increase the value these particular ones just dont need to be opened....but I am still tempted too every once in awhile lol :D

Jeff of the Minis

i always try to get 2 of each promo and than i open one

if i got only one ill open it to go with the rest of the open mates, that and im scared he'll sufficate

Personally, I wouldn't open them. But, do what you want. Part of collecting if appreciation of value, but how much less would they be worth open? If you want to open them, go for it.

I'm in this dilemma atm. I dunno whether to open my Elf Spock, or keep him in the bag. I'd quite like to open him and display him, but it seems a shame to open something so rare and something so many others want. I dunno.

well if i open one i need to open them all, it happend when i started to collect and bought the black spidey set which i opend and now i open most of them, but not the exclusive doubles

well if i open one i need to open them all, it happend when i started to collect and bought the black spidey set which i opend and now i open most of them, but not the exclusive doubles

aapje, what do you mean by exclusive doubles? promos?

yea srry i meant promos but its with my exclusives too

Well, I get 2 whenever I can, 1 to keep sealed and they other to Roam free! As free as the wind blows!

As it stands though, I usually open mine BUT I keep the bags, that way I can stick him back in the bag if I ever want to sell him. Not worth as much, but it's better than just plain loose.

I have to think my cousin for throwing out my WWred bag. :angry:

hey everyone, thanks for posting your opinions and voting. i can see what the more or less consensus is on this topic. i was hoping for 30 votes before i decided, but i think i have enough, i see where most are coming from, and i can agree with both sides. ultimately, its for me and what i want, so I'm gonna open them, and if push came to shove, and the need to sell them arises, i know that it won't drastically reduce the value. again, thanks to everyone for chiming in, and not treating me like a neurotic weirdo just because i put up such a topic, ;)

as the surveys say, your opinion counts.

Ithink it has been said, but it these for something you were looking for andones you REALLYwanted......you know your not going to get rid of them.......you might as well open them and enjoy them!

Give them some air....they can't breath in those bags...lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have just invested $25,000 in a prototype 'Minimate-bag-resealer' & a label-printing machine. I get to open the bags & :blink: touch my promos (is this legal in Texas?) & then..... I reseal them. So you thought I was stupid huh!? I can offer this service for free to anybody who wishes to send me their loose Gold-Spidey . I guarantee it's safe return :rolleyes: